Resignation of Centinela Valley Sch.Brd. & Superintendent

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Resignation of Centinela Valley Sch.Brd. & Superintendent.

2014-03-15 21:56

NEXT BOARD MEETING >>APRIL 15TH 2014<< ATTEND!!!

2014-03-23 00:04

I graduated from the Centinela Valley School district in 1966 and am so unhappy with the current board. We went the $$ to go to the school and students not the board. This job should not be for their pleasure.

2014-03-23 00:22

Resign. Now. We mean it.

2014-03-23 03:05

lets save leuzi.ger
South Bay Mom

#5 Make a change

2014-03-23 03:55

We can only make a change if we stay informed and stand against this conduct in our community. Reach out to everyone... The more that get involved the more focus will be on the board. A change will HAVE TO HAPPEN!!

2014-03-23 14:48

Superintendent should not be making that much. As a recent principle honor roll alumni of cvuhsd - Hawthorne high school, all three schools need some changes as well. Need people on the board who care about the students not about what's being put in their wallet.

#7 Whole story not even out yet...

2014-03-23 16:58

There hasn't even been any focus yet on his bullying of teachers. One of the ways he's been able to do what he does is steamroll teachers who speak out against him. We new to get him out now! We need way more than 74 signatures!

#8 EVERYONE WHO IS OURTRAGED CAN SIGN THIS!!!

2014-03-23 17:49

Have your say no-matter where you live. Conduct like this is everywhere and starting a wave of change takes effort. More effort is being focused on this type of 'conduct.'

#9 Re: Whole story not even out yet...

2014-03-23 17:58

#7: - Whole story not even out yet...

Several paper petitions are also circulating thru the communitites of Hawthrone and Lawndale.  The business owners that are taxed at 7cents a square foot of building for the the parcel tax, are also being personaly told in the community.

Outraged

#10 Keep at him

2014-03-23 19:00

Please everyone, keep this alive. He is just sitting on this waiting for it to die down. We can't let it happen. Things will continue as is or get even worse if we the people don't take action to get him out of there. He's done enough damage and we probably can't undo what he's already done but we sure can prevent him from robbing us any further.

2014-03-24 17:50

As a Leuzinger Alumni, and resident of Lawndale of many years, borne and raised in Lawndale and attended all the Lawndale Schools. I attended all the council meetings and spoke to the council, to please not tear down our Leuzinger High School, which is a Historical site, we begged him, but he did what he wanted, most of the buildings were torn down. Thank heavens the Main building is still standing. During this time it was not known what kind of salary he was making, and when I read all this about him in the Daily Breeze, it made me so upset to see how he could be allowed to receive that large sume of money, and why didn't the school district board do something about this extravagant salary? I think all those people on the council board should be remnoved, ASAP!!! He probable threatened the council members if they didn't work with him, as I heard one lady say, and I quote" Well I need this job" I hope that all the voters can see through him, Mr. Fernandez, and vote him out of council and Superintendent! I have no respect for a person who would take advantage of making all that money, and still not doing anyhting for the school districts. HE SHOULD BE VERY ASHAMED OF HIMSELF, BUT HE IS NOT, THIS IS JUST GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!get rid of him!!!

Angie Borne

2014-03-25 00:21

We (Wiseburn school district)worked against Centinella Valley and their lawyers, to separate from them for 12 long years because of the corruption. We were finally successful last november. That school district (CV) needs to be disolved, and the 3 high schools absorbed by Hawthorne and Lawndale school districts. They could lease out the district offices ( the monument to waste & fraud) & split the rental income between them. I am happy that the media has finaly focused on a problem that has been happening for @ least 15 years. GET INVOLVED!!! Maybe we will get to see them all in handcuffs!!! John Koppelman

2014-03-27 00:06

GTFO

2014-03-27 02:01

Stop the corruption with these power hungry money grubbers!!

2014-03-27 21:23

I'm tired of overpaid gov workers in CA. I have to pay taxes for too many incompetents.

2014-03-28 20:41

We need to get ALL of them off, and keep the construction company under loop, and have them to stay on there contract.

2014-03-28 22:59

Too many government leaders are taking advantage of the public when there is very little money to pay the state debt.
Sam McClure

2014-03-31 00:47

This story is deeper than the news reports have yet uncovered. Someone with an audience: look at how much the Board Members make and the perks they get; look at Fernandez's home-- is it his ONLY residence and if not, who paid for the other one; look at how current CV teachers are bullied and intimidated; look at how many award-winning teachers left CV in part because of Fernandez and now produce amazing API scores with students in the same neighborhood at places like the Da Vinci schools.
Cynthia Morrison

#19 Recall Petition

2014-04-01 19:47

Has anyone actually initiated a recall petition. I am willing to do the legwork but need at least 10 residents in the district to sign the initial Notice of Intention to circulate recall petition with me. I live in the district and am appalled at the behavior of the board. Unless we serve them with recall papers nothing will change. They need to know that they are leaving whether they resign or are recalled. Please reply if you would like to move forward with me.

#20 Re: Recall Petition

2014-04-02 21:52

#19: Cynthia Morrison - Recall Petition

That appears to be a large undertaking to do a Recall (researched) but there is a group doing footwork. Email privately to: Tipline@journalist.com -the group

Solaire

#21 Re: Recall Petition

2014-04-04 18:15

#19: Cynthia Morrison - Recall Petition

Here is a link to get information on how a recall works. Please pass it along to people who want to know. The process will persuade people to quit but that is what Fernandez is banking on. He is not worried about any one going through with this. https://www.lavote.net/Voter/PDFS/GUIDE_TO_RECALL.pdf

Solaire

#22 Re: Re: Recall Petition

2014-04-04 18:19

#20: - Re: Recall Petition

If the group needs a signature to meet a quota feel free to let me know.

2014-04-10 18:06

We need to get rid of these scumbags

2014-04-10 18:46

The tax money to keep the schools up in Bi centennial Valley needs to be looked into because it does not seem to be going to the upkeep of the schools.
Dedicated mom

#25 1 Down 5 to Go !!!

2014-04-11 02:45

Good job everyone, stay strong!