Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

Aidan

#301 WFD Board Members

2010-09-24 16:25

I wanted to let you know that I rejected your petition. I request you to redo the statement by leaving forms of communication out. We do not want any ass kissing word in statement that will harm us in a long run. WFD is here to protect all the Deaf children's birthright using sign language through education. Here is my video declaring my rejection on WFD's petition. 

Regent Gendron

#302 Beautiful Writer/Écrivain Belles

2010-09-24 17:09

Remember before 1880, so many beautiful writer by Deaf people. With 2010 ICED - bring back more beautiful writer. Thank you

N'oubliez pas avant 1880, alors écrivain beaucoup de belles par les personnes sourdes. Avec 2010 ICED - ramener écrivain plus belle. Je vous remercie

Elisabete da Câmara Bernardi

#303 Proud to be Deaf

2010-09-24 17:58

Proud to be Deaf

Sergey Korshunov

2010-09-24 18:35

Arno vannier

2010-09-24 18:40

Marre de l'indifférence !! De tout coeur avec vous contre l'intolérance et pour le droit à l'égalité dans l'éducation. courage jusqu'à la victoire

Latasha Watson

2010-09-24 19:01

I believe that all languages should be respected. The deaf should be afforded the same opportunities to succeed in education as any other person.

Christine Gough-Bise

#307 ASL = American Sign Language

2010-09-24 19:15

ASL is my native language as I am a proud daughter of 2 strong parents who are Deaf and a proud sister of 1 beautiful sister and 2 perservering brothers who are Deaf. As my knowledge increases each day with the learning I have received from people from all over the world about their respective languages and cultures, I continue to feel validated about our language and culture. As our Deaf Community is no different than any other cultural or linguistic community who embraces, loves, cherishes and respects their native cultures, languages and traditions. I continue to share my story with anyone who will listen and even with those who won't listen because as long as we continue to share about ASL, it will remain ALIVE!!!!

Robert de Beck

#308 Right to Communicate in Sign-Language

2010-09-24 19:38

I believe we are all living in the same world.  If we want to make this world better,  we have to make compromises. Compromises help us overcome communication barriers in our hearts.  I hope that many barriers to communication could be overcome by learning sign-language and by listening to people as much as one can.  This would bring satisfaction as well as happiness.  Love is patient and a powerful tool in overcoming barriers to communication!

Germano Carlos Dutra Junior

2010-09-24 19:51

Right to use sign language in education programmes

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2010-09-24 21:02

rogelio jose ocampos

#311 PARAGUAY DOES NOT OBEY CONVENCION

2010-09-24 21:34

Paraguay does not have a curriculum to teach deaf children in SL.

The oralism continue in all the Deaf Schools,we only have one public school with only 60 pupils and only until 6th grade. no until 9th grade like the regular schools.

There are religious institutions that  punish Deaf Children because they sign,even outside the class,this occurs until now. 

Paraguay does not obey the following art. of the Convencion;30.4/21.e/9.2 e/24.3b and so on.All related with the right of the use of SL and the respect of Deaf Culture.Also the right of be inform though interperters. 

We need the visit of members of the WFD so they can realized about the real situation of the Deaf comunity in Paraguay.They have to meet all the Deaf Associations.

Jaemi Mitchell

2010-09-24 22:56

SIGN THIS PETITION! The 1880 Milan Conference was WRONG!! We all have the right to be educated using our NATIVE language! For deaf children, that native language is SIGN LANGUAGE!

brigitte medina doria

#313 Universidad de nacional

2010-09-24 22:59

Hola buena tarde como esta espero esta bien, si comprende todos esta bien, claro tienes razon lo mejor importantes derecho del los sordo en colombiano necesita humano derecho seña aprende lengua seña a el mundial de los sordo y ojalo el futuro derecho de los sordo ley lengua del la seña lo mejor especialmente lidre los sordo............ Gracias saludos

brigitte medina

#314 Universidad de nacional

2010-09-24 23:06

Ola buena tarde como esta espero esta bien, si me ver comprende video en facebook seña alejandro cuentarme tienes razon lo mejor derecho de los sordo importantes lengua de la seña aprende el mundo de los sordo respeto humano y no necesita costumbre oyente hablamos lo mejor pendientes solo atenacion importantes compartir hablamos los sordo

Haider Shafi

#315 haider00mj@yahoo.com

2010-09-24 23:33

Vaer Good

Natheer alzayer

#316 رسالتنا مشروع أصدقاء طلاب التربية الخاصة في المدارس

2010-09-25 00:23

شعارنا هو " كًلنا مع ذوي الحاجات الخاصة و قلوبنا فيهم حاسّة "

"لأننا نُحبهم نحن أصدقاءُ لهم "

"صداقتنا قوّة تجمع قلوبنا"

حبيب ذوي الحاجات الخاصة

المملكة العربية السعودية

أخوكم : نذير بن خالد الزاير

Jackie Mills

2010-09-25 00:44

I believe sign language is very valuable to all. It is important to learn and use it regularly. I very much should be taught in public schools, all schools. There should be no discrimination in this issue. And it does bug me that there is. Even in today's day and age.

Please sign and support this petition. As a hard-of-hearing person, it is very important to me to be able to understand what people are trying to say to me and if they can sign... WOW, how much easier it is for me to understand!

And I'm not talking about signed English, SEE or even PE... I mean ASL. That is what I've been taught, that is what I use, that is what I understand. So, please ASL only would be awesome. :)

Susan Mather

2010-09-25 00:57

thanks for making the petition- sue

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2010-09-25 01:43

This post has been removed by the site administrator (Show details)

2010-09-25 01:47

Oscar Alfonso Caicedo Alvarez

#321 Lengua de señas como programa educacional

2010-09-25 06:27

Apoyemos el lenguaje de señas para qu avarque todos los sistemas  del sistema educativo, no dejemos a un lado esta lengua porque es parte de la humaidad y un legado de las personas sordas

marisa escobar

#322 please help deaf people

2010-09-25 06:46

help deaf people

Mauro Vitali

#323 Sordo e felice ....

2010-09-25 11:40

Io amo il silenzio :-)

thierry ruchot

#324 Défense et droit inébranlables de la LS

2010-09-25 14:48

Je défends toujours la langue des signes que les sourds utilisent. Impossible pour les sourds sans la langue des signes. Voila. Salut a tous. Thierry

habab osman

#325 use language

2010-09-25 14:58

Right to use sing language in educational programmes