SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2014-01-30 19:15

HHS Has grown into a wonderful friendly and very entertaining establishment with good quality products at fair prices. Other local big name commercial outlets have grown, chucked out previous small tenants, offer a massive range of over priced goods that are not really Garden Centre related. I know my place I prefer and my Wife and 7 year old daughter love it too.

Please be reasonable and sensible.

Glenn Curtis
Charvil

2014-01-30 19:38

A well-loved and well-used local business that deserves the support of the council, not to be forced to battle for its survival. Or does Wokingham only want national and muti-national companies in the area, which don't have any local loyalty?

2014-01-30 19:45

I visit this centre regulary from Woodley. The shopping centre in Woodley does not provide permanent greengrocer, butcher only 3 super-markets Waitrose, Lidl and Iceland. Each of these units provide essential living goods but at prices set high. Hare Hatch provides good fresh produce at prices that are reasonable. Also with the fresh produce there is less packaging thus saving re-cycling. Since Hare Hatch opened it has made tidy an area of land that would have gone to waste. Hare Hatch is not out of character with this area of Berkshire in that the ground opposite and across the Bath Road is developed into a garden centre etc. In addition Ladds further down the Bath Road is also developed in the same vein as Hare Hatch. There is competition which can only be good for the people who use these facilities. There are also developments along the road towards Twyford. So Hare Hatch is not out of character with this area in general. Wokingham please see sense as Hare Hatch are doing a splended service to the community and providing employment.

2014-01-30 19:49

I have supported Hare Hatch Sheeplands since I moved to Maidenhead 18years ago when I knew it as a nursery selling very good quality plants.The staff are very friendly and knowedgable and the Farm shop is one of the best in the area I always buy my special meat from therem and we enjoy the coffee shop for lunch at any time. I urge you NOT to curtail their activities

2014-01-30 22:10

I have previously written to the Council on this issue. It would be a traversty to close HHS. The loss of jobs, the loss of a good Garden Centre, shops, cafe and play area with animals and much more for children and parents. A total loss to the community and people who love this place.

2014-01-31 01:05

To close Hare Hatch would not only put people out of work but will close a family style business as opposed to a supermarket style.What will happen to the land, revert to open space which is not a local requirement

2014-01-31 07:47

WBC - We should be supporting our local independent businesses and not supporting the big, characterless chains. I am a regular shopper at HHS. I will not start shopping at Wyevale across the road. Stop the back-handers from the big businesses and start listening to the community!!

2014-01-31 07:50

As a local single mother I would find the closure of Sheeplands a great loss. It is by far the cheapest garden centre around here and the facilities they provide are brilliant. My kids love going here to see the animals and to play. We can have lunch out without it breaking the bank (a rarity)They employ local people from the area and use local produce. All the staff are lovely too and give great customer service because they themselves are treated so well another rarity these days.

2014-01-31 09:18

Hare Hatch is a valuable local resource and they do a tremendous amount of good work for the community. Wokingham Council obviously favour the big players over local enterprise and this isn't what I want from my representatives. shame on them....

2014-01-31 10:24

Sheeplands is a great place to visit and shop, using local produce and must be allowed to stay, it is a shame that a thriving business must fight to keep going and it is about time that the council realised what a fantastic place this is for the communitity and should look for ways to help it not try and close it down.
poppycock

2014-01-31 11:24

We just need to keep this unique place. So good to have independent companies and not huge names everywhere.

2014-01-31 12:12

Harehatch Sheeplands is my favourite place to shop for my garden requirements and lots more. The atmosphere is just brilliant and the staff ever so friendly.The choice of herbs and vegetable plants every spring and summer is just outstanding!!! I can't understand all the fuss that Wokingham Borough Council is making. They should be proud having such an amazing place in their borough.

2014-01-31 14:43

It would be crazy to close this business. Enough Businesses in the area are closing without added a successful one.

2014-01-31 15:09

This is a great business and has a real community feel to it - it definitely would be greatly missed - please keep it open!

2014-01-31 15:56

Sheeplands at Hare Hatch is a valuable asset to the community and to the area. It provides a wide range of goods, services, activities for adults and children. We should celebrate this business for their creativity and enterprise instead of putting up barriers. Also good competition for Wyevale and other such enterprises in the area.

2014-01-31 16:01

I really enjoy visiting Sheeplands to purchase good value plants, trees and seeds. I also enjoy their special offers and evenings. It is a happening place. I also use other garden centres in the area. Competition is GOOD.

2014-01-31 17:57

It is important to keep this local company operating in the area. Unlike similar businesses nearby the profit made by the company is spent locally and its loss will affect lots of Twyford people.

2014-01-31 21:36

More discernment in applying rules needed

2014-01-31 22:13

I like this garden centre all the staff are friendly and helpful. I would hate to see it close not to mention all the jobs lost for the staff. This is an independent centre and I don't see why they are having so much trouble trying to do something they have built up over the years because something - or somebody feels fit to take it away from them. Shame on the lot of you who want to do that.

2014-01-31 23:10

As a local independent business it should be supported. It is a great asset to the local community

2014-02-01 01:43

HARE HATCH IS A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP, FOR FOOD, PLANTS, STONE WARE, GARDEN FURNITURE OR JUST have a BREAKFAST/ COFFEE. We love the place, would hate to see it fold, and really feel Wokingham Council are wasting ratepayers money which is in short supply gunning for them to close it down. Or at best make them survive as a plant nursery. Sham on u

2014-02-01 08:04

I think the loss of this amenity would be a great shame. I live in Wargrave and enjoy having the choice of nurseries,and garden centers so close by.
kjg90

2014-02-01 09:27

Hare Hatch garden centre is a great place to shop, it has many attractions eg. . Magic stone, A country farm shop, plants, gifts, coffee shop, furniture, and lovely staff. I also think Wokingham Council should not be using our money to fight a law suit against them,when next the council come up for election they won't be getting my vote.

2014-02-01 10:45

This garden centre does an awful lot for charity and supports local organisations. None of the other local ones do this. i.e. Chrstmas Grotos. Hare Hatch Sheeplands is the only one to collect for charity. The others have all gone commercial and keep the money themselves. Rotary and Inner Wheel service clubs have been told they cannot work in the other grottos now. We used to. Only Hare Hatch let us raise money. It would be a real shame not to let them continue trading.

2014-02-01 11:15

It appears that while some violations may have been taken of planning moves, other similar liberties have been taken by other organisations without question.