Steve's High Five Petition

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Steve's High Five Petition.

2013-11-07 18:50

I'll bet the complainant has never stepped a foot out of their warm car and met Steve. If they had, there views would be different I'm sure and if not, they're living in the wrong community. WBC - why don't you focus on fixing the pot holes in the pavements nearby as they are a lot more dangerous! Ridiculous rule and it's only the kids that lose out in the end.

2013-11-07 19:00

A Plymouth lollipop man quit in October over the same stupid rule (www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-24516676) and now there is no-one to help the children cross the road. Warrington Council - Don't let this happen in Appleton and apologise now before we lose a star and you lose a lot of voters.

2013-11-07 23:39

What a ridiculous reason to sack a man for. For goodness sake, get a grip. How dare you sack this man for having a positive relationship with the pupils of the school that cross the road.

2013-11-08 13:24

Warrington Borough Council should give more explanation than this. Their approach to road safety is a disgrace, for a start the whole of Bridge lane should be an enforced 20 limit but they'd rather blame the kids for not looking. Blame the vulnerable and keep the traffic grinding on.

2013-11-08 17:16

As an ex lollypop lady I know what the job is about. The kids are great as are most of the adults. With you all the way Steve. Good luck.

2013-11-10 21:12

Steve brings so much happiness into people's lives and importantly teaches children respect for people in authority positions. I'm disgusted at his treatment after so many years of service on the basis of only one foul complaint, from somebody that obviously has no appreciation for the good that he does. We should be able to complain and petition that the wretched person that complained be banned from using the road that Steve has so honourably guarded. Upset because he "slows down traffic" well surely that to an extent is the purpose of a lollipop man. We're sorry our children's safety and happiness stopped you from rushing to whatever appointment or meeting you may have had. Imbecile.
Appleton Patrol

#82 Re: True & False

2013-11-11 21:10

#79: -

Within the council there are many different sections which make up and look after different sections. The road safety team does not choose the speed limits and road layouts of the roads of warrington, nor are they in charge of fixing potholes.

Therefore i suggest that before you make comments like this, you do proper research before making demands such as they appologise.

Also for future reference, Steve Allsop, was not and has not been fired and is still woking for the council in Appleton.

2013-11-22 22:25

how about a petition to sack the entire warrington council and a petition to execute the miserable cow who complained in the first place

2015-02-26 16:04

I saw this on the bbc news website and it made me see the stupidity of the government and local councils, they try and stop someone who's making a difference and helping kids cross the road safely just because he's not following a stupid rule that is pointless. The governemt and council always go for the little guys because it's easier to screw them over!!!!! And good luck with the petition

2016-01-06 22:13

Because i believe he is innocent. And he should be able to have some kind of life.