Fisherhaven Horses

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Fisherhaven Horses.

2016-03-29 16:33

The horses are the soul of Fisherhaven! Having lived there for 35 years myself I cannot express the joy I feel everytime i see them. I have countless friends that have come to Fisherhaven simply to see the horses so to get rid of them would be to remove our strongest tourist attraction. Makes no sense what so ever.
Dominique

#127 Re: Are you sure you are seeing the bigger picture

2016-03-29 16:48

#100: Born Free Horses - Are you sure you are seeing the bigger picture 

Then they should be provided for by us and the municipality. We should work around them not remove them. You wouldnt remove the penguins from Boulders because they are "a menace" to the residents. They drive slow, have signs and the residents work and live around the penguins. We are so lucky to have something like this so dont be so quick to see them go. 

2016-03-30 06:50

HVING SPENT MANY YEARS HOLIDAYING IN fISHERHAVEN AND STILL VISIT THERE WE HAVE SEEN THE HORSES AND THEY ARE NOT A THREAT. LEAVE THEM BE AND ENJOY SEEING AND WATCHING THEM. THEY WERE ORIGINALLY HORSES FROM KLEINMOND AND THOSE HORSES HAVE BEEN THERE FOR YEARS. LEAVE THEM THEY ARE HARMLESS AND BRING JOY. PLEASE RECONSIDER THIS HORRIBLE ACTION THAT IS ONLY WANTED BY A HAND FULL OF PEOPLE.

2016-03-31 11:06

I was born in Cape Town and have been going to Fisherhaven since 1971 - back then it was called Lake Marina. I learnt to horse ride there on a pony called Honey and regularly used to gallop up to the sand bank to see the wild horses. These horses are ingrained in the very fabric of this area in South Africa and should be protected not evicted. Shame on you whoever you are for even suggesting that you have more rights than these wild creatures. Is nothing sacred anymore?

2016-04-06 11:05

Because I am an animal lover!!

2016-04-06 14:03

I'm a horse lover and it is nice to see these beautiful creatures roam our streets. Every night at about 9-10pm they come to our house to graze. Our dogs alert us when they are here and we'll go out and interact with them. Even our youngest dogs has found a fashionation with Midnight. They will greet each other by rubbing there heads against each others. It's a beautiful sight to see. So whoever has this problem with these beautiful creaters roaming our streets and no threat to anyone why don't you remove yourself and leave this area. Relocate it will be much appreciated. The horses was here long before you where here. Back in the day there was like only a few houses and all the streets was gravel and our whole family will come to Fisherhaven to camp (campsite not here anymore) from Paardenkloof. Tractor and trailer packed for the holidays. Back then the horses used to come into the campsite and graze amongst the campers. It was awesome. I will back this petition 150%..when are we marching to the majors office?

2016-04-07 16:02

I know these horses and they are in great condition and have been living in this are for years. They bring a special joy to Fisherhaven and its residents.

2016-05-12 20:03

To save the horses, and that they can live as they are (FREE) for many years to come. The horses are awesome, they are God's creation to live free, and that we can enjoy their beauty as they are in NATURE.

2016-05-14 08:37

Because these horses are unique to the area and important to the ecology. Their hoves have even adapted to the region. I used to see wild horses in the marshes there over 50 years ago when I lived in the area, they are also no harm or cost to anyone!

2016-05-15 20:18

These horses need to be protected as they have been living in the area for decades. Mankind has destroyed most of natures natural habitats and it's occupants and that which remains should be protected at all costs.

2016-05-16 18:02

safeguard the wild horses

2016-05-16 18:15

I feel strongly that the horses should remain where they are

2016-05-16 18:19

Why did you sign this petition?the horses doesn't bother anyone. We love having them around in fisherhaven

2016-05-16 21:41

I have seen the horses in Fisherhaven and Rooisand and they are beautiful

2016-05-17 04:33

Just humans wanting to take these horses away from their home. They have always been there

2016-05-17 18:37

i discovered fisherhaven looking for these horses. we go back regularly now, it wouldn't be the same without them. they embody the wild peacefulness and beauty of this area.

2016-05-19 12:53

I was born in the area and have very fond memories of watching the horses play at meer en see as a child

2016-05-30 10:46

Please leave our horses as is and for that matter stop the artificial opening of the lake

2016-06-20 09:27

Having lived in the area for many years and representing our n.g.o. on the localOnrust Conservancy For eight of these I believe the horses should remain.

2016-07-13 07:31

We've done enough harm and THERE IS NOT PLANET B.
The horses are happy and thriving and should be left thus.

2016-07-16 17:28

I lived in Fisherhaven for many years and when leaving there to come back to the UK, the wild horses were one of the things I sorely missed the most.

2016-07-16 19:30

PLEASE Leave them wild horses in their natural habitat

2016-07-20 10:08

Through the ages horses have done so much for us. Out of respect and gratitude we should allow this small herd just to be horses and roam in their in own environment. We should do what we can to make this as safe for them as possible. They should be treated as wild life and valued as such. We are lucky to have them.

2016-08-08 12:25

The Wild Horses are a unique feature of Fisherhaven village. Their presence can draw tourists to the village. They have been here for years now and co-exist quite happily and peacefully with villagers. Why change this???

2016-08-14 05:12

The horses is part of our enviroment and wild roaming horses. For us who stay here ,they are a pleasure to watch. If we want tamed horses that must be fed by people,we would have moved to horse stables. Let them be please,we love them as wild roaming horses. They do no harm to people,so lets not harm them by feeding them.