Reinstate 1 yr Applied Ba ECCE @ Carlow IT for higher capitation

Quoted post

L Ni Flannagain
The author of this petition

#11 Re: Re: Re:

2016-04-14 22:34

#10: - Re: Re:  

That's made perfectly clear in the literature for the course and anyone who has signed up for it is well aware of that fact.

People in this sector who already have ordinary degrees are quick to point out how your degrees are being devalued , it would be great if you protested to the Government about how on a whim, they are truly devaluing previous courses and demoting courses  to suit their childcare budgets with absolutely no consideration for the human cost. Protest for something positive. This is a petition to reinstate the course on the higher capitation list. You have your degree & higher capitation so there is absolutely no need for you to post here. It wasn't set up to allow you vent, if you need to do that perhaps it's best you set up a petition yourself .

Replies

#14 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2016-04-15 08:21:38

#11: L Ni Flannagain - Re: Re: Re:  

Well said. I don't know y people with degrees are trying to ruin it for the people who are trying to better themselves. We are not in.competition with each other! All childcare workers want better standards for our profession. It cost me €250 per module to do my level 6, I didn't complete them at the time when there were only 4 modules due to personal reasons so I had 8 modules to complete. Then the learner fund came in and people had the opportunity to complete modules for €25 each! They wasn't an uproar then from people doin the 8 modules at this price from other people in the profession. The point of this is goalposts are being changed for us in childcare all the time to make things harder for us. At a time when we should be joining forces not belittling others for their efforts.