SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK.

2016-02-12 04:27

Utah needs this for our horse people !!

#77 Re:

2016-02-12 04:29

#26: -  

Like  dogs Shows !!

2016-02-12 06:28

I have horses and love the equestrian park. It is as equally necessary as the football and baseball fields, the skate park and pool. It was there long before the houses and if we respect it, it will be there long after too.

2016-02-12 06:32

Why would we get rid of a place the kids can go watch horses, bull rides, mutton bustin, 4H shows and carnivals? Don't the kids of S Jordan have enough grass to play on? Leave the land alone and let it continue to be preserved for the animals.

2016-02-12 06:43

For the past three years, this is the closest APHA show for us since we live in Wyoming! !! Do not take it away!!!!

2016-02-12 15:37

Because I want the equestrian center to stay and improve, also its a positive environment for kids and families.

2016-02-12 16:45

I may not own a horse, but I think that every horse and/or stable owner should have a place to gather and share their talents and enjoy themselves. I also have a friend who I know that racing is a big part of her life. I'd be sad to hear that that was taken away from her. If it's important to her and so many people, it deserves to stay.

2016-02-12 17:44

We need this facility equestrian sports have been pushed out of the community for decades while other sports venues have flourished. Horses are a large part of Utahs' heritage and what makes the west unique and diverse. If you continue to make it harder for people to participate in these sports they will have less participation and we will lose this precious heritage. Agriculture and horses are still very much a force in the economy, don't damage us, help us!

2016-02-12 19:40

Because its the only facility of its kind in the stats. The horse industry needs a home too. So many lives would be negatively affected. It would be devastating. You get the right person running it and it'll hold its own.

2016-02-12 21:20

Because horse parks are what makes Utah beautiful and I love the use of this facility

2016-02-12 21:34

Equestrian activity is good for the community; keeping the center active is a worthy use of taxpayer dollars.

2016-02-12 22:45

keep the horse heritage and economy alive, don't continue to kill it

2016-02-13 00:02

My family members have traveled from California to show in this facility. Equestrian parks, and show grounds are not only for horses, but they generate income for all kinds of other businesses, like hotels, motels, restaurants, gas stations, etc. For that reason alone, those who want to shut down this facility are foolish. Equestrian facilities are good business and an asset to the community, not just horseowners.

2016-02-13 01:34

We need this facility equestrian sports have been pushed out of the community for decades while other sports venues have flourished. Horses are a large part of Utahs' heritage and what makes the west unique and diverse. If you continue to make it harder for people to participate in these sports they will have less participation and we will lose this precious heritage. Agriculture and horses are still very much a force in the economy, don't damage us, help us!

2016-02-13 17:06

The preservation of the park is important to the community. Property values are positively effected And changing its use would be detrimental to the neighborhood.

2016-02-13 21:19

I feel strongly the park is important.

2016-02-14 05:01

Even though I'm not a horse owner, I have seen a number of Equestrian competitions at this venue. I believe the South Jordan Equestrian Center is an ideal structure, in a ideal location for aforementioned competitions. It's a beautiful property that is geographically located for residents, who have horses, to use.
Julene

2016-02-14 17:28

This is the time to preserve spaces and facilities that support so many different interests.   Not only do I use this place with my horses, but our spring dog shows are held here as well.   Very short sighted of the county to consider changing this facility.  We will remember those who have put this up for this kind of change for their own selfish reasons.  You vote for changing this,  you're OUT!  People are upset about this.  I guarantee I will work hard at removing you from council.  This is a well loved and will used facility. It doesn't just serve a few who board horses there. 

2016-02-15 13:20

This is a wonderful local horse venue in Utah. My daughter has been riding here for many years with several horse clubs. It would be an absolute injustice to close this facility.

#95 It would be terrible to close this facility.

2016-02-15 19:04

This is the ONLY facility with the ability for us to use for our passion for showing, training and riding our horses in a safe environment with beautiful arenas. This is where our horse community comes together to participate in activities with our horses that we can not do at any other facility in the valley. I'm devastated that there is even a consideration to take this away from our horse owners, trainers, showing network. We've participated at this Equestrian Park for many many many years. I personally petition that this facility continue to be made available for the use it was originally created for.

#96 This would be devastating to us, personally, to close this facility.

2016-02-15 19:10

We petition with all our hearts that this facility remain open to our community for horse shows, training, riding, and blessing those of us that have reaped the benefits of this Equestrian Center for years.  It would be a great loss to have this venue closed.  

2016-02-15 22:08

Because I want to keep it so I can still run barrels it's a very nice facility

2016-02-15 23:29

I belong to the Silver Spurs Riding Club who pays the Equestrian Park to Practice for competition events with the Utah State Western Riding Club Association. This is our sport just like golfing, baseball is to others, however facilities for us are limited. We support (pay for) and attend all the equestrian activities at this facility and would appreciate the same consideration given to our sport as there has been for everyone else.
Susan

#99 SALT LAKE COUNTY EQUESTRIAN PARK

2016-02-16 01:00

Keep the Equestrian Center!  Money is not the only measure of success. Do museums and art galleries "pay thier own way"? All these types of facilities enrich our lives as human beings.

2016-02-16 03:44

I used this facility for many years and value is worth.