Off-leash dog parks SLC

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Off-leash dog parks SLC.

2015-02-23 02:17

Would be nice

2015-02-23 20:33

Please help Salt Lake City and surrounding suburbs become as dog friendly as most cities around the U.S.

2015-02-24 02:39

I love dogs and feel strongly that we should have more off-leash dog parks so our furry friends can run around without being tethered.

2015-02-25 18:57

We need more space to play with our dogs! There are limited trails to even take them out, and we can't even take them off leash some places- meaning they are held back from really getting out in nature and enjoying what the outdoors has to offer!

#55 DOGS NEED THIS!

2015-02-25 18:58

Dogs need exercise and playtime outside to stay sane. They need trails and space to run around OFF leash!

2015-02-26 19:42

I totally support this petition.

2015-02-27 23:04

I believe the Dimple Dell park would make an awesome on/off day horse, dog, bike,and hike area that far more people would benefit from. Including Horse owners that would like to take their pups with them. If you were to structure it the same way as Millcreek I believe it would not only work great but open the park to so many more individuals and their animals.

#58 Re:

2015-02-27 23:17

#11: -  

I agree! if there was a small fee when you lisenced your dog it would create a pool of money to support more open space for our animals. Also a Healthy Animal means a far more healthy community. one that goes for a walk everyday. I believe it could be similar to putting the E bikes in downtown but even more popular!!! Can we find a way to clean our water sources that dogs can play in them? I would LOVE to help fund that one!!!!

2015-03-04 19:24

needed and necessary

2015-03-05 20:22

Creating new off-leash dog parks within the Salt Lake Valley benefits everyone: 1) Dogs get exercise and socialize which promotes better interactions with other dogs and humans; 2) Humans can be healthier as they get out with their dogs; 3) Those who don't like to see dogs in their current recreational areas may have the numbers decrease.

I frequent Parley's Nature Trail (dog Park near Tanner Park) and it has been a true joy and I think a bright spot of the Salt Lake County area...but with the changes made it is less ideal and no longer an example of what a dog park should be. I also take my dog up Mill Creek canyon. The neighborhoods we live in would benefit and I believe should provide an area for dogs to play and socialize.

I am not opposed to an annual fee to help with maintenance. I would also participate in monthly clean up efforts.

Regards,
Karen Jacobson

2015-03-05 20:26

SLC should definitely be more dog friendly.

2015-03-05 22:09

We need an off leash dog park in Draper. Our dogs need a place to play, socialize with other dogs and get exercise!

2015-03-06 15:13

I support more off leash areas.

2015-03-09 20:03

I completely agree on the fact that the lack of off leash dog parks does not align with the dog loving population that is Salt Lake City.
rosemary

#65 Dog park

2015-03-10 04:44

I live in Slc and travel to Houston Tx on a regular basis usually staying several moths at a time and I bring my yello lab with me.Surprisingly Houston has some fabulous dog parks with man made swimming pools, jogging paths .They have a small and large dog separated area.If Houston can do it so can Slc.Long overdue.Thanks for intiating this.

2015-03-10 13:30

We love our dogs and would love to have a place for them to run free and be able to play with them!
Erika

#67 dogs park

2015-03-12 02:01

I think we should have a off leash park located somewhere in Cottonwood Heights! Please!!! Our dogs need someplace to socialize, meet and play with other dogs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Dog Owner in Cottonwood Hgts

#68 ACTION IS NEEDED BY ALL DOG OWNERS !

2015-03-12 20:13

In order to make things happen, and get more Off-Leash Dog Parks and areas for our dogs to be legit and run free - it will require ALL DOG OWNERS to GET ACTIVE.  WE need to get the word out - We need Volunteers to pass out flyers;  We need to contact as many dog owners and residents in each neighborhood;  We need more than just pleas for HELP. GET INVOLVED !  No one is going to HELP unless we make it happen by doing the work needed to realize this goal of More Off-Leash Dog Parks in SLC and surrounding cities of Cottonwood Hgts,  Murray, Draper etc. !

Dog Owner in SLC

#69 AS TAXPAYERS, WE HAVE A SAY !

2015-03-12 20:18

AS TAXPAYERS, WE HAVE A SAY in what should be proposed in our communities - WE NEED to be VOCAL about what is needed to our city officials.  WE PAY mega $$ towards taxes and DOG OWNERS should be represented.  With over 40%  of residents owning dogs we need to speak out and express our concern and frustration on the LACK of anything being done to address and solve this problem -  The lack of legitimate Off-Leash Dog Parks in all local cities in SL valley! SPEAK OUT!

Griz

#70 Re:

2015-03-12 23:00

#36: -  

Their plan is to "improve" these access points.  Given what they have done so far that hardly inspires confidence.  What they definitely plan is many more fences, many more restrictions

#71 Tooele

2015-03-15 20:46

Tooele's population is quickly growing and we could definitely use a dog park. Many dogs in Tooele are not properly socialized and some have been euthanized because they are labeled "potentially dangerous" if they bite another dog due to lack of socialization. Please let me know if you can include Tooele as that would be sooo wonderful! Thank you! 

Linda Gregersen
The author of this petition

#72 Re: Tooele

2015-03-15 23:28

#71: Guest - Tooele 

It would be great to get this going in Tooele, too.  We are focusing on these areas in Salt Lake right now, but I would highly suggest starting a petition for Tooele.  You can use this same site, www.petitions24.com, and spread it around to as many people as you can.  Contact your mayor and set up a meeting to discuss off-leash options.  Rally with other Tooele residents who want this and make your voices heard!  Good luck!

2015-03-16 16:01

They've ruined Tanner Park!!!

#74 Re:

2015-03-20 14:54

#25: -  

I agree dog owners need to be responsible. Off leash dogs must be under vocal command on threat of citation. This would allow all well trained dogs to run and play and non dog lovers equal access and enjoyment of all parks. Also stimulate dog owners who want off leash access to sign up for and complete dog obedience training. A trained dog is a loved dog!

2015-03-20 17:18

It makes good sense