NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education

2016-10-08 04:51

I have two children at nmmu. Frustrating that this is causing So many problems for next year.

2016-10-08 05:19

My son is studying at NMMU, I made the big mistake by payng in advance for services that will not be rendered.
Getting an tertiary education is a business transaction and not an emotional journey of creating ruins.
I am not getting the service paid for, and this must be resolved/

2016-10-08 09:05

My son wants to finish his degree at NMMU

2016-10-09 10:27

My daughter is losing her education at the hands of these selfish morons!

2016-10-09 11:41

I really want to go back to school and complete the 2016 academic year...

2016-10-09 13:35

Please contact me. We planning a March for Wednesday with 10 000 students. 078 1543 157

2016-10-09 14:41

I want my aunt monique mccabe to study finish and become who she wants...i want her to be successful

2016-10-09 16:15

My mother is a single parent and paid my fees out of her own pocket. She managed to work her fingers off to be able to pay my fess. My fees are paid up, yet I am sitting at home because NMMU cannot control a hand full of trouble makers. I am absolutely disgusted at their behaviour because it effects those of us who want to complete the year. Really disappointed that NMMU allowed this to continue for so long.

2016-10-09 18:03

Let us study!!!

2016-10-09 19:30

Because our daughter has worked very hard for 3 years to achieve a degree to allow her to be independent and obtain a good and useful career. During this time we have put our lives on hold in order to finance this education. At a critical point in her education everything has come to a grinding halt leaving her in limbo, unable to continue with her plans. We know that we cannot afford to redo this year again. Please allow our kids to complete their education

2016-10-09 19:35

To add my voice against the Fees Must Fall Protestors. Protestors who break the law should be punished for breaking the law, not treated as naughty children. That includes them putting threats out on social media. Surely NMMU's IT people should be able to trace the origins of such postings and these people should be severely dealt with and have their continued education suspended while allowing the law abiding students to continue with theirs in safety.

2016-10-10 05:51

Because I work in the private sector of the university myself and the other staff who are paid hourly, are not receiving wages as we are unable to work. Some have small children and are paying for their studies and monthly commitments. Private business will end up closing when they can not pay their creditors.

2016-10-10 08:39

I am currently a 4th year education student. It is my final year and i want to complete my studies in 2016 and not 2017. I want everyone to complete their studies. We are almost done, it will senseless to lose a whole year just for a few weeks that is left.

2016-10-10 16:15

I want to learn and time is running out

2016-10-11 05:44

These self-righteous criminals have to be taken to task and bare the consequences of their actions. What kind of people are we allowing to become future leaders of our society. With them in charge we will be doomed. Man up and do the right thing.

2016-10-11 07:10

As a fourth year, this puts a lot of strain on us that cannot graduate and look for proper work for next year. What must we do while the minority strikes and deprives us of our graduation?

2016-10-11 17:00

I feel the protest is unfair to us who want to continue our studies. Although financially am also not covered,but aside of this I want to continue and attend lectures. And I am backing this petition

2016-10-11 17:38

Because I have paid a lot of hard earned money to educate my son. He wants to learn and I cannot fathom how we are pandering to the needs of the minority. Protest peacefully but let the kids who want to study go. Another point - if everything in life is free what are you learning, where are your goals and aspirations ? If you want anything in life it is about working for it. Get over it and get on with it. We have so much to offer and we are the laughing stock of the world. It is a joke. No politician has come forward with a solution because they are afraid of loosing the money that they are lining their back pockets with - stand up our so called leaders and put this beautiful country with so much to offer back on track.

#644 Re:

2016-10-11 17:41

#643: -  

These people are performing criminal acts and destroying things for others - arrest them and get on with it.  Millions of rand worth of damage .... the point is what ... who is going to pay for this ... us the ones who dobt expect everything for free.  Fed up, tired, stressed and disillusioned.  

2016-10-12 16:31

We have a son studying at the George Campus, we believe that the quality and integrity of university education in South Africa needs to be respected and preserved. The fee issue needs to be addressed by the government and unlawful and deplorable behaviour by protesters must be dealt with firmly.

2016-10-12 22:15

I my Grandchild is in your University . We as Grandparants has made huge sacrifices in order for all our kids to study. Apart from the unfair kwota and exceptionally high marks white students needs to get. submission, we also have pay for private accommodation and transport for she Dit not get a place in a hostel conveniently near campus.
It is unexsetabale that my retirement funds is indirectly waisted by criminals(not students) with no intention to succeed this academic year, while Annieke Koegelenberg my Grandchild's right to study is jeopardized.

2016-10-13 04:44

Both my kids is in final year. I already pay the years fees. They must graduate this year. My daughter can get a job but the principal said he cant consider NMMU students because they are not going to get their grade this year.

2016-10-16 18:01

Why did you sign this petition?

2016-10-18 05:40

As a student, albeit a mature one, I understand the anger of our youth at being betrayed educationally, economically and ecologically by our current "leaders". Surely though the way forward to equality in education is to build a broad-based consensus of students and faculty. For a minority to seek change through violent and undemocratic means has not shown positive outcomes in any other society. Whilst universities in South Africa have always been catalysts for change, and some upheaval is inevitable, the current trajectory will destroy the universities and their economic base. Wealthier students have always subsidized the economically disadvantaged, and the interests of all parties should be considered.

2016-10-18 17:38

Because I have the right to education and I am not benefitting from the strikes, none of us are