Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Wausau School Board - Mixed Gender Bathrooms and Locker Rooms.

2016-09-29 22:01

It is important to stand up for what is right and sensible, before it is too late.

#52 Re: Segregation

2016-09-30 12:45

#15: - Segregation  

I am a very educated person (26 years to be exact). I do know transgender people. I do not hate transgender people. This population is such a minority. Why affect the many to benefit the few? It is another "leftist" emotion-based agenda that does not benefit the majority of the population. Not wanting this is not because of fear and has nothing to do with pedophiles. It has to do with a person who although may identity as a different sex that they were born as, still have parts that they were born with. I don't want my young children to have that option of exposure and not be able to have a say in it. 

2016-09-30 14:24

Restrooms and locker rooms are clearly marked female/male, girls/boys, men/women for a reason. A child/student should use the correct facility that they are born. Having boys and girls use whatever restroom that they choose because they 'feel' that they are of the other gender on any given day is just completely wrong and will result in further problems. Example higher pregnancy, rape, privacy and just bring on more attention to say that hey I was able to check so and so out. The percent of those with a gender issue is so low and we are just catering to the minority again. Focus on education and start teaching our children the basics instead of instilling gender issues in their minds.
Chris

#54 Get your students OUT of the government-run schools

2016-09-30 14:46

If elected representatives (and un-elected bureaucrats) continue their path of pushing through radical ideologies such as the perverse fallacy of 'transgenderism', then it is time for parents to vote with their feet and withdraw their children from the government-run schools, en masse.

I do of course feel sorry for those who because of government economic policy, high taxation, and personal circumstances cannot immediately afford to move their children to a private or church-run school. Private charitable means however can be found to assist those in that situation.

The truth remains that government school administrators fear losing government funding more than anything, which is part of what is driving the current lemming-like stampede over the sociological cliff (the threat of losing federal funding).

Each student who leaves the public schools however means big dollars lost to the district.  So take your students OUT of the government schools and TO a private or parochial school who will teach them the way YOU want them taught, and who won't willfully hide things from you as parents. 

If even several dozens of parents do this in Wausau, the administrators and those school board members who are obviously pushing this madness, will quickly get the message.

And be sure to vote in November.  This nonsense is being supported and perpetrated from the very top.

Chris

#55 HRe:

2016-09-30 14:49

#14: -  

Hear, hear!  If the school district will not listen to reason, then it is time to go elsewhere!

2016-09-30 17:44

This is what our community wants. It is not your personally decision. Please honor the wishes of the people, we do not want boys in girl' locker rooms and bathrooms. Nor do we wants girls in boys' locker rooms and bathrooms.

2016-09-30 21:24

I think for our president all the way down to the school board member have no common sense. The children with gender identity issues should be treated.

2016-09-30 21:40

I don't want boys in a bathroom where my girls Go to the bathroom.

2016-10-01 14:20

I am disapointed that the petition stated nothing about parent rights regarding their minor student and education/educational facility. I signed it anyway, but for me, that's the greater issue. Parents must be informed about and included in any conversations their child has with school personnel.

2016-10-03 01:23

I believe that everyone should use bathrooms, locker rooms and showers according to the way that God made you, that is male and female .We should only use those private facilities in a normal common sense way, males with males and females with females. End of discussion.

2016-10-03 15:21

We strongly disagree with this law. We strongly believe our children need to be protected from such misdirected efforts which can jeopardize their safety and values. There are other alternatives such as providing access for such individuals in single occupancy restrooms.

2016-10-03 16:48

The legal gender of a person is what they are born, male is male, female is female, transgender is a figment of the imagination.

2016-10-03 17:34

I understand that the transgender need protection and guidance, but so do our children that relate to their natural born gender. I belive neutral bathrooms and locker rooms would be best for all.

2016-10-05 14:39

I have talked with my kids and asked how they feel about boys sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with girls and girls sharing bathrooms and locker rooms with boys...NONE of them are okay with this idea nor do they feel safe. This is not alright! Our kids should not have to feel this way in their own schools. I don't understand why in the world our kids don't have a chance to stand up and have a say in this decision. It's going to directly effect THEM!! Not the school board! If boys are allowed to share bathrooms and locker rooms with girls and vice versa are the teachers bathrooms going to  be open for those kids that feel uncomfortable and unsafe to use? We need to protect our kids too! This is no where near close to being okay!

2016-10-08 13:07

The public schools have no business or right to intrude or insert themselves into the privacy and moral ethics of any students. It is obvious that some on the school board have an agenda of their own.

2016-10-08 14:42

Board members who ignore the constituents who elect them need to be voted out of office sooner than later, in particular, where the will of the constituents is within the defined boundaries of the law.

2016-10-08 15:08

The school board action does not reflect my values.

2016-10-10 13:49

All of our children attended Wausau Public Schools. God Assigned our children with male and female not a school board. We have four grandchildren in the Wausau Public Schools and they to were assigned gender by God, male or female. We are taxpayers in the Wausau School District. Wausau School Board has always forgotten they represent us not the special interests applied to them. The voter should determine what is done on issues that affect all of us instead of allowing the opinion of a few to control the many. Charles R. Eno Sr.

2016-10-10 14:27

This is just so wrong on many levels. It is the work of the devil.