Right to use sign language in educational programmes

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Right to use sign language in educational programmes.

kingsley Njoku

#326 Part and Percel...

2010-09-25 16:24

Calvery greeting to you pals. whether the world likes it or not we, the Deafites, remain part and percel of this global. Our rights and privileges must be protected no matter what. That i am able to read and write, in spite of my disabilty, is because i strieved to acquire basic education. Therefore, this petition is a good development to advance the course of persons with disabilities, the Deafites for that matter! I wholly support this lofty petition!!!

CECILIA SILVA FLORES

#327 WORLD DAY OF THE DEAF

2010-09-25 17:14

Peru has adopted the law PERUVIAN SIGN LANGUAGE.
I published in my country are allowed Peruvian sign language and with this achievement we work for intercultural Peruvian society aimed at the CULTURE OF PEACE.

MG. CECILIA FLORES SILVA
VICE PRESIDENT OF THE DEAF ASSOCIATION OF PERU
PROFESSIONAL CHAPTERS IN EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY 00023
EMAIL: licceciliasilva07@hotmail.com

Eddie Swayze

#328 Sign Language as Important Language

2010-09-25 20:44

I have never ever thought sign language is not a language or inferior to English or whatever with such negative opinions when growing up. I value American Sign Language and other deaf/hard of hearing sign languages in foreign countries, for they are essential communication methods for people who cannot hear well. It does not make sense to strip sign language communications from the deaf/hard of hearing people anywhere they exist, even in educational environments like public schools or classrooms. The idea of removing sign languages from them anywhere only makes their life even harder and less productive. They need the language. I do not support the idea that sign languages of any kind would lower the English writing/reading skills or any other foreign spoken languages in any other countries. Sign languages are languages that are used as communication methods no different than other languages that exist on this planet. Not one language should be wiped out of this planet and no matter how anti-sign language advocates, or politicians, or whoever, try to do so will only fail. Languages are like viruses and they are everywhere whether anyone like it or not. Therefore sign languages for the deaf and hard of hearing are viruses that no one can kill.

Carlo di Biase

#329 Fiore del pensiero alias Lingua dei Segni

2010-09-25 22:21

Un bambino rimane affascinato dal fiore del pensiero, circontato i petali vellutati di color violetto.

Un giorno al bambino viene impedito ammirare il fiore.

Perchè?

salvaguarda il diritto del bambino e i fiori!

gustavo adolfo rico alvarez

#330 tengo k preocupado con situacion con colegio y institucion

2010-09-25 22:22

buenos tardes, me preocupa a grave a congreso por k prohibido a lenguaje señas entonces... tener deber a respeto con comunidad personas sordas para cultura a comunicacion... importante a valores.

no me quiero a perder!!!

Gustavo Rico

representante del asortol

lider joven social

#331 Re: good idea

2010-09-26 00:24

#2: Gavin Balharrie -

Yeah not bas but I signing needs to be taught more thoroughly in schools.

Deborah Dearlove

#332 Education for the Deaf

2010-09-26 02:02

I have gladly signed this petition.  I think it is a disgrace that sign language cannot be used is any education system.  After all it is a language.

Carla Sides

2010-09-26 02:18

Important to have ASL as it is a real language in all schools, educations, etc

Zsolt Plaszko

#334 Sign Language

2010-09-26 03:01

Yesterday Audism, today is salvation and tomorrow will peace for an equality.

juan daniel jaramillo rios

#335 debe respetar a nuestras idiomas

2010-09-26 03:30

nosotros tenemos derecho a usar en nuestras proias idiomas que nos necesitamos a comunicar con otros sordos por lo tanto es mas importante  apra la educacion, la comunidad que nos necrsita a superar a desarrollar en mis propias idiomas

Jackie Roth

#336 "the right to"

2010-09-26 05:37

Wny should we have the right to use sign language in certain situations and in this case, educational programs? It should be a given.  You would think by now we shouldn't have to sign a petition.  We should be embracing our freedom to communicate.

KOFFI SESSENOU

2010-09-26 08:55

Hello

I am very glad that some people continue to fight for the right for human being of deaf people.

I will be very happy that everyone will join this committee to make this dream true. I encourage this perspective to never give up.

Sincerely,

Sessenou

#338 Re:

2010-09-26 08:56

MELISSA GARRISON

2010-09-26 10:13

DEAFHOOD.ORG

Randi Esse

2010-09-26 10:13

:) 110% supported

Dr. Dilip Deshmukh

#341 Sign Language - Linguistic Human Right of the Deaf

2010-09-26 10:38

Just by igonarance, misunderstanding, & misconception; speech dominated hearing society imposed 'Oralism' in the infamous congress of Milan in 1880 and created 'Artificial Disability'.  Still right to use 'Sign Language' is denied at many places and situations including deaf education especially in developing countries. Above all in recent past, 'Cochlear Implant' is treated as a remedy for this 'Artificial Disability'. Disgusting!  We have to strive hard and do every attempt and effort to orient and implement 'Bilingualism in Deaf Education' to regain human diginity and identity for the deaf.

Atiya Hajee

#342 Using Sign Language for Deaf Education

2010-09-26 16:30

Deaf people across the world and also in India have been subject to a lot of difficulties due to many misconceptions related to use of Sign Language.

It is time now that we all support the use of Sign Language in every country if we want Deaf people to be Contributing Citizens of the Nation.

It is time now to wake up and realize that using sign language for communicating, and Deaf education is the most effective way to get across to a Deaf person.

I am glad we are taking up this cause today.

Good Luck to all Deaf and supporters of Sign Language across the world.

Alice Toumine

#343 Petition

2010-09-26 17:05

I want us to protect the deaf culture and sign language.

This is not because it's beautiful, it's a REAL language.

Thanks.

Ellen Roth

#344 The right to use sign language in educational settings

2010-09-26 19:16

Of course, that's common sense and obvious. It is mind boggling to see the other camp keeps denying deaf babies and children the right to use their own natural language which is communicating and learning via visual input. It is time to say it is a human right and restore human dignity for all deaf babies and children. The myth on teaching them purely orally and forbidding sign language will make them literate must be abolished forever.

Vladimir Frolov

2010-09-26 19:18

не обижайте глухих!!!!!!!!

Morgan Smith

2010-09-26 19:22

I'm taking an ASL class and its my favorite class of the day. If they cut that out of schools then what would the deaf students do? No one wants and interpreter standing by them at all times.

Josep M. Segimon

#347 Llengua de Signes Catalana (LSC)

2010-09-26 20:26

Es un dret universal de la persona sorda i especialment dels infants sords

Atef Abdel-Haq

#348 With You

2010-09-26 21:25

Here in Palestine with you

Atef Alwazany

#349 My E-mail

2010-09-26 21:27

Hope to write to me to be with you all times

awazany@qou.edu

James Arsenault

#350 sign language is a legal right for all deaf on earth.

2010-09-26 21:29

I believe that  sign language is the only way for deaf to communicate with other deaf,   interpreters, and hearing people who can sign langauge.     it is not fair that  many languages where hearing people spoke has never be changed at all but deaf has been forced to give up  sign language for what reason?    deaf cannot  speak  normal like hearing does.