Save Ewell Village & The Playing Fields - The Campaign Continues

Who's getting the backhander?

#101 Re: BEWARE JUDGING BASED ON HALF THE TRUTH

2015-11-06 11:03

#83: MP - BEWARE JUDGING BASED ON HALF THE TRUTH 

Oh, and why did the local councillor for this ward not stand up for his residents to back opposition to this massive and unnecessary nursing home development on a greenfield space?  Surprise surprise, because he's married to an employee of the developer!  The whole thing stinks and local residents are well aware of the background and the politics thank you.  Don't ruin a beautiful village, and take away a 'lung' of breathing space from its heart, when a nursing home could be built on a brownfield site elsewhere in this or a neighbouring borough.  The council's own planning guidelines restricting building on green spaces have been conveniently altered in order to 'grease' this development through. It is a disgrace. 

Who's Getting The Backhander?

#102 Re: Re:

2015-11-06 11:26

#75: - Re:  

No, it reduces the number of playable pitches from 4 to 1, replacing grass with a plastic all-weather surface, and smacks a big ugly unnecessary nursing home with all its associated traffic and tarmac, in the middle of a beautiful green field in a lovely village.  The locality is desperately short of football pitches, this development does NOT aid sporting facilities, it decimates them.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2015-11-06 21:08

2015-11-09 16:01

Because my son uses the playing fields

2015-12-06 16:20

I deplore the loss of grass playing fields and any building upon land which verges upon the Hogsmill Conservation Area. I don't have any confidence in the plan proposed by Abbeyfield or Salesians College who have been far from economical with the truth in the past. This current plan hardly differs from the last one which was rejected. The cricket pitch they say will be on the ground won't be fit for adult cricket and football pitches will be lost no matter how the developers try to spin it. The only people to benefit will be the hockey players at ESC. It is an oasis of calm with an abundance of wildlife which will be destroyed if the planning application is given permission to go ahead.

2015-12-15 12:00

I am signing this petition as I went to school at Salesian College in Battersea and played football and cricket at Old Schools Lane.I then went on to play football for Old Salesians for about 25 years.I would like to see this area used for football cricket and other sports by the local schools and various sports clubs in the community.

2015-12-15 22:51

This faciliy has played a huge part in my family's life over several decades and has had a similar impact on a whole community of sportsmen and women and their families.As such it contributes significantly to people's health and well being and will have a detrimental effect beyond measure. I would therefore strongly urge relevant bodies to take heed of the local communitie's pleas, and retain this precious resource in order to serve the recreational needs of future generations.

2015-12-21 10:38

I live in the Tilsmore Area in Heathfield and Abbeyfield want to build a care home at the rear of where we live. They have been turned down by the Council, they went to Appeal and their Appeal dismissed. However they are now looking at new plans. I hope my signature helps you.

2016-02-01 22:24

There are very few green spaces and sports facilities in this borough especially as a lot of schools have sold theirs off. It is vital we keep these sports grounds.

2016-02-01 22:40

Both myself and my son used these pitches for both cricket and football in fact it was my sons home ground. Such a shame if they get rid of some of the pitches. Aren't there other sites for a nursing home to be built.

2016-11-15 15:35

I am an ex Salesian pupil and used the playing fields throughout my school life. They are a valued resource and school sports are important