Save The Saint Rose Tavern

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save The Saint Rose Tavern.

Tony

#76 St Rose Tarvern

2013-11-13 20:55

On behalf of myself and my wife, it is of deep regret that we are recieving this news. This site is a window into the past for us, a look at how things were. We enjoy Ms. Patsy and her girls. It seems that there is something that can be done. If the owner is interested, and the clientel of the tavern are interested, I'd be willing to do a public buy out, then donate the property back to Ms. Pasty. If this sounds like an idea, lets see how much interest we can generate.
Cindy

#77 St.Rose Tavern

2013-11-13 21:10

We hung out at the tavern as kids. We had a blast there! It should stay up for others to enjoy

2013-11-14 00:56

It is an icon!

2013-11-14 01:03

Have they´ve tried for a historical landmark?

2013-11-14 01:43

I love this place!!!

2013-11-14 03:07

St. Charles Parish landmark!
Nicholas Monk
The author of this petition

#82 Re: St Rose Tarvern

2013-11-14 13:10

#76: Tony - St Rose Tarvern Ijust forwarded this to Amanda and I'm going to be pushing this for you!!

2013-11-14 14:05

I have been chased out of her kitchen, but still like to go there.

2013-11-14 16:22

That's history for a lot of people don't take the memory away

2013-11-14 19:45

St Rose tavern is an ICON in the area. It is part of our local history. They have been there for almost a hundred years. People of all ages go there for the food and comradary. People my age from that area have grown up going there. We remember Patsy when she was little and working behind the counter with her mother, just as her kids are doing now. It would be a total shame for this place to not exist anymore. Patsy and her daughters have done alot for the area and it is time we attempt to do something in return. My visits back home to see my mother and family members are always marked with a visit to St. Rose Tavern. For once I in these troubling, economically depressed, uncertain tmes it would be nice to hear some good news for a change, (like St. Rose Tavern remaining open and ran by Patsy and her daughters).
Nicholas Monk
The author of this petition

2013-11-14 20:43

Let's try to get everyone that signed to leave a memory and comment on this page, it will be given to Amanda this evening to be shown to their landlord tomorrow when they meet. Let's show him all the life's he's affecting. So leave your memory that was made at the tavern. Please nothing mean or hateful towards the owner, Mrs. Patsy and her family have a hard enough fight on their hands let's not complicate anything. Thanks guy's!

2013-11-14 23:02

I remember the Colemans telling the Elfer family that they could rent and live there FOREVER !!!

2013-11-15 03:21

I think it's terrible that the owner wants to take away fine memories of many generations to substitute it with the coldness of newness. To much progress. We need places of warmth. Like the Tavern. Who's gonna be able to afford the prices of a newly built place. Places of business are closing down daily because people just don't have the extra money anymore. If it ain't broke.......don't fix it.

2013-11-15 03:56

Why in the hell would anyone want to close this down. It is a staple in St. Charles Parish.
elfer girl

#90 Thank you

2013-11-15 09:31

I want to thank everyone for there kind words, you have no idea how loved we feel. It's not just my family Mr. Coleman is affecting It's every ones family. Many of our customers grew up coming to the tavern, generations going back to the 20's. The stories these walls could tell would be a top seller! Many people would never of even thought to come to the small city of St. Rose if it wasn't for the tavern. We've grown so much in since  85 after my grandma passed away from breast cancer. I remember as a young child film crews coming either for a movie shot, commercial, magazine add, TV series, and music videos. We helped put St. Rose Tavern on the map along side the great plantations in St. Charles Parish as a top place to visit. The overwhelming amount of support we are receiving is graciously appreciated, you guys and gals are our extended family and we love each and every one of you. We can't thank Y'all enough for everything. Even if things don't turn out the way we hope the important thing is we tried with every ounce of heart and soul we have to save this historic icon. The ST. ROSE TAVERN 91 years and counting!
- Jessica Elfer

2013-11-15 13:57

Save The St. Rose Tavern!
Lori B. Duplessis

2013-11-15 14:47

Taking this business location away from Patsy, will put her in her grave. I beg for the owners to consider renewing her lease.

2013-11-15 14:51

Closing Pugene's would end an era in St. Charles Parish. Pasty and her girls are a part of the community and the history of the families that have visited there for generations. No visit "home" is complete without a stop at the Tavern. There is NOT a single, good reason for this to happen to them.

2013-11-15 15:14

this is the biggest jackass decision ever made

2013-11-15 17:02

Can not put into words how sad I think this is.
Sid

#96 Re: keep me in the loop please?

2013-11-15 17:04

#86: Nicholas Monk -

I may have some valuable ideas about how we might really help them. If it comes to pass, I will send you my personal contact information. I have been sending the link to this petition to the Lawyer's office e-mail account every day to keep them informed on the community support... but signatures do not put a roof over your head, or pay the bills. :-( Perhaps if it's needed, we can help with that, too.

2013-11-15 17:14

My hometown won't be the same without this building, without that family, without the great food and atmosphere staying the same as its always been. Please don't don't take this away from us.

2013-11-15 17:32

Home to more people in this parish, plus Patsy and family, than anyone knows.

2013-11-16 01:27

I can't live without the salsa!! and the roast beef po boys--the BEST!! Plus, a step back in time with warm wait staff and friendly customers.

2013-11-18 15:05

This place is an icon! My husband and I spent a lot of time there when we were dating. That was 40 years ago. Please don't put an end to such a big piece of history!