say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

#251 Re:

2015-01-02 04:56

#250: -  

You hit a good point. This can happen anywhere in Singapore, especially new areas. I petition here 'No'

2015-01-02 05:07

I can foresee that in the near future all HDB/URA site for religious will be taken up by this company in Singapore.

They are profit oriented listed company and answerable to shareholders and not singaporeans.

there will be columbrarium all over HDB estate be it old or new.

2015-01-02 05:14

DISAPPOINTED

2015-01-02 05:25

Helpless, is seems that despite so much petitions, it will still build.No one will understand our feelings coz the Colunbarium is not build near to their home

2015-01-02 06:14

The Living stay BTO, the Dead stay " premium private Columbarian"... Side by side... What a joke!

2015-01-02 06:36

I was initially thinking of skipping the Sunday meeting at Anchorvale cc as it will probably just be a meeting to justify and pacify and give assurances that aren't legally binding on anybody at all . At the end of the day, the columbarium will still be built.

However I realised that it would be useful for the future Fernvale residents to meet one another after the meeting with HDB, URA & Lifecorp to decide on what further action we may have to take. Unity is strength. Perhaps one good thing that will come out of this sad episode is that we will have a close-knit community when and if we finally move into this neighbourhood.

I hope that residents from other parts of Sengkang West will  turn up too to show their support. My fear is that there may be plans to turn this part of Sengkang into the new Sin Ming. The 3 sites reserved for civic and community institutions further down Fernvale Link ( opposite Lush Acres) could be used to house a funeral parlour. Somebody pointed out in a facebook post that URA's laws allow for that. That means whatever Lifecorp says it won't do at this " temple" can still be done further down the road. There's also another site reserved for a temple not far from this columbarium site at the junction of Fernvale Link and Fernvale Street ( opposite the site reserved for school in Fernvale Rivergrove). Residents from the other BTOs in Fernvale may want to look at their sale booklets to see if there are any more such sites so we can put together a clearer picture of  the plans for this part of Sengkang. We mustn't be too trusting anymore.     

Please remember that verbal assurances don't count. Remember the response from URA and HDB to the Straits Times.

So to those who still think it will be fruitless to attend the meeting, think again.  We must stand together to fight to make Sengkang West an endearing estate. If we don't, we will spend the rest of our days worrying incessantly about what will come up next. The angst and anxiety won't be good for our health. 

Say no to the Sengkang columbarium. Say no to a bereavement hub ( if there are plans for one)

#257 Re:

2015-01-02 07:02

#256: -  

I second that!

Please listen

2015-01-02 07:45

I say no.

can we all try, on that day, to get the authorities to reveal their full plans for that corner of Sengkang? Whatever goes there will affect us definitely during our MOP's. Don't want it to get any worse.

#259 Re:

2015-01-02 08:12

Let's be reminded what was promoted some time ago: http://www.cdlhome.com.sg/media/241084/bca-master-plan-ao-r7-fa-.pdf

dissappointed resident

#260 Re:

2015-01-02 08:13

Doom and doom as it seems now.

but as long as we fernvale resident stand up to fight for future, it can be done.

if Dr Lim can't do anything, we will escalate to PM LHL.

dun give up without trying.

#261 Re: Re:

2015-01-02 08:18

#260: dissappointed resident - Re:  

Yes!! my hubby and I plan to go seek help from PM Lee if this sunday doesnt turn up well. His MTPS is on Tuesdays

Pain and Misery for Singaporeans

2015-01-02 08:43

If they can even oppress your parents and grandparents generation for 50 years. they will do it again.

SG50 is just a carnival for them celebrating their control and exploitation of the economy and the workers and also a public spectacle designed to enthrall the ignorant in the population of the real problems besetting each and everyone of us.

What is there to celebrate when life here is already a daily struggle and now this?

Shit !

2015-01-02 09:24

Dear Sengkang Res,

let give them a good cursing and wake them up ! Thinking of this can't even sleep well for the last 2 nights. Dont really feel like getting our NEW home key in 2016....

They curse us and we got to curse them back... might as well ask them whether do they intend to allocate a cemetery space as well since there is so much open space nearby and let the living soul & dead party by the park !!! wtf...

#264 Re: Re:

2015-01-02 09:36

#260: dissappointed resident - Re:  

"  but as long as we fernvale resident stand up to fight for future, it can be done. "

Future ? Let tackle current matter first.... if current matter can't dissolve, future ! they dont even care....

The situation now is,  Look Sengkang Singaporeans, We build what we like, We award who we like, We felt the dead should be resting among the living, that it.... kept your mouth shut !

Shit !

#265 Re: Re:

2015-01-02 09:39

#230: - Re:  

Yawnz..brats

2015-01-02 09:41

One letter in today's ST supporting it.

http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/ 

Entire link too long to be put here.

2015-01-02 09:42

Reposting the link above by linking it:

Keep the dead close to our hearts, communities

2015-01-02 09:43

Can someone link this Petition to LHL, KBW as well.

Let them read for themselve ! full of praising and welcome from sengkang Res.... dont be surprise by end of day they will say, no one had inform us of this situation, my bad. What is done is done, come let forgive & forget, let party !

2015-01-02 09:44

What happened to the FB page on it? Got shut down?

http://www.facebook.com/columbariumisabadidea

#270 Re:

2015-01-02 10:14

#267: -  

" Keep the dead close to our hearts, communities"

Dear Sir,

We are not discarding the dead soul... a columbarian can be built anyway. we were saying it should be built at a more approriate location..... please understand the "question"

#271 revenue vs feeling of resident

2015-01-02 10:57

I read somewhere can put 90,000 .

Using average 3k per slot. 

This work out to have 270million rev.

270m rev. Vs thousands feeling of fernvale resident.

Hmm.. 

2015-01-02 13:30

the plans are not approved yet and hdb ura will be there on sun 10am.

so hopefully with the voices they will hear

#273 Re:

2015-01-02 13:34

#254: -  

the plan is not final yet. do not lose hope..hope hdb listen on sun

Pee pop

#274 Re: Re:

2015-01-02 13:37

#270: - Re:  

Build beside cini leisure to keep close to our heart. Lol

say no

2015-01-02 13:50

They may not be able to change location but they have rights to stop developer to build columbarium. i vote for a chinese temple ..but without columbarium