Reinstate Coach Fader

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Reinstate Coach Fader.

#26 #26

2014-07-12 14:08

Tim Fader did the right thing; in fact, in the twenty-five years I have known Tim, I can safely say Tim has a history of doing the right thing. Tim's commitment to helping people grow and succeed on and off the mat should be rewarded not punished. The decision to end Coach Fader's contract is an example of poor UWW administrative leadership, which will negatively impact not only the UWW wrestling team, but also Coach Fader and his family. UWW can make this injustice right by reinstating Coach Fader.

2014-07-12 23:41

As a former assistant from 1985-1988 it was really refreshing to see us near the top of the d3 tournament.i think we the public and former people associated with the program deserve answers on what is really going on. Tim has brought pride back to the program. Than you, Bob kopecky

2014-07-14 16:23

Reinstate Fader and this message is Jack Tunney - Ban the DDT!

#29 Re: To reply#25

2014-07-14 22:24

Thank you! We are still looking forward to watching and meeting the team and parents.

2014-07-20 13:25

I wrestled under Coach Fader at UWLaCrosse. One of the instrumental leaders I have ever met. His guidance and leadership propelled me into a 18 year coaching career at Mauston High School. He taught me integrity, dignity, and leadership. All words I would use to describe Coach Fader. Your loss will be another University's gain. Badgers have a shot at him now. Can Davis. Hire Fader.

2014-07-23 14:38

Is the knee-jerk reaction over?

2014-07-25 17:48

Coach Fader is a GREAT person let alone coach! He cares deeply about the UWW wrestling program, the school, and the kids that wrestle under him. He and the program are being used as a scapgoat and it is plane wrong!

2014-07-27 16:42

My son mad his decision to come to UWW to wrestle based on coaches. He is confident that coach Fader and coach Heillman are the ones to take him to the next level and make him a NATIONAL CHAMPION. He believes in them and now as he prepares for his first college season they are not there. He can't understand the thinking behind the actions. Let a great proven coach go, but hire an unproven coach who has done something wrong. Sends a mixed message to all involved and tells you what sports the athletic department is focused on. Maybe they should be investigated for their hiring practices. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT AND ALL!JMO

2014-07-28 08:13

Tim Fader is a man of integrity,kindness,and decency that those who have worked or wrestled for or with him have been and continue to be deeply touched by.That this nest of vipers (UWW ADMIN)could stand in judgement of this loved and respected icon of college wrestling makes me want to throw up.Tim Fader represents what is good about college athletics.The scapegoating of this wonderful man that so many of the wrestling community love makes me and many others very very angry and sad.However it is a very affecting situation for the Fader Family and at the end of all this they are the ones who are harmed by the actions of of another ego freak head of a state school who should be pumpin gas at kwik trip,not having any power of any sort over one of the great college coaches in any sport to come down the pike in the past 25 years.David Rudrud
Jarod Benrud

#35 Bad Things happen to GOOD PEOPLE!

2014-07-28 17:42

Tim Fader has been a mentor and friend to me, my family, and my team over the past 15 years, He has been an amazing role model and has ALWAYS carried himself with CHARACTER, CLASS, DIGNITY, and RESPECT! EVERY program (that has had the pleasure of having him be a part of it) has tremendously improved and risen to the top. Please don't punish Tim, his family, or the sport of wrestling for something HE DID NOT do. He never lied or tried to cover up anything!
Sincerely,
Jarod Benrud

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-07-28 18:42

2014-07-30 11:56

2014-07-31 15:55

2014-08-01 02:17

2014-08-01 03:28

2014-08-02 07:59

#42 Article about Tim's firing

2014-08-06 13:34

FYI...I just found an article written by a Jay Taft of the Rockford Register Star, that explains what happened with Tim Fader. The title of the article is: "Wrestling Coach seeks answers to dismissal". Please read it. My son is going to be a freshman this year and was looking forward to wrestling under Tim Fader. We were so excited and comfortable with these coaches it made his decision to attend Whitewater easy. Now, without these coaches, we are not so sure.

