KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP THE WOODBRIDGE VILLAGE CENTER, IRVINE!.

#151 Re: Woodbridge

2014-10-02 14:30

#140: -  

SAD BECAUSE ALL THESE APARTMENTS ARE SO OVER POPULATED. THAT OUR KIDS PLAY IN PARKING LOTS AND DODGING CARS AS THEY DRIVE INTO THE COMPLEX. WOW!!!! WHEN ARE THE PEOPLE ON THE BOARD GOING TO GET IT,....OH I'M SORRY THEY LIVE IN NEWPORT COAST AND DON'T HAVE TO HAVE THEIR KIDS PLAY IN A PARKING LOT IN AN OVER CROWED NEIGHBORHOOD AND STREETS.....SHAME SHAME SHAME... 

2014-10-02 14:38

Please keep the Woodbridge Village Center open!! It's a spot in Irvine that is unlike any other - the little shops, the dollar theater, and the great views of the Irvine lake from the restaurants. It's a place where many fun memories were made from growing up in Irvine and it would be a shame if it were lost.

2014-10-02 14:51

Irvine Co is out of control, more apartments?? I feel like this is a joke, how greedy can one company be?

2014-10-02 15:44

Stop building!!!
irvinian

2014-10-02 15:56

Save the Woodbridge center!!!! It's the only place walking distance in Woodbridge where one can have a lot of fun!

Broso74

2014-10-02 16:24

This is so sad. The Irvine Company has taken so much away from Irvine in the past few years. It is so depressing to drive through a parking lot full of blacked out windows where some of your favorite restaurant’s/shops used to be. The Woodbridge center is the heart of Woodbridge and needs to remain right where it is. If this goes thru, I will seriously consider moving out of Irvine.

Does anyone know what will become of El Colo location? I am sure if the Irvine Company has their way it will be another bank!

2014-10-02 16:56

While I moved back to Nor Cal, when I lived in Irvine, I frequented the Woodbridge Village Center. I loved it because it was such a peaceful and beautiful escape.

2014-10-02 17:47

Don't you dare put apartments there!!!!!

2014-10-02 18:24

We have been living in Woodbridge for 28 years and in that time Irvine has grown tremendously. With this impending project, the traffic will become even more horrific; something we definitely don't need in Irvine.

Irvine Company, please leave the Woodbridge Center as it is; we love it as it is!!

2014-10-02 18:44

Stop high-density housing!

2014-10-02 18:45

Though we do not live in Woodbridge, we regularly use this center: theater, Barnes & Noble, Ruby's, Jewelry store... It would be an enormous loss to the entire Woodbridge sense of community, even to those of us who do not live in the direct neighborhood. It is a heart to the village that the typical "shopping centers" cannot duplicate.

2014-10-02 19:32

I loved playing on the frogs when I was a kid. Thinking it won't be there the next time I come home is heart breaking!

2014-10-02 20:09

Steven Choi needs to go !!!!!!!!!

2014-10-02 23:55

The Woodbridge Village Center and University Town Center were cornerstones of my childhood. What a thrill it was to be able to ride my bike safely across town to go to Barnes & Noble, Ruby's, both incarnations of the movie theater, the old frozen yogurt place with the polar bear. Even being forced to do Kumon math lessons meant a milkshake from Ruby's after. I spent plenty of time at the Del Taco in high school.

2014-10-03 00:12

Investing in renovating the out of date shopping center to attract more business seems like a much better idea for the city and its residents. I hope this construction will be reconsidered. 

2014-10-03 01:05

I grew up in the Woodbridge town-center. My family knew the store owner for sticky fingers personally and share countless memories from the oldest (23) to out youngest (14). We rode our bikes there played on the frogs, got some sticky fingers, and went to the dollar theater to watch lord of the rings or the new Star Wars. I even find myself today as an adult wandering there after work or a long day at school relaxing and walking around the lake. Building apartment homes there would completely diminish a core aspect of Woodbridge. It would greatly take away from the real-estate value as well. Families bring their children there for a inexpensive good time, and I know when my mom suffered from breast cancer it was vital for me and my siblings to go and get away from the problems at home. The Woodbridge town-center means so much to me and my family. It would break my heart to see it torn down in the name of another one of many lavish apartment facilities.

2014-10-03 01:28

As a long time Irvine resident, I can't imagine a change like this. I would like to walk with my grandchildren over the bridge from the lake, just as I did with my children. Please leave some traditions for those of us who have been loyal residents.

2014-10-03 02:17

As someone who was raised in Woodbridge the village center has a certain sentimental value to me. I have many fond memories there, including eating at Ruby's, shopping at Barnes & Noble, and as a child playing on the statues of frogs in the center. I have since moved away (Colorado) but that doesn't stop me from visiting every once and a while. It would pain me to find that apartment complexes have replaced a once booming economy. Hell there was even a car wash place that was busy every morning! I really do hope that the Irvine Company sees the 2k+ signatures on this petition and rethinks their position. There I've said my piece...

2014-10-03 02:19

Stop trying to take over Irvine, we love it the way it is! Iconic and friendly :)

2014-10-03 03:27

I'm already close to leaving Irvine in search of some character, and small business owners to support. This is the closest thing we have to a town center that has ANY soul to it. Please don't tear it down. Does the Irvine company know the word, "ENOUGH"?

2014-10-03 03:39

Which is more important to Irvine, the money it makes by turning this beautiful city into a housing track or keeping it the amazing, strong community filled with many generations of Irvine residents. I am only one of thousands that has many childhood memories of the Woodbridge Village Center.

2014-10-03 03:44

Irvine company is disgusting. They take the "American Dream
," out of the hands that work hard and want a wonderful life for their family. All they care about is how much new money they can make off of you. If you've had a long relationship with the irvine company... You know loyalty means absolutely nothing. I've lived in Irvine for 23 years and I am done supporting them until they learn to hVe some character and integrity.

2014-10-03 05:28

The center needs to stay.

2014-10-03 06:12

Ive grown at woodbridge and it would be a horrible mistake if they took it down. Woodbridge is already pretty populated and the center is where kids can go to hang out after school, to eat and is part of the community. Everyone loves the center especially kids who go there and people who watch movies. I always see tons of families eating at rubys or going out to movies at night and it they take it away. Then woodbridge will have nothing to do, no where to go for fun, and will become more populated. I have so many memories at the center and i still go there alot.

2014-10-03 07:00

I love this place. A lot of memories from when I was a kid. We don't need more new buildings. I still go there today.