say no to a columbarium next to our future home!

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition say no to a columbarium next to our future home!.

#326 Re: Re:

2015-01-03 17:06

#323: - Re:  

Yes, in fengshui aspect it look & shape like ONE ! like modern fengshui, tall building at the back of a house may symbolise an mountain, whereas a clean river / canal with lot of water activites may symbolise, clean water which symbolise wealth...

Althought my new unit is not directly facing it, but from view, is still can be seem each time I open my window... so sad for those living direct facing or back facing, especially chinses family who pangtang about fengshui just like me.... in fengshui, everyday facing "them" OMG... how i wish I can give up my unit & re-book others....

2015-01-03 17:21

Although I'm not staying there but columbarium should not be build there. It's should be a place where there is more peaceful rather than beside HDB flat. I'm just wondering the person given the plan does he know the culture of Singaporean. 

2015-01-03 17:21

See you guys & ladies tomorrow, hope we can convince and got a good result from tomo resident review meeting with HDB, URA, LFC

Hope LFC can drop the idea of having columbarium services, give all of us a fully function temple unit...which serve a good clauses !!! good nite...

2015-01-03 17:25

Hope tomorrow will be a better one for all the fernvale residents..can sleep better.

2015-01-03 17:33

A modern n zen type doesn't look like a Chinese temple. A traditional type will look like a Chinese temple 

2015-01-04 00:35

Fine print: artist impression only. All of us learnt the lesson.

For those who are really concern..please attend & don't sit there expect miracle to happen. Ask them..talk to them the concerns. Let them know residents are really unhappy

2015-01-04 01:04

Ya, they will try bullshit and say no choice must be built and things like that but I am prepared to tell them I'm still unhappy with the columbarium and for them to reconsider the plans

#333 full suite funeral services

2015-01-04 02:40

More n more worried.

2015-01-04 05:27

So what the out come for the meeting ?

2015-01-04 05:54

We would like the authorities to stop emphasizing us that they are serving the communities.Whom on earth will feel comfortable with the columbarium setup and especially when we are the young generation to start a family there.

The fundumental part is the HDB/URA/G0V - you didnt give us a chance to select whether we can accept the columbarium to be built up on our sengkang lea.And also Dr Lam whom represent the people of community at our sengkang area keep enforcing us to accept what's being done is done!we has to accept as its legally bind that there will be columbarium usage in chinese temple or churches premises.But I like to bring it up as some is ancestral tablet,no urns at all.

Our community welfare is not being taken care of,Dr Lam is trying to advise me to vote the opposition instead of PAP.Because he didnt address to the issue bringing out during the dialogue.If this columbarium project is being approved;Are we the Guinea Pig SengKang residents on which in future should there be any BTO project further;HDB/URA/GOV are going to carry out the building of columbarium for all new estate.If this concern is not being well addressed with remedies and full refund of HDB to back out from the sengkang lea project;whom will be there for the GOV/Columbarium to serve when nobody want to stay in the neighbourhood.

2015-01-04 06:04

Can we go to the next higher level since most of the disadvantage is on their side ?

Insulted Buddhist

2015-01-04 06:35

"He also explained that having columbarium services at places of worship is not uncommon." 

I think what is bizarrely uncommon here, is a non-religious, for-profits, ang mo owned commercial entity owning and directing a Temple of Chinese Gods & Deities.

Then again, if monkeys can run a government, why can't non-religious commercial entities run a religious temple? 

Questions :

Is this Chinese Temple registered with Registry of Societies?

Is this Chinese Temple (and all generated revenues) regulated as a Charity?

2015-01-04 07:07

官字两个口, 无奈.......这就是hdb/govt送人民的 SG50的大礼!

2015-01-04 07:20

We only wanted a remedy. And you can do that..to stop the columbarium.

Please don't do sports with us. We came to the session to ask for a solution 

2015-01-04 07:23

所谓君子爱财取之有道,真不敢相信Hdb/gov 天竟然做出如此偷鸡摸狗,瞒天过海的小人行为!

2015-01-04 07:49

Can we just have a normal standard temple without columbarium?...

2015-01-04 07:51

Dr lam / HDB,

Techinally best option of all.

a) Relocated them to a lesser density area, closer to lesser human flow area...

After this morning dialog. hope you understand what the people want !

2015-01-04 07:57

Had our PM lee knew about this... need to push to higher grounds ! we need a good explaination how can HDB approved a such a company....without careful considerate the facts of LFC background.... 

2015-01-04 08:24

Can anyone please share what is the outcome of this morning meeting?

2015-01-04 08:25

Who knows maybe just one approver mess up and others have to sweep the ****

HDB and URA you guys are still in control of land development. Today if a visitor came to your office and start shit all over the place, are you still going to law by law say we can't chase visitors out?

Please don't shove the plans to us. If you are still in control, do the right decision now !!!

#346 Re:

2015-01-04 08:28

#344: -  

Typical singaporean..don't even bother to attend

If you are so concern, then you don't need people to conclude for you. Hdb cheap enough for you nor to bother ma

2015-01-04 08:57

The representatives from HDB and URA looks like they are arrowed to come and ill prepared to answer questions. HBD and URA did not send anyone from management position to attend. Do they take this as a trivial issue not worth their time? The answers given to us is those present cannot make any decisions, cannot even commit on date when we insisted. So another wayang session?

2015-01-04 09:46

Say no to a columbarium!

2015-01-04 10:05

Can someone write in and warn of companies trying to make money of religious groups

Anonymous

2015-01-04 11:03

No columbarium to fernvale estate. We respect the dead, they should be living in more remote and quiet resting place. I won't want my children living near the dead totally unfair to us.