2014-08-06 14:13

Coach Fader will not be walking down the halls as the coach for the uw-warhawks for the future. Its a horrible situation but if he preaches toughness , being uncomfortable and fighting when it gets tough then lets make it a smooth transtion for the next coach. This forum is nothing but negative recruting material for other coachs

2014-08-06 18:02

To the person that posted Message #36--- Yes people are not “privy” to what goes on behind closed doors.  Due to lack of communication by UW Whitewater we have to use what we have heard from reliable sources. 

Here is what we do know-

An outstanding coach has lost his job;   A man who has been committed for years not only to the sport of wrestling but to athletes, families, UW W and the community.   He has busted his butt to develop these young men into not only outstanding wrestlers but outstanding citizens.  The University on the other hand has proven they are willing to sacrifice a small program to avoid the bigger issues at hand.  Such as recently being named on a list of 55 schools facing a Federal Investigation on how they handle and report sexual assaults.  

Tim Fader was notified of an “alleged sexual assault” that occurred OFF CAMPUS.  He reported the incident to the local police and also took the alleged suspect to the police.  The matter was later dropped due to false allegations.  

2 weeks after the incident was dropped Coach Fader was called into the AD and Chancellor Office and was suspended so the school could conduct an investigation on the recruiting practices due to the incident.   The coaches and the wrestlers were told to not discuss the matter. The school releases a “COMMENT” that led to much speculation on the character of the coaches and wrestlers.   

During the investigation of the wrestling program and Coach Fader -the findings were two “MINOR” infractions.  One dealing with the transportation of a recruit and the other for a coach having a “try-out”.  The transportation occurred when an individual (a wrestling fan brought a “potential recruit” to UWW)- Which the coaches knew nothing about.  The other infraction was due to a coach being in the wrestling room when a “recruit” was wrestling around- “a tryout”.  Anyone that knows wrestlers also know when you put them together they are going to roll around and take each other down where ever they are- especially in a wrestling room.  These are the findings that have led to Coach Fader being fired. 

It is pretty ironic the week before Coach Fader was suspended (and hypocritical) the University announced the hiring of a football coach that had MAJOR NCAA violations associated with his Coaching Career.  According to Royal Purple News  May 7, 2014 article “How could the University hire a coach with pressing violations against him- the answer is simple, really.  He’s a good coach.” To further defend why they would hire someone with major violations is “the incident was blown way out of proportion.” 

Seems like a double standard and way of thinking here.  Or maybe it is due to the low revenue and following wrestling programs typically generate.  Questions one might ask - if this happened with the football coach would the outcome be the same- I am sure we all know the answer to that one.  Or maybe if Coach Fader would of reported the incident to the Chancellor vs the police (BTW the reporting guidelines of sexual assaults at UWW state to contact the local authorities) would he still have his job.  Or would everything have been swept under the rug-- because we know this is the route taken at UWW on sexual assaults. 

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this point.  As a parent of a wrestler I can tell you Coach Fader instilled pride, teamwork, heart and hard work into these young men!!!!  This is what was meant by “DO WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN” WE HAVE TO GET IT DONE, NO MATTER HOW”—there was no misguiding anywhere.  So guest #41 please do not assume this program was doing anything wrong. 

Guest # 39- The new coach that will be hired will be able to walk into a great group of men that have been doing everything right to take a team to a National Level under the direction of their great coaching staff.  These men are currently keeping up with training, community service and dedication to the sport they love.  They will stick together just to spite the actions of the leadership at UW Whitewater.  I just hope the new coach is not treated the way Coach Fader was. 

As a parent I am very glad my son has had a role model like Coach Fader and Heilman.  They do what is morally right.  Maybe others should of done this - and this forum would not even exist. 

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-08-06 18:45

#47 Re:

2014-08-06 21:24

#45: -  

Thank you! Well said! 

2014-08-07 04:36

2014-08-07 17:38

2014-08-07 19:02