We Challenge Labour Campaign

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition We Challenge Labour Campaign.

2014-02-23 03:32

Speak for us labour. The miffed and disillusioned. Not those from the wayside you hope to catch. Speak for those of us you've lost. It's not us that have to find our way back home.

2014-02-23 03:46

We need to know definitively where Labour stand. Lives are at risk if they are voted in but do not reverse these unnecessary 'reforms'. Too many thousands of the most vulnerable people in the UK have already died due to reforms. Will Labour reverse the injustice? We need to know. We have a right to know. No more scapegoating of the most vulnerable in our society.

2014-02-23 03:58

it is time for labour to step up for this country and the people before the tories destroy everything completely

2014-02-23 04:09

Every component of the Welfare Reform act 2012 needs to be reviewed and reversed to end the punishment of the poorest and most vulnerable members of society.

2014-02-23 06:27

Our nation lost blood to fight the kind of policies this condem party have been pushing .Murder by policies is Genocide
Laz

#6 Murder

2014-02-23 06:35

Murder by policies is Genocide under international law yet those in power have ignored what the atrocities they're actions have caused .Mistakes were made in the past but it is never to late to halt these murderous action's .The WCA must be scrapped and people with Disabilities ,long term and progressive illnesses must be protected from any further abuse .It is hard enough to keep going as it is when you never know if the next breath you take may be your last . Any future tests should relate to if a person is employable as masses found fit by Atos would be high risk and never considered suitable by an employer especialy competing with healthy people.

2014-02-23 09:55

Sadly, in most matters, Labour support the Tories, but we can try!

2014-02-23 10:17

Stand up and be counted

#9 ESA

2014-02-23 10:58

I think people are only just becoming aware of how much suffering the Tory's have put on the sick members of our society. I worked very hard for 35+ years. Some days doing up to 17/18 hrs. a day when harvesting. I had 4 weeks of heart murmurs before having a heart attack. This was followed a couple of years later by a triple by-pass. The stress of having to go through the process of changing to ESA, made me have 5 serious and many more slighter angina attacks. This was not caused by the actual re-apply for benefits but the knowledge of how sick people were being treated. And the figures given for people dying within 6 weeks of being found "fit for work" some 10600 over a 13/15 month period. If this is supposed to be a democratic process of helping the sick to achieve, God help us if the government really gets nasty with us. A total re-think is needed, and who better to give "Proper" medical decisions about our health than our GP's who treat us on a daily basis.
Sooz

#10 Speak up for the working classes

2014-02-23 11:22

It is a Tory myth that they 'want to get people back to work'. There are no jobs. So they bring in Atos to remove benefits. There's no work and no benefits. Hence the rise in food banks and high interest money lenders. Meanwhile the snouts are well into the trough in various ways at the other end of the scale.
Bring fairness back to Britain. Please repeal these laws
stokesy

2014-02-23 11:29

Sadly, I feel Labour are not truly in Opposition' any more on most matters, but let us hope!
stokesy

#12 Re: ESA

2014-02-23 11:32

#9: - ESA

Yes, I worked hard for over forty years, and in one fell swoop, I lost my health, and had my pension put back for two years!To be treated like some sort of workshy scrounger, and fall foul of Atos etc, is an insult too many!

I still cannot understand why human rights lawyers---who seem to crawl all over prisoners  'preotecting' their human rights, have failed to come to our aid.

2014-02-23 13:40

On behalf of Black Triangle Campaign in Defence of Disability Rights

2014-02-23 13:50

Out with the old, in with the new....

2014-02-23 13:52

this piece of devisive legislation is the miost cruel thing ever done to the people of this country

2014-02-23 14:08

We need to know a Labour government is behind the people and not thinking about their own pockets all the time. And we want democracy.

2014-02-23 14:11

What we also need is the Department of Work and Pensions to be scraped and replace with a new Department of Social Affairs and Equalities

2014-02-23 14:26

I am a member of the Labour Party & have always voted for them but I want Labour to promise they will reverse the Tories mistakes!

2014-02-23 16:58

I am a Labour member but have not been active for a while because of Labour's silence on welfare issues. I am glad to see some recent proposals but agree that a promise of legislation is needed.

2014-02-23 18:52

have always voted Labour, would like to see them do the right thing for the people

2014-02-23 22:27

No can do sorry, i have fully support the idea and the campaign but you are talking about a party that will have ed balls as its chancellor which means none of this will go through because he is as bad if not worse than the tories, and anything he promises now will be backtracked on within a month of election.

2014-02-24 01:04

No government can justify even one death from the austerity measures that are now in place, there have been hundreds and many more will die before 2015 don't turn a blind eye anymore. Yes there are benifit fraudsters but the unemployed and disabled are not the reason for the economic collapse in the world, the welfare estate is already payed for by the working people of the uk, the banks don't pay the unemployed the people do.....and it is less than £1 per person, the government tax on every thing is the reason your money don't go as far as it used to, by giving working people a real wage would stop the current hatered towards the unemployed and disabled because it is not fair unemployed get the same money as a worker, you need to stop private landlords charging whatever they want for house ing that alone would drop benifit payout by millions, landlords own the houses they rent and a limit of £500 per calendar month is plenty but maybe not for the house owner (greed) cap benifit but not at a level that causes poverty or death ......and stop the current trend of dividing the people of the uk, by letting g.p's do the work of deciding who is fit for work and who is not, they know their patients better than anyone, stop useing the press to create spin and propaganda ...reverse everything this nazi party in power have done, last but not least. Put up a memorial for all those who have died from the austerity cuts let them be remembered for being a person pushed to take their lives by a government that did not give a damn let them be remembered as someone's son, daughter, dad, mother, aunts, uncle,brother, sister etc they lives were worth more than you valued it at......let them have justice, charge this government for crimes against humanity....do something and do it now

2014-02-24 13:13

Come on Labour, stop trying to ape the Tories and for once act like a real opposition that I might actually be able to vote for in good conscience.

2014-02-24 14:24

The Welfare Reform act 2012 needs to be reviewed completely and reversed in all aspects that contribute to the punishment of the poorest and most vulnerable members of our society today.

2014-02-25 14:05

I have signed this petition as I want to see a fairer system and more support not just financial, for the sick and disabled. The cull needs to stop