SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition SAVE HARE HATCH SHEEPLANDS.

2013-11-21 19:18

As a family we would be incredibly sad if HHS were forced to cease trading. Our children love the play facilities and we are big users of the cafe and the farm shop. There are few local businesses who provide such a welcoming atmosphere and we value it highly.

2013-11-21 20:39

Lovely friendly nothing too much bunch of people. worthy of signicant support.

2013-11-22 08:56

As a customer for more than 30 years of Sheepland's Farm Shop, now based at Hare Hatch Nursery, I have now read and re-read with increasing disgust the above Enforcement Notice. This must be one of the most disgraceful documents that has emanated from WBC Planning Dept. for a very long time! The phrase "scraping the bottom of the barrel" comes to mind. For WBC to instigate this action at this time is illogical and unreasonable bearing in mind the fact that not only have they been kept informed of all developments at the site but in addition the tone of the Enforcement Order appears to run completely contrary to the spirit of the Inspector's decision following the last public enquiry! WBC appear to be doing everything in their power to destroy this company. WHY!

2013-11-22 20:32

How could you close this?!
Joycie

#80 Subject

2013-11-24 10:52

I'm begining to think that the WBC "MIGHT" have a hidden agenda here. Maybe someone has come to them with a rather large bundle of cash to build on a certain site? Just saying. It seems that what ever the reason, WBC will be closing down this fine place. This is owned and run by LOCALS, employing LOCALS, providing many services to LOCALS. Seems to me the WBC isnt interested in what us LOCAL people are interested in, unless it lines their pockets. Why not try to do whatever is possible to keep a business alive rather than squashing it out. I bet they would be concerned if it was election time. Spend the money on repairing the shocking state of OUR roads and pavements rather than having a pop at the small business. I bet they wouldn't be going through this hassle with a major corporation who have an endless supply of litigation funds? Back off and help the LOCALS!!

2013-11-24 18:25

Valuable asset to the community with its garden centre, excellent farm shop, cafe and children's play area. I'd be upset if it were to close - my children would be devastated!

2013-11-28 16:09

Please save Hare Hatch Sheeplands, it would be a big loss to the area if it is closed.

2013-11-30 13:31

HHS is widely thought of as part of Twyford village.
We know people who often come here from beyond Caversham because it is so good.
HHS outshines its competitors in terms of quality of staff, service, products and services - all at reasonable prices.

We don't want to loose this major asset within our village just because authorities feel that they have to win a long war.

How about an early fair compromise in the interests of all parties, except perhaps of inferior competitors?

2013-11-30 14:11

Please, Wokingham, it would be in everyone's interests to find a "win-win" solution to permit continuation of this principal asset in our area.

Please support the valuable and good, and use your resources to fight real threats to our area.

2013-11-30 14:17

We need HHS. Please don't spoil it or close it. No alternative is as good.

2013-11-30 19:54

I cant understand how something that has improved a derilict site and transformed it into a garden centre / farm shop and provided 100+ jobs plus local suppliers of produce etc should still be under review. Absence of previous employees dealing with this  from the council due to illness holding up the review is crazy .. no other business would get away with delaying judgement / ability to trade due to illness; someone else from the council should have to deal with it. The treatment of this business and the uncertainity / impact on the employees as to whether they have a job or not is appalling and the garden centre is not unslightly and better than a wasteland. The centre also has good links with traders in Twyford. What is the issue or is it a nearby garden centre objecting. Long live sheeplands

2013-12-02 18:40

This business has been operating, I understand, for some 20 years. An enforcement order for the closure of the business smacks of Big Brother. What is the reason for the enforcement and perhaps more importantly, whose pocket, or which developers pocket, is likely to be lined by the enforcement? The site was rescued from dereliction, will it be allowed to return as such...I think not. Somebody has a hidden agenda!

2013-12-02 18:53

There is obviously a hidden agenda here. Come on WBC, own up and let us know who is going to benefit financially if you persist in trying to close this business down! I don't live locally and travel some distance to get to HHS. It is worth every mile of my journey as the 'Family' atmosphere is worth ten times the 'Clinical' approach of the larger garden centres (the ownership of most of which would surprise many people!) Play fair WBC!

2013-12-03 15:11

Harehatch is an asset to the community and, most importantly, is privately owned. A great deal of work has gone into the project and it will be a great shame if any disagreements cannot be resolved.

2013-12-05 18:16

This is such a lovely place to visit, the staff are so helpful and there's something for everyone - gardening products, plants, food, lovely cafe and interest for children.

2013-12-06 15:00

I cannot believe in this era of job loss that a decision to restrict sheeplands is sensible. It is unique in the area,to such an extent that we travel several miles to visit the centre. I would implore you to reconsider this decision.

2013-12-06 16:04

What would I do without Harehatch/Sheeplands? And please don't tell me there are plenty of other garden centres in the near vicinity. I know that, but prefer Harehatch for quality of both plants and service, possibly a result of the daily hands-on dedication to his business by Rob Scott for the past twenty years!

2013-12-08 15:22

We have been regular visitors to sheeplands for many years and would be at a loss to find anywhere else that provides such a broad spectrum of goods and facilities, especially for local people easily accessible on foot and bicycle in addition to other forms of transport. It attracts families in particular and being independent it is constantly changing the products and services it provides. The cafe in particular is the best in the area. It would leave us very bereft if it was to close down.

2013-12-15 13:53

Do not allow this business to be destroyed.

2013-12-15 17:21

This is a great asset to the area. please do not close the non farm retail.

2013-12-15 17:21

Save Have hare hatch

2013-12-15 19:54

It would be sad to lose such a brill place that caters for the young

#98 HHS

2013-12-19 13:18

Crazy - thats all that can be said. Let common sense prevail and come to an acceptable agreement WBC!!
Mike

#99 The best garden centre in the Reading area

2013-12-21 14:45

It's not our nearest garden centre but it's by far the best - the difference between an independent family-run business and a conglomerate whose only aim is to cut costs really shows. Really family-friendly, a great day out. I'm sure the competitors across the road would like to see it go, but the customers certainly wouldn't.
jokenmaidenhead

2013-12-23 17:29

My wife and I have been satisfied customers at Sheeplands for many years and find the quality and range  of products second to none.We would sadly miss our trips to Twyford if the Local Council were to force closure,and strongly ask them to re-examine the situation,as Sheeplands provides a service we need including a platforn for local Artisans when Sheeplands have their special events. The importance of continued employment for Sheeplands hardworking staff should be at the top of the considerations by the Council!