KRUGER NATIONAL PARK ANTI HOTEL DEVELOPMENT GROUP

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KRUGER NATIONAL PARK ANTI HOTEL DEVELOPMENT GROUP.

2011-06-07 10:21

#46. We know there are those for it but that's not the point of the petition. This isn't about discussion, which has gone on forever elsewhere anyway. We're against it and clearly expressing it.
Anti!

#52 Re: No. 46

2011-06-07 10:57

#46: Pro! -  

I'm sorry...but you are just being ridiculous!!! Tsendze has hardly had the sort of impact that 2 luxury hotels will have on the park!  First timers are most definitely welcome - if they are not keen on self-drive there are plenty of drives offered in the park and from outside.  There are also plenty of luxury bungalows available for those who want that!  For people who want to be pampered, there are also plenty of private game reserves around!!

2011-06-08 07:23

This seems to me to be detrimental to the conservations aims of Sanparks. It is also elitist. There are many private parks catering for up market, why create another one?

2011-06-08 11:50

I think there are a couple of SANParks officials with connections to this development and will be lining their own pockets. Maybe this is why they are pushing so hard

#55 Re:

2011-06-08 13:52

#54: -  

Mvelaphanda Group Limited: RHW Joint Venture Ltd. (SA subsidiary of Rezidor – owned 74% by

Rezidor Hotel Group of Brussels and 26% by Mvelaphanda Holdings Ltd);

The directors of Mvelaphanda Holdings are:

Vusi Mavimbela (Executive Director, Mvelaphanda Group Limited, (2005 - present)

Director-General, National Intelligence Agency, (1999 - present)

Leader, SA ANC Youth, Training College, German Democratic Republic (1979 - present)

Sivuyile Xayiya

Policy Advisor: Office of the Premier, Gauteng; Independent Development Trust; Deputy Head: World University Services;

And

Kuseni Dlamini and others

2011-06-09 14:01

The animals have no voice. We are their voices. They are the only important part of the game park.Why risk stress to their environment?!

2011-06-09 14:08

A 240-bed Radisson Hotel planned for the world's best-known wilderness reserve will mean the beginning of the end for the Kruger Park if it is allowed to go ahead. Our neighbouring regions must be rubbing their hands in gleeful anticipation as we shoo our foreign visitors in their direction.

2011-06-09 22:08

Our impact on this planet is not a rehearsal, we only have one chance to get it right. How many species will be displaced by the footprint of this development? Not just the large mammals, but all the myriad little insects, reptiles, plants and birds?

2011-06-10 13:56

preserve our parks and wildlife!

2011-06-10 14:52

was shocked to hear that hotels etc could be in the beautiful kruger park, what idiot thought of that one .
i hope this doesn't happen , pleeeeeease dont let it happen.

2011-06-10 15:04

This is a pristine environment. Let us keep it as such

2011-06-11 11:04

This is the new SA.Welcome to corruption!

2011-06-12 21:40

Absoulutely shocking that anyone with any brains could even think of doing this in the only totally wild environment left.. The Camps are modern enough...this is NOT what tourists are after...they can see all the wild game on game farms all over the world...why spoil our heritage!!!!!

2011-06-12 21:41

It makes me sick!!!!
Russell Robinson
The author of this petition

#65 Link to care4

2011-06-13 14:49

Please be so kind as to visit this link:
http://www.care4.co.za/CausesNews/tabid/63/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/1/Kruger-Park-Hotel-Development.aspx

@ #60. The purpose of this petition is to prevent the development of hotels in KNP and the sucess depends on how many signatures we obtain. At this stage, just under 400 signatures in a week is quite franky not even enough to warrant any attention at all.

For this petition to be effective, we will need millions of signatures and it will take effort by all of us to make our friends, family and contacts aware of it's existance. So please feel free to hound all your friends etc and get them to sign it.

The response so far speaks of total indifference by many to this cause and once this development takes place, it will be too late to reverse it.

We need action NOW.

2011-06-13 15:09

I feel very strongly upset about the proposed building of hotels in the KNP. It is so totally against the whole nature and purpose of the KNP. People go there for wild life, nature, environment and the rustic accomodation that goes with it - NOT for a "popular holiday resort" -type of outing. How is it that people who are in charge of and who are managing KNP has no insight in its unspoiled wild life nature?! Friena

#67 Re: Link to care4

2011-06-14 14:15

#65: Russell Robinson - Link to care4

Agreed with Russel.

Please spread the word to your friends, we need your support to stop this.

Gerhard Smit gmlsmit@telkomsa.net AIKONA group member, send me your details if you want to join.

2011-06-15 09:06

I think this is just a money making sceem for all the rich people out there and for all the othe people that wants to get rich. It is nothing got to do with the animals, just money.
There are not many places in the world that animals can walk freely and now they want to take the animals land and make it smalle.

I think this is shelfish to the man you tought of this stupid idee and just think that they have enough money to do or build a hotel somewhere else. like in the karoo or somewhere, where there is now animals.......

Logan.

2011-06-17 13:45

Please David Mabunda, have a re-think, don't blemish your environmental report card

2011-06-17 15:46

Save our beautiful wildlife from this disaster. It is one of the few places on earth which has been left relatively untouched. Building hotels will be catastrophic for the environment!

2011-06-17 18:08

I do not believe that the issue of the hotels is solely the result of the withholding state funding. It is clear in South Africa that the issue of major developments is one of political expediency and the massive amount of financial gain there is to the right politically-connected persons. The arms deal is a prime example of this, as clearly the massive spending there was of virtually no benefit to the Country, only to the well-connected

2011-06-17 18:47

Sanparks have conveniently forgot that it all began with the Parlementary proclamation of the "Board of CURATORS for National Parks" One of the first things the "new" Board did was to remove the words "Custos Naturae" ( in other words Custodions of Nature) from it's official emblem. It also prohibeted the wearing of shoulder epualettes of all staff except field workers (Rangers and researchers)and only after protest from Rangers but still sans the words custos naturae on the epualettes. What message does that convey?

2011-06-18 11:52

at this time state funded conservation authorities in this country are some of the finest instuments devised by political man for the destruction of what little remains of unspoiled environments.

2011-06-18 19:11

Wild and hotels simply dont match...

2011-06-18 23:13

mn