Save Rendezvous Bay

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Rendezvous Bay.

2011-06-29 01:18

Well done Mahala...so with you on this....youi never cease to to make me admire you, love Ms. Gouldstone

2011-06-29 02:19

the projet will do go it will be another beutyful place to visit

2011-06-29 04:17

please do not build or develop this beatiful area. let it be saved for the future generations of antiguans and visitors to enjoy and appreciate as much as I have and hope to again.

2011-06-29 17:50

We hardly recognise that the reason we have tourits here is becuase we have beaches like that. We are one of the countries that are lucky enough to have beaches so pristine. Any development should be stuck to the hills and the hotel should be properly backed enviromental impact awareness plans. It should be dually authorized by the autorities(MPA, DCA, and EAG).

2011-06-29 20:35

It's paradise on earth; I hope it will not get spoiled..

2011-06-29 21:19

I live in Turtle Bay and my home is the closest structure to Rendevous Beach.
I have hiked from my home to Rendevous Beach about four times per week for the last 17 years. One of the paths leading there goes through my property and I have keptit open to the public. It is featured in several guidebooks (Lonely Planet and others) and used by hundreds of hikers both local and visiting.
I have seen the roadwork which began about two weeks ago. There is now a guardhouse(with landscaping and guard dog) at the top of Springhill. I do not trust the promises of an eco friendly development at all. Yesterday at 7.15 I was at Rendevous Beach and saw a fresh turtle nest including the tracks from and to the water. About 15. minutes later a pickup truck arrived with a person working for the developers and drove onto the beach within a few yards of the fresh turtle nest. The proposed development and it’s construction will be a desaster for the wildlife and eco tourism. It will close access to the beach for hikers who would have to go through the residential development as well as the hotel property to reach it. I don’t think there is anybody who has been to the beach more often and knows it better than I do. I will support any legal and democratic activity to stop this development and support Antiguans who do not want to see one of the last natural beaches and it’s wildlife and fauna destroyed.
Kit

2011-06-29 21:42

Please leave Rendevous Bay untouched its one of our last beaches without a hotel.
Don't we have enough unfilled hotels? Just look at The Hodges Bay project and the Hodges bay house which is now falling into disrepair. Local Antiguans and vistors will have no where to go already a lot of the old camping beaches have been lost to developers.

2011-06-30 00:45

Antigua does not need any more hotels on new sites as a lady very rightly pointed out there are many abandoned ones on exsiting beaches that would have much less environmental impact to refurbish. This is an untouched site and should stay that way. Any form of development no matter how responsible or reasonable will have negative impacts on the environment.

2011-06-30 01:53

We do not need any further resort developments built in Antigua until the occupancy rate gets back. Spend the money on Half Moon Bay, Hodges Bay, Galleon Beach, Tamarind Hills / Dark Wood etc... finish Nonsuch Bay / La Perla and all the other projects on the island that are just sitting there wasting away.
Keep our island Nice !
Tropical Flower

#35 Don't sell off Antigua

2011-06-30 01:54

Changes should be made to include Antigua as a twelve month destination not to add more resorts only to sit empty for several months per year.  How about Hodges Bay, Blue Heron, Runaway Bay and Half Moon Bay resorts to name a few closures that need attention. They are all on good beaches and should be revitalized long before new properties are permitted. 

2011-06-30 02:50

Rendezvous is not just a beautiful beach, its the most beautiful beach in Antigua. This is the last beach with the Forest meeting the coast. the wild life is unlike anywhere else in the country both terrestrial and marine, I'm talking about untouched, healthy and they gonna take it away. How could the anyone allow this change? immediately behind the beach going up to the Wallings forest is a massive Amerindian site why would development be permitted there? God help us, if this Beach is taken we might as well pack up and hand over the damn country to the bastards. You see if we can't save a place like this what the hell can we do?
ice

#37 Re: Re: Rendezvous Bay

2011-06-30 02:56

#13: MoJoe - Re: Rendezvous Bay

it is the question is why are they permitting this?

#38 #38

2011-06-30 08:45

Please stop the development at Rendezvous Bay! We have enough Hotels in Antigua, some half-empty all year round and if we build more Antigua wil become like Barbados, over built and people with money looking for unspoiled location will stop coming and we will be left with spring-breakers with no money.The governement needs to stop to be soooooo greedy and look at the Island as a treasure to be kept as it is.

2011-06-30 11:38

nature need protection...

2011-06-30 12:38

We have very little left of pristine Antigua: we must therefore endeavour at all cost, to try and preserve what we do have(for now)not only for ourselves but for future generations.

2011-06-30 13:20

Please let your opposition to this proposal be known to the EAG - they need support in the struggle - it will be hard.
BC

#42 Re: Re: Rendezvous Bay

2011-06-30 13:29

#13: MoJoe - Re: Rendezvous Bay

Ironic isn't it but Rendezvous Bay IS PART of the National Park - the conservation designation of this area has to be changed to allow the development - that has to be the first step to challenge.

2011-06-30 16:11

Shame on them,so many empty resorts and developements in Antigua.Perhaps if they take away all the beauty all the resorts will be empty????

2011-06-30 19:02

save it now for ever!

2011-06-30 19:12

It needs to remain untouch, it's one of the last isolated beaches that is worth hiking to. I just wish more locals get involved, later you going to hear they take way all our beaches.

2011-06-30 20:58

Please can we keep some of the beautiful areas in Antigua VIRGIN and UNDEVELOPED for the good of all.
Why not redevelop some of the rundown existing hotels on the Island that are already in beautiful locations but just need modernising or renovation?

2011-07-02 03:01

A wonderful place from which memories develop, not a place for developers to contrive memories paying guests. All strength to the group, hope you are successful

2011-07-02 06:57

Save the bay ! We need to retain our natural tourist attractions!

2011-07-02 14:38

Building in Rendezvous Bay would be one of the most tragic and destructive acts against Antigua's natural beauty and wildlife!

Leave this haven untouched and as one of Antigua proudest treasures!

Merlin Goldsworthy

#50 Re:

2011-07-02 17:29

#31: -

what kind of pickup, and what clour did you see driving on the beach