SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

VM

#326 Hare Hatch closure

2014-02-25 14:04

This is totally unfair and unreasonable, Hare Hatch is a great one stop shop for the community, offering great products and a lovely place to visit. Don't let it go !

2014-02-25 17:01

A customer for more than 12 years, a business must move on to survive, this one provides good service goods that everyone needs for customers with an active leisure and gardening lifestyle, why ho why do Councils have to interfere with a keen successful business team, encourage it don't close it.

2014-02-26 10:27

This is a wonderful garden centre that is fantastic for the local community in many ways, conscientiously using local produce and providing nearby residents with great events, shopping opportunities and a lovely place to meet others. I use it regularly and it would be terrible if it were to be shut down. WBC - please work with this great business to ensure that that does not happen.

2014-02-26 19:16

How crazy is this, we are regular visitors to this garden Centre despite it being 30 miles from where we live.

2014-02-26 23:08

This if lit is forced to close would be a real loss to the community. The effect also on this part of the A4 would be devastating.

2014-03-03 10:13

An excellent garden centre - but is so much more than 'just a garden centre' - helpful friendly staff. Excellent value on everything! Always ready to give advise and help. It would be dreadful if it was not saved.

2014-03-03 11:00

I feel strongly that Hare Hatch Sheeplands should not be prevented from trading as they are a great asset to the community and offer employment for so many local people.

2014-03-06 18:22

Sheeplands at at Hare Hatch is an absolute gem of a centre and its serves a very useful purpose in the community. I took my daughters there over the years and now take my granddaughter in fact we were there only yesterday and she loved the play area and farm and we had a pleasant lunch there. It is absolutely disgrace that Wokingham B.C. is trying to close and take over the site. Pure greed and another perfect example of the 'big stick' approach by a local authority.A message for W.B.C. -you should not lose site of the fact that the local voting public put you in power and can just as easily remove you! You have caused a lot of revulsion and anger in what you are trying to do with this lovely amenity. Please find another site to take, and play your power games with, there are plenty of greenfield sites in the area under your control.

#334 Re: comments 333

2014-03-06 19:00

#333: -

For some unknown reason I note that in my final sentence the computer has decided to change what I actually typed in i.e. "brownfield sites" to "greenfield sites". Maybe WBC has played a devils hand here!

Anna-C

2014-03-07 01:58

Hare Hatch Sheeplands offers the local community an excellent range of gardening and homeware products; and is a great place for meeting friends, entertaining children or just relaxing with an unhurried cup of coffee and a newspaper. With a farm shop that promotes and sells locally grown produce and a variety of interesting and innovative events held throughout the year, the friendly, helpful staff really add to the 'HHS experience' so the management team should be congratulated on providing what local people need, want and enjoy!

Why is the Council wasting public money to pay for management consultants, to write a report for the sole purpose of destroying HHS's business model and the livelihood of its staff and supply chain companies? Yet again, the Council is being subjective and vindictive to a local, independent business. THINK ABOUT HHS when you next vote on polling day!

2014-03-10 15:52

Sheeplands provides a value service that ensures other local businesses remain competitive and do not have a monolply

2014-03-15 13:39

I think small independent outlets should be encouraged there are at least 3 main garden centres in the area, which draws people in. WBC seem to have their own agenda delaying things in the hope that people will lose interest. What do they really see the land being used for in say 10 years when they are under pressure to build houses? I always enjoy going to sheeplands.
doni

#338 The future

2014-03-15 14:03

What is the hidden agenda behind the delaying tactics employed by the W.B.council? Are they hoping we will all forget about it or do they have another plan for the land? They are after all under pressure to provide more and more housing. This is a small independent company providing a service that local people want. Do they want Sheeplands to fail? I think that the nurseries in the immediate area attract people.

2014-03-16 14:08

This garden centre offers a wonderful service in the area and the treatment of them by Wokingham District Council has been totally inconsistent with the way other businesses in the area are treated.

gillycat

#340 Re: Sheeplands Planning Permission

2014-03-18 09:54

What is wrong with governments/local authorities these days. Reading through the previous planning applications it seems to me that WBC have in the past actually approved some of the changes.   It is more beneficial to allow this business to flourish and maintain the jobs already there than to close it down, put people on benefits and leave an unsightly weed covered area of land which no doubt it will revert to. Of course it could be that WBC want it on which to build some of their quota of new homes regardless of whether it is green belt or otherwise. It seems to me that 'greenbelt' is only 'greenbelt' if developers haven't yet offered enough money for it.  In my opinion the whole procedure should be looked at again by a different team of planners especially as they don't seem to be able to get their facts right,  documentation correct and are including planning for completely separate applications form other organizations nothing to do with Sheeplands.

#295: -

2014-03-20 19:45

A local enterprise much loved and enjoyed providing a pleasant place to wander through and get ideas to create your own garden, buy local fruit and veg. and unusual foodstuff. Long may it remain so.

2014-03-21 13:29

HHS is a firm favourite in our community. It's one of the few places that offers choice for customers, rather than having to shop only at 'big name' outlets. It employs a large number of local people. The staff work tirelessly to support a range of charities. What's the problem WBC?? You need to work with HHS to resolve this issue, rather than acting in such a heavy-handed way. What's stopping you from listening to our community?

2014-03-25 14:44

We have been visiting Hare Hatch Sheeplands for a number of years and are always impressed by the quality of the goods for sale and the helpful attitude of the people that work there. Now we have grandchildren we visit more regularly and we always enjoy our visits and invariably end up eating in the cafe where there is a great deal of variety to choose from.

2014-03-25 14:51

I think that to refuse permission for the change of use of these dilapidated glass houses can only be because the other Garden Centres in the immediate area have used undue influence on the planning committee.

2014-03-25 18:27

This is a lovely friendly and very helpful place to go and get my garden supplies, and to drop off for coffee.

2014-04-03 09:12

I will be brief. HHS has provided an alternative to the Big Business centres including the one nearby. It has provided an invaluable service to the local community and either those in Reading. As with all these things, if you were Big Business there would not have been a problem. As one person suggested, use your vote, this is a democratic society, or so they tell us!

2014-04-05 09:27

Biggest choice at reasonable prices of any garden centre in the area. Never just a five minute visit. Will not return to the centre over the road as pricey and unfriendly

2014-04-11 08:48

I think a thriving business like hare hatch nursery is a benefit to the community, this thriving hub should receive encouragement for its endeavours, rather than having the fear of closure hanging over its head. If the council officials spent a few hours of their time at Hare Hatch, they would realise the benefits, not only to the community but the workforce too. Hare Hatch is a definite benefit to the area and once this is realised, Maybe the council will spend their time and money on things that are definitely detrimental to the area.

2014-04-14 07:27

This is the only farm that allows children time to see farm animals without ripping a hole in the parents pocket. I fully support this cause to keep them open so children can enjoy visiting a farm.

2014-04-17 20:10

Hare Hatch Sheeplands is a very special place. It is very friendly and children can have their first experience of being close up to animals, which in turn, helps them to respect them.
The whole environment is safe and happy.
WHY CLOSE SOMETHING DOWN WHICH IS BENEFICIAL TO THE AREA?????!!!!!