KRUGER NATIONAL PARK ANTI HOTEL DEVELOPMENT GROUP

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KRUGER NATIONAL PARK ANTI HOTEL DEVELOPMENT GROUP.

2011-06-18 23:46

Martinus I am sad that you don't have the balls to stop the madness

2011-06-19 11:40

The Kruger belongs to the people of the world as one of the few remaining true conservation areas and should not be abused for personal gain by politicians and businessmen. It is not another holiday resort for the wealthy!

2011-06-19 13:50

Thank you for informing us about this - I had no idea what was being planned. I have passed the info on to others who will be supportive of the petition. Good Luck!

2011-06-19 19:00

My family are dead against any hotel development in the Kruger Park - it is not appropriate. The essence of the park is peace and tranquility and appreciation of nature and all it has to offer - not development that will take up precious resources such as water, land and create more noise and intrusion into pristine areas.

2011-06-19 20:02

a National Park is meant to be a safe place for the animals and plants who inhabit it. Building a hotel/conference center will increase the traffic, noise and pollution. Leave the parks ALONE

2011-06-19 20:05

I TOTALLY agree - this is supposed to be a WILD sanctuary for our wildlife. I remember driving on a two track road through the bush - that is how it should have stayed !

2011-06-19 20:06

Stop obstructing nature by way of building structures inside forests.
Nightlight

#83 Re: SANparks officials - #54

2011-06-19 20:10

#54: - I really hope if these officials read this that they are ashamed of what they are trying to do at the expense of the animals and wildlife in the Kruger Park - this is our childrens inheritance - leave it alone.

RET

2011-06-19 20:12

There must never be any commercial or private building allowed on any National Park or Reserve grounds. God knows that there is little land left for animals, birds and reptiles to safely inhabit. They were here first. How about mass distribution of birth control (for humans) so the overpopulation and contamination of the world's will dramatically lessen while existing sanctuaries are preserved and protected.

Nightlight

#85 Re: Costs of visiting the KNP

2011-06-19 20:20

#23: Dikdikkie - I feel that they must be making enough money off the international visitors and the locals that can afford to visit the Park without trying to make more money to "preserve' what is there.

Nightlight

#86 NO HOTELS

2011-06-19 20:22

Absolutely no hotel or conference facilities to be built in the KNP!!!

2011-06-19 21:11

In a realtively short time, 20 years or so, I have witnessed the destruction of precious habitat to greedy developers and hapless tourists in an area I know well - S.E.Asia. Not only have ecosystems been destroyed, but the essence of areas and their vernacular have gone forever.
Each day species become extinct, and Kruger is a small sanctuary in the vast world we humans are manipulating. The vast majority of those who visit Kruger do so with great respect, and are able to witness and commune with nature. Furtheremore, it serves as an education for the adults of the future to encourage them to protect the planet.
Kruger should not be 'up for development'!

2011-06-20 07:16

Enough land is available on the outside of the park for a development like this...too much natural habitat is being taken away from our Wildlife as it is.

2011-06-20 10:43

When will the government in SA realise that by raping the natural environment and resources they are destroying this once beautiful country and only so that they can line their pockets.

2011-06-20 10:55

The residents in the Malalane town area absolutely do not want a hotel in the KNP, especially on the southern border. Developments should take place outside the borders of the KNP to keep the human foot print to the lowest possible level. Job creation cannot be the reason. The same jobs will be created should a hotel be built outside the borders of the park. Where will this stop?? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

2011-06-20 11:43

The whole purpose of NATIONAL PARKS and PROTECTED AREAS seems to have been lost in the despicable desire to exploit such areas for maximum human monetary gain; the value of such areas in other terms is studiously ignored by the current management of National Parks.

2011-06-20 12:39

Please stop this hotel effort inside the KNP
I will support as many hotels as they wish just as long as it is outside the borders of any protected conservation area.

2011-06-20 12:49

The whole joy of the Kruger National Park and other Parks is that they are there for animals in their natural environment. Any developments within the park reduce the space for free movement of the animals and need to be rejected. There is much space just outside the park boundaries for this hotel development. Those attending conferences at a future hotel could easily be bussed into the Park and do not need to be located within it.

2011-06-20 15:33

I have just had the privilege to hike the new Mpongolo wilderness trial in Kruger and again was struck by the ancience of this complete ecosystem with its wild fauna and flora and by how vulnerable it is to any encroachment or pollution by humans. Thanks to Paul Kruger, this is one of the few pieces of natural wilderness left on earth, and it is our duty to contuinue to fight for it as one of the last areas which truly belongs to its inhabitants, in which they can more-or-less exist as in ancient times (although it is not totally wild and migration routes are not as they used tobe due to fences), and which do not include us and especilly not our unnatural commercial projects like hotels etc- we are privileged to even be allowed in in vehicles, on foot and in unobtrusive minimal ecofriendly accomodation. TO walk in the wild is to realise one's small place in the natural ecosystem and to learn to respect the others living there as they generally respoect you- its rightfully theirs- not ours anymore.

2011-06-20 18:17

Why would one change from the perfect environment to the "gold digging" hotels that definitely don't belong in the Kruger National Park!
Who needs brights lights, high buildings, noise, load hotel occupants in Gods National Environment!!!!!

#96 Re:

2011-06-20 18:19

#76: -  

Go to a hotel in Gauteng and visit the zoo if that is what you want!!! By the way - have no balls!!!!!!

2011-06-21 12:04

Don't spoil our beautiful wild land! There is so little left of it!

2011-06-21 14:18

PLEASE don't spoil such a great place by building hotels in the Kruger National Park. It is such a wonderful place. Hotels would definitely spoil the whole ambience and would be more like a theme park in America, than the African Bush which millions love so much.
Russell Robinson
The author of this petition

#99 SANPARKS RESPONDS TO LETTER

2011-06-21 14:37

There was a response by SANPARKS to a letter published in the Lowvelder last week. The response was to make it sound as though the developments are about as benign as drinking a cup of purified water.

Although it is merely my opinion, the southern areas of KNP are already over crowded and even one development that wouldplace another 240 people in the same area is just sheer madness. The increased traffic and incidence of speeding is additional pressure that nature can ill afford.

2011-06-21 15:11

Outrageous! As a US citizen who regularly visits South Africa in order to promote tourism, I can assure you that Kruger Park will be crossed off the list as a viable destination if this hotel goes ahead. Encroaching on the space of wild animals is unacceptable. KNP is the one place in South Africa where wild animals should be left alone. Building hotels will increase the traffic into the KNP, which can only affect negatively the lives of the animals. Poaching of rhino is already on the increase. How many more dangers do the 'powers that be' wish to create for the animals? If KNP is losing money, it's most probably due to mismanagement, which new hotels will not solve. STOP THE DEVELOPMENT - KNP MUST REMAIN WILD.