please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-20 22:01

The tiger was doing what he's born to. The zoo keeper or the zoo procedures must be at fault

2015-09-20 22:02

Just wrong, animal is not a pet.

2015-09-20 22:02

my heart goes out to the family of this wonderful woman. But Oz is one of a few and needs to be saved.

2015-09-20 22:03

This is an extremely sad circumstance but two wrongs not make a right. RIP to the keeper who lost her life but please let's try and save Oz...

2015-09-20 22:04

He didn't know any better! You can't put him down for his own animal instincts!!

Because I hate seeing wildlife put down

Too precious to be destroyed - very sad about the incident which caused the death the Zookeeper ! Do not put this beautfiul animal down !

2015-09-20 22:05

It isn't fair to destroy the tiger for its natural instinct. They are a protected species so no tiger should ever be put down. It's humans fault for takin animals out of their natural habitat and caging them for entertainment purposes that this happened so again I say although this is a truely sad situation the tiger should t be punished for it. That will compound this tragedy.

2015-09-20 22:06

Sorry to tje zoo keepers family and friends my love and support goes out to u all.
Oz is a tiger... its in his nature... hes not at fault... please dont put him down!!! hes beautiful.

2015-09-20 22:08

Yes this was a tragic accident but I don't see it as the tiger's fault. What good would come of putting him down?

2015-09-20 22:09

Tigers are wild animals. Attacking is what they know. It is sad, but he doesn't deserve to lose his life. There are not many of these beautiful creatures left. I believe the zoo keeper that lost her life wouldn't want the tiger to be put down either after dedicating 20 years of her life to working with animals

2015-09-20 22:12

This is a wild animal and not 'responsible' in terms of our understanding of the value of human life. He may have been disturbed by something on the day - there may be many extenuating circumstances leading to this tragedy. Also, as an ardent conservationist, I am sure the loudest voice in ensuring that Oz continues to be part of the zoo family would have been that of the deceased.
Petlilly

2015-09-20 22:12

It is a terrible thing that has happened and my sympathies go out to the handler and her family, however this is a wild animal not a pet and I think we all understand that. the zoo has taken on the responsibility of caring for this beautiful animal and that’s it, they have failed it is not the Tigers fault. If they have another issue in a months’ time will they consider putting another one down. If they can’t give them the care they deserve get them rehomed. The zoo needs to care for the animal killing it makes the zoo no better than dentist Walter Palmer.

2015-09-20 22:13

There is zero point in putting him down after the fact. It will not save or bring back the keeper, it serves no purpose other than lust for revenge. If it was done during the attack to save the keeper's life, that would be a different matter. But that isn't the case here.

2015-09-20 22:14

I signed the petition not to euthanase th samartan tiger who tragically killed his keeper at the zoo for the following reasons:-
* The zoo keeper obvioulsy loved her work, loved animals, was thoroughly experienced and clearly would have KNOWN of the potential dangers of her dedicated work.
* When we put animals into an "unnatural" situation, we must not expect them to behave "unaturally". Their base insticts do not automatically evaporate in captivity.
* I am confident that the lady-keeper would thoroughly appreciate this, and being the conservationist she evidently was, - would not want this wild animal destroyed for being a wild animal.
* That said, - it is a very tragic event, and all condolences to her family and the Hamilton Zoo staff.

These animals will always be wild and they'll follow there instinct no matter what, condolences to the family and friends of the keeper...

My heart goes to the family it really does..but you can't kill an endangered species for being itself. It's a horrible situation but I think he should be kept alive..
Mama

#193 Tiger..Oz

2015-09-20 22:15

I believe this is a terrible accident and that Oz is to precious to not have a chance at survival. Best of luck Oz my condolences to the zoo keeper and her family R.I.P

2015-09-20 22:16

This tiger is just being the wild creature that he was born as. DON'T condem him because humans keep him in captivity and take then the risk of looking after him. It is the human race that is to blame for this, not the tiger. The keepers know this and they sure as hell would not want the animals put to death because they are doing what is a natural instinct.

2015-09-20 22:18

This is a terrible accident, and by definition should not lead to the death of the tiger. He was after all, just being a tiger in the wrong place at the wrong time. A situation that was not his fault

2015-09-20 22:20

Because it is the nature of a tiger and it is what the zoo keeper would of wanted. as well as it is not a threat to the community.

2015-09-20 22:21

Oz is a wild animal, it was pure instinct to attack.Zoo should beef up their security.A terrible shame for that keeper to lose her life

2015-09-20 22:22

He is a wild animal who doesn't deserve to die after following animal instinct I feel for the keeper but he doesn't deserve to be punished

They are wanting to put down the tiger for being a TIGER. They are looking for someone or something to blame and they are blaming the tiger. They should have had a procedure in the first place so this wouldnt happen. This is either the zoos fault by not having the correct procedure or the person simply made a mistake. This is NOT the tigers fault

As tragic as it is its a wild animal and there aren't many left,it was being a tiger