say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

#551 Re: Re:

2015-01-11 06:55

#550: - Re:  

And if you fail to get that removed, at least get assurance from authorities or pm that life corp cannot bring funeral svcs like embalming , crematorium and funeral parlour to the site next to it. It is reserved for community & civic institutions which allow for funeral parlour and clan association. Lifecorp can easily set up another co n bid for that site. Hard for childcare or other c and c i to compete against them and history will repeat itself.That is why residents are fearful n unable to trust hdb now. 

2015-01-11 09:47

May I know any status yet? Waiting for our minister to reply? 

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2015-01-11 13:40

#554 Re: Re:

2015-01-11 14:38

#553: - Re:  

So what are your suggestions? 

2015-01-11 16:07

2015-01-11 16:24

I think there already written a open letter to the minister , let's wait for a good news.if there a columbarium just beside your block will u still bring your kids to the playground ?

2015-01-12 09:56

Religion should not be Commercialized and any amenities or development in the housing estate should benefit the community and those who live there. Life Corp is in the business of Premium Funeral Service and the charges for the niche is far too expensive and I don't think anyone living in that housing estate will benefit from such Premium Pricing. So, No to Columbarium.

2015-01-12 15:34

Radio silence from the authorities over the past few days. Are people here being ignored? 

2015-01-12 23:42

saw the channel 8 news last night and the so called two "guest" well, to me they are just sucking up to the government and how dare they comment about "value of flats" when we did not even bring that up during the talk? Guess they have no other excuses except to keep hitting at a point that was not the main issues at all.  Sad for these people who sell their souls for a penny! Well, the heaven is looking at what we do, let all wait for the day and we will see what they will reap for what they have done!

2015-01-13 02:50

Anonymous

#561 Re: Re:

2015-01-13 03:45

#560: - Re:  

Open your eyes now and ears. else shut up. are you blind or deaf? did you even go and listen to the recording and read what have been posted?  When is there a mentioned about resale value during the talk?  All are make up by the government media, so I guess you are one of them too! Idiot!

Against Columbarium

#562 Re: Unfair Channel 8 report

2015-01-13 03:49

#559: -  

This is the response from the FB site A Visit to MP - Against Columbarium

facebook.com/columbariumisabadidea

It is regrettable that Channel 8 has put up a TOTALLY SLANTED program (at 6.30pm, 12 Jan 2015) in an attempt to SMEAR us again. None of the interviewees in the program could represent us at all.

Despite of the fact that we have put up our public statement and letter to Minister for National Development, Mr. Khaw Boon Wan, Channel 8 deems fit to continue with such unfair and vicious attempt to paint us black. Despite of our letter stating very clearly on our objections to HDB's attempt to corporatize religion and for commercial company to make money out of religion, Channel 8 continues to focus on the totally irrelevant point of view on "resale value"! Despite of the fact that the WHOLE Singapore is discussing on this important point on "corporatizing" religion and in fact, such questions were first raised by us during the first dialogue session held with MP Lam, Channel 8 continues to ignore such important public discourse.

We are absolutely saddened by such irresponsible slanted reporting by Channel 8 and some of us are beginning to lose faith in the whole system.

2015-01-13 03:56

as posted by those idiots from the pro-gov side they are trying very hard to paint us as the bad guys who are after the resale value of our flats whereby we did not and never have this point cross our mind during the dialogue.  What can you says about idiots? Well they are idiots as idiots goes.  You know the Animals Farm story? Those are the sheeps who can only "sing" what their master want them to sing....two legs bad, four legs good.......and when the tide changes, the master asked them to sing.....two legs good, four legs better!.....so here you have them, those animals (I will not even called them human (because human have soul and those do not have!)).

2015-01-13 07:13

They don't understand coz they r not the one applying that area.. So they will just talk rubbish. Actually the facts they don't know what was clearly stated in.

2015-01-13 07:19

I can say 9 out of 10 appear in TV, 9 of them will not speak for us.Only one speak for us is the resident staying just beside the Colunbarium 

2015-01-13 08:35

#567 Re: Re: Unfair Channel 8 report

2015-01-13 08:36

#562: Against Columbarium - Re: Unfair Channel 8 report 

Already no faith or fernvale lea

Choose a nickname

#568 Subject

2015-01-13 11:40

hope singaporeans will wisen up someday. It is very depressing that as a nation we have high literacy yet we often get blinded by our media and do not question deep enough.

2015-01-13 15:10

MP Lam on his FB page has said he submitted a summary of dialogue session for review by URA and HDB. Great! That's like a minutes of meeting....everybody should get a copy yah?

2015-01-14 09:39

There r plenty of space in lim chu kang and mandai tats morr suitable to build columbarium. Why build it in Sengkang n so near to HDB flats? Pls reconsider the location n move the columbarium to a more suitable place pls.

2015-01-14 13:14

Even within nearby area, tthere's plenty of space. Won't they consider relocating next to the army camp? It's serene and all men are too men to be afraid right? 

Hope

2015-01-14 13:48

eh i still think buyers are misled, imagine if u r EC builder, and u know next to your plot gonna have a high end shopping mall housing only branded stuff like LV or Gucci, will you put it in fine print or paste big headlines?

fine print says temple so many people didn't know. Now someone bring it up and then realise it is columbarium wor..

temple not equals to columbarium...not all temple is a columbarium

Agree?

2015-01-15 14:45

If they insist to build even with current religions opposing, perhaps means that signal is money is really above all. 

If government is really pro family, hope they at least take into account the living condition requirements.

2015-01-15 15:02

No columbarium 

#575 Re:

2015-01-17 02:23

#558: -  

Still no response from PM. Dun understand why PM remain silent on this matter that concerns his voters. G50 is a sad year for SK residents! Unless the authorities do something do rectify it. I am kind of fed up when people make fun of the columbrium thingy like" Wah, your new house quite nice design and near columbrium.. Hahaha!.... Can be your landmark when taxi driver lost his way in SK...... Feeling very low and unhappy recently especially when I thought of the excitement and joy after buying the unit here, I felt disappointed with my decision to move to SK despite many people told me not too. Thought is a good place to stay but turn out to be.....:(. Really lose my faith with HDB and URA...no trust anymore. PM says that it is a dangerous move to vote for opposition parties, but for us, voters of PAP for many years, what do we get in return? We did our part to vote for PAP, now what? Trust and respect are things that the authorities should return us NOW!