SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK.

2016-02-10 04:56

We need diverse activity centers for the community
South Jordan Equestrian Center benefits the horse owner community as well as hosting non-equine events.

2016-02-10 04:56

we spend lots of money coming to barrel racing events several times a year, which benefits area businesses

2016-02-10 05:26

This site is the only place some people have to go ride. And for some this is the only place they can board their horses. Getting rid of this facility would effectively DESTROY a way of life for so many of us. Why not shut down some soccer fields? Oh, because people need them to play soccer? Well, we need our equestrian park in order to maintain our horse lifestyle. Closing this equestrian park would kill our way of life for SO many of us. Please don't kill a dream I have held dear to my heart for my whole life. I don't have any other arenas in which to ride. And one day I hope to be able to teach my kids to ride too, this will never happen if there is nowhere for horses to be ridden in this ever developing world. Save the equestrian park. Host events. Think of the people.

2016-02-10 05:28

I have horses and love for them and their owners to have opportunities for riding enhancement.

2016-02-10 05:29

We own JC Ranch, are members of UHJA

2016-02-10 05:47

We need to keep this place

2016-02-10 05:56

The Equestrian Center is a huge part of my life and it is very important to me that we keep it as a running equestrian events center. We are limited in space now to ride, this would only limit our options further. We will have to soon leave Salt Lake Valley to find a place to ride and many of us can not afford to board at expensive private facilities.

2016-02-10 08:28

My family and extended family spent summers there with barrel races and riding club events and winters there with chariot races for my entire childhood into adulthood. Lots of fond memories.

2016-02-10 13:30

My granddaughter loves horses and she's used this park several times for horse shows.

2016-02-10 13:59

Great facility. Needed for horse community in western US.

2016-02-10 15:23

My family and I use this facility 3-4 times a week. Due to the increasing lack of places to ride we are so lucky to have the option of the equestrian park. However, the stalls leak (at least in barn C) and the road paths to get to the barns are so muddy in the wet seasons that my vehicle has a hard time getting over to my horses barn. I would like to see road improvements to each barn to control the water run off avoiding the large amount of mud. Thank you for listening.

2016-02-10 15:38

The cost to tear down the park alone would be ASTRONOMICAL. Then you want to develop something new? How do you recoup those tax dollars? Over the last ten years three generations of our family have spent a good portion of our time enjoying the SJEP in horse related activities. It is an asset to Salt Lake County and brings in revenue for the businesses in the area: hotels, restaurants, shopping, and more. The Utah Paint Horse Club hosts the nations largest APHA show with over 1,100 entries. If you want to run the Park more efficiently, get people in management who know what they are doing. There are a lot of horse people out there who would support that.

2016-02-10 15:49

I signed this petition to uphold a legacy for my kids. My family has a long, long history with the loral brown track and equestrian center. My grandpa was a dedicated horseman and would toss in his grave to see that this establishment was looking at closing its doors. I want my kids to be able to have the joys of the equastrian park, just as I did.

2016-02-10 16:06

The equestrian center isn't just a place to watch the horses preform and but its a community that helps not only the horses but also a place for us to grow with the horses, we come together to support eachother, I dont understand why we need a soccer field when we have recreational centers just for that reason. Its destroying something that the people believe in and put loveband passion into. Its made a difference in many peoples lives and its always in use unlike a soccar field which is only in use on sunny days when its not to got or not to cold, the equestrian center has been in use on the hottest days of the year to the coldest and i think personally that it should stay right where it is.

2016-02-10 16:08

I use this facility regularly. Its a great resource, especially in bad weather. There are no other facilities like it and loosing it would make riding in the winter months almost impossible.

2016-02-10 16:29

I signed because I spend time at this facility with my horses!

2016-02-10 16:57

The BMX people also use the big indoor arena.

2016-02-10 17:14

We use this facility for our Nadac Championship Dog Agility Trials

2016-02-10 18:02

I have been showing horses have for the last 15 years. And plan on continuing doing so. The Equestrian park need to stay.

2016-02-10 18:08

The Equestrian Park should never be removed and if it takes volunteer time from all horse people to save it and make it better and operate then sign me up for that too.

2016-02-10 18:38

Across the country, we are losing equestrian riding facilities and places to ride. I feel it's important to keep these places open. Equestrians do bring in money to areas where there are riding facilities.

2016-02-10 20:37

I have boarded at the park for 5 years and would love for it to stay open!!

2016-02-10 20:39

I love the arenas here and being able to never trailer my horses

2016-02-10 20:47

I spent many years enjoying the equestrian center with my horses, and now enjoy the facility for dog shows. It's a great place!

#50 Dog Agility NADAC

2016-02-10 21:25

I have made the trip to the Salt Lake City. UTAH for NADAC Dog Agility Championships in 2012, 2014, and soon to be 2016.  It is a wonderful venue that can also support other types of activities in the main arena area to bring in money!!  That also means a large group of people are coming into town for a couple weeks to support your RV, hotel, gas, stores, and restaurants in the area!!  I found this to be a very nice place to compete!