Save Ewell Village & The Playing Fields - The Campaign Continues

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Ewell Village & The Playing Fields - The Campaign Continues.

2015-10-06 19:27

I think it is absolutely diabolical that these fields could be built on. As one of thousands of unhappy locals I think that this plan should be absolutely abolished.

2015-10-06 23:22

To support local people to play sport as they have done for decades!

2015-10-07 07:10

This playing field has been laying fallow for well over a year and it is disgraceful that our schools cannot play sports locally. I thought we as a country were trying to reduce obesity not encourage it!

2015-10-07 07:26

Because I think all green space that is available for recreation should be preserved for future generations not squandered for current needs. There is plenty of brown field sites that can be developed with some effort and imagination.

2015-10-07 08:25

I am an FA Registered referee and have officiated for Old Salesians many times over the last 28 years. They have provided sport and recreation for hundreds of young (and not so young) players over the years. They have respect for there nearby neighbours and have encouraged good links with local schools and other organisations. I object to the planning as it would reduce the number of pitches at a time when government and health officials are encouraging more participation in sport.

2015-10-07 08:32

I think its a silly idea to get rid of a playing field which has so much history but also so much potential.
Not did it only help myself progress to the level im at now but it also provided many people with endless fun and an alternative to various other activities.
I honestly feel keeping the playing fields will be the best thing to happen not only to the club and everybody involved but also people who live in the area

2015-10-07 08:37

More houses / apartments are also being developed on the old Bytes Technology site opposite Fennells Mead (St Clement's school). This area is already prone to extreme traffic (often dangerous due to narrow roads and poor crossing points). More homes / traffic in this area would cripple current residents.

2015-10-07 08:48

By way of showing my support to a personal friend and more importantly because every community needs such facilities..

2015-10-07 09:16

The proposed development could not be more inappropriate on this site as it is an integral part of the essential chararcter of Ewell village within the conservation area. It is vital that the playing fields are preservrd in perpetuity for the benefit of young people, schools and the community

2015-10-07 10:31

Scarce sports facilities
New care home planning for Nescot
Poor quality management at Abbeyfield Nonsuch
Present traffic problems greatly increased
Planning consent already turned down
New development endangering water table and blighting neighbourhood

2015-10-07 10:33

Having enjoyed the facilities whilst playing against Old Salesians FC over many years and, since hanging up my boots watching my own Club playing there, the loss of the facilities would see a great community based Club struggle to continue.

2015-10-07 10:44

Sport has been enjoyed for more than 80 years and heightened village life. Facilities are woefully short at present and against Borough policy to reduce.
The original planning dismissal ,totally correct , must be fully upheld.

2015-10-07 11:02

I oppose the application on the grounds that the area is a registered strategic open space and the proposals reduce the current number of 4 grass pitches to just one.

2015-10-07 11:30

Because I don't want ANY cricket grounds to be built on anywhere.

2015-10-07 12:20

Valuable open space needs to beavailable to local schools and the pulic not built on

2015-10-07 12:38

I have no interest in sporting activities, but I do support the protection of local sports facilities, particularly for children. I also strongly oppose the loss of open air spaces, gardens and greenery in this area, which necessarily will lead to changes in the character and appeal of Ewell. I
Sosp

2015-10-07 13:25

I would hate to see this lovely green space disappear forever. This is the type of space that should be a continuing legacy for the children and sports clubs in this area. Developers cannot just keep building and building and building on natures own forever. It's time that someone of importance out there sees this as an action of taking, not providing/giving. Building on green field sites is an easy option, as a previous person stated, build on brown field sites instead.  Take the time to look into the real effects this will have,  short term and long term if you even care!! 

2015-10-07 13:39

I am passionate about nature, green spaces and local areas of interest for children and adults. Ewell is a lovely village and this just will not do!

2015-10-07 13:46

It is a wonderful sports ground and I have played cricket there many times.

2015-10-07 14:13

I have enjoyed the huge benefit that these playing fields provide and I want to know that others will have access to these fantastic facilities in years to come.
Playing fields are hallowed ground and should be preserved as such.
They are the very foundation of the United Kingdom and have been the breeding ground for some of the greatest Brits who ever strode this earth.
They also provide the very basis for developing and maintaining excellent mental, physical and spiritual health.
I believe in this cause with a passion.

2015-10-07 14:19

This facility should be for the many that have used and supported the facility in a variety of sports in the past , not a far more compromised facility supporting a couple of sports nor for selling off for property and profit.

2015-10-07 14:54

another open space being built on, sports facilities in the borough gradually being eroded

2015-10-07 15:44

Open spaces in densely populated areas are a valuable amenity providing recreational facilities for all to enjoy. It is deplorable to think that the playing fields in Ewell could be re-developed for more housing which would put a strain on local services, cause traffic problems in an already congested area, as well having a detrimental environmental impact.

2015-10-07 16:03

These playing fields have been used for many years giving much pleasure and healthy exercise to a wide range and age of cricket enthusiasts. It is ever more important to provide both those in the early stages of this very English sport and those coming towards retirement from the sport the facilities to share their experiences and enjoy health, fun and friendships.
Sometimes life, health and companionship are worth more than stuffing the coffers!

2015-10-07 16:14

I think the playing fields should be used as a sports centre for schools etc as has been the case for about 85 years. The village needs this open space