KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!.

2014-10-02 01:53

I think the woodbridge theater could use some sprucing-up but please keep it around! We all love it!
Visits grandparents at Woodbridge

2014-10-02 02:27

This Woodbridge area should continue to be zoned for retail. Although, I would say that it sorely needs to be updated and modernized. The businesses in this area are vital and I have frequented most all of the stores including corepower, rubys, b&n, the movie theater, the electric bike company, yamaha, the kids haircuts, the toy store, the candy shop, and mission arts. It is in a vital area along the bike path and I have both driven, biked, and walked to this center. So while it needs a re-do...it does not need to become housing.

#128 Re:

2014-10-02 02:32

#101: -  

Good point about it being an archetypical planned community!  I didn't know that it was designed by William Periera.  Thanks for that tidbit

2014-10-02 02:42

A proposal to turn the WVSC into high density housing is totally unacceptable for a number of reasons. First, the added traffic impact will add serious pressure on our streets, which are already at capacity. Second, our infrastructure, parks, schools, and other amenities of the Woodbridge community would be adversely impacted and would negatively effect our property values, and most importantly, our quality of life. Finally, the City of Irvine needs to stop adding more high density housing in the City and allowing industrial and other commercial zoning to be rezoned to high density residential uses. Our planned community was a model for the rest of the country when it was initially drawn up out in the 70's. The current transformation is inconsistent with this global master plan. Any of us that drive the major streets in Irvine, especially along Jamboree, Alton, and Barranca during peak periods can see that these arterials are jammed with bumper to bumper traffic. Many of us believe that this traffic has been negatively impacted by the rezoning permitted by the City of Irvine along the Jamboree corridor. THE CITIZENS OF IRVINE DEMAND THAT OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS STOP ALLOWING HIGH DENSITY HOUSING IN IRVINE. Respectfully submitted, Frank J. Haffner and Nancy Haffner

#130 Re: Woodbridge Village Center

2014-10-02 02:58

#10: Getwithit - Woodbridge Village Center 

We fully support your comment.  We've lived in Woodbridge since 1982 and have raised our four children, and now three of them live in Woodbridge, along with our six grandchildren.  The Irvine Company has built enough apartments and Mr. Bren is already one of the richest persons in the world.  Enough is enough.  Our elected officials need to stop pandering to Mr. Bren and The Irvine Company and stand up for the people of Irvine.  Yes, we continue to lose our neighbor businesses like El Cholo, Waters, and the Claim Jumper, just to name a few, all because of the Irvine Company's greed and total lack of concern for the people who live in our community.  There is an election coming up on Nov. 4th and we ask all candidates who are running for a council position to stand up and let us know where you stand on this issue so the voters can make their feelings known and counted. 

2014-10-02 03:00

Woodbridge Shopping Center is in the master plan for Irvine. The vehicle bridge over the 405 at Yale was eliminated. I don't want to see any more special interest changes made.

How does our elected body stand on this? Irvine residents need to know.

2014-10-02 03:29

My wife won a competition back in Middle School for naming the frogs at that center, Woody and Bridget (woodbridge).....cant ruin the dream!

2014-10-02 03:31

My name is Katie, I am currently employed at Jitterbugs Toys located within the Woodbridge Center. If the Center shuts down, I will have to search for a new job as well as many other people who have built their careers and businesses located in the Woodbridge Center. I have been coming to the Center ever since I was a toddler and have too many fond memories of spending my time there to see it be destroyed. I just hope that this petition can get enough support so that I can give my children the opportunity to gain fond memories at the Woodbridge Center just like I did.

2014-10-02 03:36

Suzette Krause

2014-10-02 04:51

I moved to Woodbridge from the East coast in 1990. I got my first job in this state there. I have so many wonderful memories of walks around the lake, that 8 years ago I began doing with my own sons in their stroller. What would Woodbridge be without its heart? Ruby' s and Barnes and Noble that kids and families can reach by safely riding on the bike trails...4th of July fireworks. Families, neighbors meeting up and walking their dogs and going to lunch with the beautiful mountains as a backdrop of the north lake bridge. Woodbridge just wouldn't be Woodbridge without it.

2014-10-02 04:53

Stop the development in Irvine !! Keep authenticity and charm of this place ! If we want to leave in a massive city we can move to another place .
In 2 years I have seen so much , tOO much development who bring here more people , more traffic, more pollution less space in our schools and definitely I feel now it's too much ! I don't want to see more houses or construction ! I like irvine , human size and convenient , with no time consuming in traffic , with no stress,. I like my city as a safe place To leave! Going bigger will be a mistake . We won't spend more money in theses tiny houses at 1000000 dollars with out options and no backyard . It's insane ! And won't make any sense , if the quality of life is compromised .
Let a village be a place of our kids memories , a place where the time can stop and we can be in peace . No money worth to spoil kids and family memories ... I think irvine get enough money !with all theses new neighborhood !!!!!!!
I can see more of it !!!!!

2014-10-02 04:54

What the Irvine Co is doing to Irvine is unbelievably sad. I am so glad to be moving to South Carolina in the next couple of weeks. Driving out Denny's on Culver, driving out the Ace Hardware on Alton. Yada, yada, yada. Unfortunately, greed rules the day now in Irvine where once middle class families did. What a shame.

#138 Re:

2014-10-02 05:10

#6: -  

Completely Agree!

2014-10-02 05:15

Homes in Irvine soon will be santa ana just a slum filled dirty city

2014-10-02 06:24

The town center is a great reason why I love irvine. Having an inexpesive movie theatre, a rad book store, rubys, little owned businesses it gives people a place to be able to hang out in a center rather than in alleys and on the streets. I believe that supporting businesses is going to help irvine more than having more housing. Place like the town center attrack people to irvine and help the economy.

2014-10-02 06:30

Worst idea ever!!!!!!

2014-10-02 06:40

Irvine really needs to stop with so many apartments ! The traffic alone is enough of a reason.

2014-10-02 07:12

There's no reason to take this area down when there are many other empty areas in Irvine to use for housing constructions.

2014-10-02 08:45

I have been going to this center for 16 years, many times as a child, teenager and now have also started going there with my own son. Do NOT tear this down.

2014-10-02 13:53

This is ridiculous. Irvine has enough apartments. I grew up going to this center and so are my kids. Please don't read it down.

#146 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:21

#20: -  

Just remember to Vote!

#147 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:22

#144: -  

Just remember to VOTE!!

#148 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:24

#142: -  

Just remember to VOTE!!

#149 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:25

#136: -  

JUST REMEMBER TO VOTE PEOPLE !!!!

#150 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:26

#107: -  

Just remember to VOTE OUT the people in place now that are pushing for this fast uncontrollable unnecessary growth.