say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

#526 Re: Re:

2015-01-08 01:04

#524: - Re:  

In Annex A point 4 of the document, it states "non-worship uses such as columbaria, childcare, eldercare centres, will not be encouraged within this development.".

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-08 06:36

2015-01-08 06:36

HDB and URA should now do the right thing by removing the columbarium facility. Quite disappointed with them. It's obvious that some admin lapses have occurred. They should win the crowds by acknowledge it and rectify the problem ASAP. What is a few millions losses compared to winning the trust and support of Singaporeans especially when the General Election is coming soon. The sum is pretty simple unless the Government thinks that SK is dispensable when compared with millions of revenue. Remember! Trust needs to be built, a nation needs to trust their leaders to do the right things! This columbarium thingy is exactly the thing they really need to help the residents else it will be a hot topic during the coming GE!

2015-01-08 06:47

#530 Re: Re:

2015-01-08 07:34

#529: - Re:  

The green light given by URA and HDB only elucidates that they are ignoring the problem rather than to face it bravely and reconsider their decision amid the concerns raised by residents. Good try but failed! Residents are now IT savvy and highly educated who know how to voice out when things seriously get wrong. URA and HDB are opening a can of worms, now people are worry of fine prints and sales of  flats will definitely slow down cos need more time to do research and get assurance from the authorities even though I heard it actually pointless. I believe this case is an isolated one. Can't be so silly to build one at that plot of land. I surveyed the place, small roads.... it is going to be messy with tons of car and people during Qin Min. Definitely people will park illegally along the side of the road and choke the nearby roads...can dun let us become the laughing stock of others? We chose this area cos of the ammeities, tranquility and greenry...now what? Chinese after all being Chinese, there are some taboos in lives we should be sensitive with, the authorities should jolly well know that. It is really not an ideal location to set up a columbrium there. Now I dun even know whether to invite friends and relatives for house warming as some might be pang tang especially the elderly ones. Another issue is, who is going to give us a black and white to say no funeral services etc.... Now is NATO- No Action Talk Only... Someone needs to assure us this else really meaningless. This is truely a poor planning of land use and SK happens to be the "sacrifice lamb". Sighs....by the way, I am a home owner of the nearby EC. My happiness of G50 has really descended to the lowest point having to picture me and my wife evading the crowds and illegally parked vehicles when we want to take a walk to nearby ammeities.

2015-01-08 07:42

#532 Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-08 07:44

#530: - Re: Re:  

We are already a laughing stock by being NATO isnt it?. Where are all the suppkrt when all is talk only?

#533 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2015-01-08 07:54

#532: - Re: Re: Re:  

I believe definitely this problem can resolve if all parties sit down and discuss the issues amicably. The developer should know that with so many protests against the "temple business", not a wise way to start a business there. Should the project proceeds, the developer can expect numerous visits by authorities should it adversely affect the living condition of the "alive" with noise, air pollution etc. the nearby residents are going to scrutinize the place with least tolerance and won't hesitate to make calls to report unwanted occurances.  Nobody wants that right? Lose lose situation. 

2015-01-08 08:42

2015-01-08 09:12

Y not Cloud funding and let us ourselve built our own temple ! if ah beng ah kow company not related to regilions can built it, y not the us ! 

Richard

#536 No columbarium & NO private companies bidding for land reserved for religious purposes

2015-01-08 09:24

No private companies must be allowed to bid for land that are zoned for religious purposes!

#537 Re: No columbarium & NO private companies bidding for land reserved for religious purposes

2015-01-08 10:03

#536: Richard - No columbarium & NO private companies bidding for land reserved for religious purposes 

Hey richard. You heard it from where. It will be a good chance to takw them to civil court if there is really suvh a written clause. Please advise. Or is it you anyhow come out with the rule? Pls dont post rubbish of it is not true and built on the misery and mockery

2015-01-08 13:35

I say no to the columbarium!

Choose a nickname

#539 Subject

2015-01-08 15:59

that dr lam is a useless bugger one....he forgot we pay his salary...

2015-01-08 23:59

How come other Ministers are not responding to the incident? Their views are important cos of the possible lapses. Dr Lam also pity to take the heat all alone though I also thought he should represent the residents more actively and fight for us. Really hope his bosses will come out and say something to end this matter, remaining silent is not helping at all. SG 50 is supposed to be joyous year for us, for Singaporeans who truly want to build their nests in a quiet and new estate which turn out to be otherwise.... Sighs! Those staying directly opposite with their living room facing the columbrium are the most pitiful ones. Especially the elderly, how are they going to feel about watching their next stage in life everyday? Really insensitive to build one there... 

tencaged in Aussieland

#541 Re: Demand a by-election for Sengkang West

2015-01-09 01:14

#423: Guest - Demand a by-election for Sengkang West 

Are you guys stupid or what? By-election? Check the Consitution of Republic of Singapore first to see under what circumstances can a by-election be called before spewing nonsense.

I am in solidarity with the affected fellow countrymen in Fernvale Lea, but you need to do the right things.

In my opinion, the only issue you should be harping on is LACK OF FULL DISCLOSURE on the part of HDB/URA. Your issue has been hijacked by PAP and the state-controlled media which have morphed it to become a "Not-In-My-Back-Yard Selfish Singaporeans" issue. Take control of the issue and steer it back to "LACK OF FULL DISCLOSURE" even though other issues are of concern.

Stay focused. You need to take extreme action instead of waiting for PAP govt to "listen to you" or "become better" or "call a by-election". Bring it to the court if you are serious about it. Otherwise, I say good luck.

#542 Re: Re: Demand a by-election for Sengkang West

2015-01-09 06:19

#541: tencaged in Aussieland - Re: Demand a by-election for Sengkang West 

very true. Dont see why need to ask for by election.

#543 Re: Re: Re: Demand a by-election for Sengkang West

2015-01-09 08:36

#542: - Re: Re: Demand a by-election for Sengkang West 

I can understand people are angry but we need to stay focussed. PAP isn't going to give a by-election just because it's ethical that they get a new mandate for going ahead with the columbarium. Never trust the PAP to play fair. I agree, let's take it to the court for now and vote them out later on when the general election comes. 

2015-01-09 09:24

#545 Stop such practise

2015-01-09 17:26

if we don't stop this, more will spread

2015-01-09 22:59

I sense that we are gaining momentum. The PAP will give in to us sooner or later. If they don't give in, the political cost will be immense 

2015-01-10 00:39

2015-01-11 02:46

Even simply minutes away from the columbarium in the neighbourhood is an issue not to mention Fernvale Lea. What we refer to is not a simple case of amenities such as childcare or nursing home. This is a sensitive issue, a columbarium we are talking about. Yes we are being NIMBY as the BTO flats are going to be some place we call HOME. Call us vocal minorities then does it justify that minorities should not be heard? We are not simply asking for remedy but halting the plan for it.

2015-01-11 05:36

Dr Lam mentioned there was 1 other case whereby a for profit co tendered and won bid for religious site. He didnt say which site. Does anyone know where the site is? Some say it is the joint tender with a temple for a temple/ funeral parlour in an industrial estate. Can anyone confirm this?

#550 Re:

2015-01-11 05:58

#548: -  

So what is the next step after the petition? Asking for by election serves no point and refund will only make the matter worse.  Need to focus on the issue which is to remove the columbrium service. Write in to PM for help? If he is willing to relook into the matter, there still could be some hope.