PHARMACISTS UNITE AGAINST UNFAIR MEDICAL SCHEME PRACTICES

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition PHARMACISTS UNITE AGAINST UNFAIR MEDICAL SCHEME PRACTICES.

2016-01-17 07:53

Because I am a pharmacist and truly feel that as much as I work for the government... What the medical aids are doing is unfair and its time something is done about it!

2016-01-17 08:07

Im one of the pharmacist who had to close because of unfair medical aid practice and dsp's and courier pharmacy. I had a very good relationship with my patients and most of them would tell me that they were bullied by medical aids to accept courier pharmacy as a dsp even though mine was their pharmacy of choice

2016-01-17 09:14

The competition commission and government needs to intervene and halt the oligopolistic dictations and greed of medical aids to control where the public can get their medication. Unfair co-pays and call centres directing medical aid members away from independent pharmacies will result in more smaller pharmacies closing leaving a void in health care delivery. Will the corporates and postal services be able to to meet the health care needs of the general populace of our country? In my case we have a 24 hour on call medicine service - is that not a valuable service that should be protected. Dear MOH Aaron, we appeal to you - we know you are against big business bullies that are dictating in our health care market! Act on our behalf before it is too late.....THANK YOU

2016-01-17 11:08

I agree with the abovementioned terms

2016-01-17 15:58

I am the owner of a community pharmacy now for 18 years. We serve our customers with love and care, but it just gets harder every year to keep head above water. The worst is if patients come for advise to us with a bag full of medication they got from one of the big guys were there is no service, and my loyal paying customers must wait for their turn to be served. Further more the postal pharmacies over supply the patients with meds they use prn, a huge waste of money,and when they are late to deliver those patients come to us, and want us to break a box for 5 tablets just untill they receive the postal meds. Patients are not to blame really as they have no choice in the matter. Medical aids dictate the whole business and even want to tell the Dr what they may or may not prescribe

2016-01-17 17:22

I feel very strongly that medical AIds are becoming increasingly aggressive in dictating terms of supply of affordable medicines to the public, particularly those in rural areas where the public sector facilities are totally incapable of meeting their health needs. Community sector Pharmacy needs more commitment from SAPC to support their efforts to fill that gap by regaining control over the distribution of medicines from the Medical Aids!

2016-01-17 20:04

This matter is long overdue.The cooperate industry has and still decides the pharmacy profession's fate.Enough is enough.Let the medical aid members decide and not be in confines of the 'so called preferred providers'.That's my take.

2016-01-17 20:44

I agree with all the facts as stated in this petition and feel medical aids are trying to get the entire medical fraternity to work only in the interest of their income and all the professions and their survival is of no interest to them. You only have to look at the buildings they occupy and the money they spend on advertising to keep their top management in fancy cars and outrageous salaries!
STOP MOANING!!

2016-01-18 20:47

Pharmacists are all for themselves, all words and no action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about we ALL boycott paying fees for 2017?????????????? Set up a massive campaing online, follow through, inform everyone and WE ALL NOT PAY, untill they start listening and representing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITS THE ONLY WAY ANYTHING WILL GET DONE!!!!! FULL STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-01-18 20:55

Pharmacists are the only professionals who issue patients FREE ADVISE!!!!! And we are legally liable offering this free service if anything goes wrong.!

We are earning a pathetic hourly rate compared to any other profession. A Plumber/electrician etc.. asks much more. 

We never stand up to anything!!!!!!!!!!! And this will never change!!!!!!!!!!!

Solution= I will never advise my kids or family/members to follow this 'noble' profession...

2016-01-19 16:21

Medical aids should not rule any medical profession as is the case
in South Africa.

2016-01-19 21:18

Because it is so important! Thanks for your effort, so relevant now in SA.

2016-01-20 09:59

Because I agree with every letter of the petition

#89 Re:

2016-01-20 11:52

#1: -  

2016-01-21 11:05

Excellent ! Pharmacists' biggest problem has always been lack of unity - mostly to gain an advantage over a nearby competitor (pharmacy). At last , let's ALL get behind this . I particularly like the idea of ,for one month over the med aids' busiest period, ignoring the computer route of claiming and making the public PAY CASH for their meds and PAPER claim back from their respective med aids . I would add that we choose the biggest (and baddest!) med aid first to do this and see what transpires.

2016-01-21 19:18

Because I am tired of watching their pathetic service to the local community knowing that I can provide a better service at the same price but I am discriminated against because for some absurd legality that I am not a so called DSP

#92 Re:

2016-01-21 21:11

#6: -  

I am against DSP. Patients have the right to choose their Provider. It's unfair to force them to use DSP.

2016-01-22 13:02

Pharmacy are treated unfair by the medical aids - they govern the industry.

2016-01-24 19:48

Really struggling to meet overheads and expenses despite working myself to the bone 7 days a week

2016-01-24 20:11

The medical aids phone my customers and tell them to go and fill their scrips at Clicks or DSP pharmacy, they pertinent tell my customers not to buy at my pharmacy!!!!

2016-01-24 20:29

It is time consuming and exhausting to explain to each and every patient why they have to pay a levy. It is the patients fund and if med aid paid amount claimed their funds would be depleted anyway. I never gave permission to Mediscor to deduct their admin fee on a debit order

2016-01-24 21:42

being bullied by medical aids

2016-01-25 04:07

Medical aids should not be allowed to dictate which medication or medical service they will or will not pay for.

2016-01-25 07:03

Medical aids are destroying independent community Pharmacies.

2016-01-25 07:13

Medical Aids are destroying the independent community Pharmacies