TRANSFORM THE CAR PARK, cnr 3rd & 7th Aves, Parktown North

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition TRANSFORM THE CAR PARK, cnr 3rd & 7th Aves, Parktown North.

2013-12-13 12:16

I think that this important part of Parktown North will bring much more pleasure to home owners and visitors once it has been cleaned up and is looked after.

2013-12-13 12:18

I visit this area regularly and would love to see it transformed into a much friendlier place.
Paul

2013-12-13 12:33

Once again COJ doing a fantastic job of servicing our suburb. Not!

#4 TRANSFORM THE CAR PARK, cnr 3rd & 7th Aves, Parktown North

2013-12-13 12:43

Although I am not sure how it can double as a park and a car park.

2013-12-13 12:58

I fully agree with your sentiments re: the parking lot but changing it to a "village Green" with a bit of parking etc is not going to solve the issues of vagrants, mess, security etc. etc.

2013-12-13 13:03

This area is a disgrace. You cant walk past this area without some form of insult hurled at you by tramps or chocking to death on the smell! Its astonishing the city can allow this in the middle of a suburb. In fact, the entire 7th/3rd and 6th/3rd is a dreadful. No painted lines, no policing, 3rd is used as an off loading bay for Wombles, Turn and Tender and the hideous Foundery drinking hole.

2013-12-13 13:03

The condition of the car park has has indeed deteriorated badly over hat past number of years. It has the potential to be a vibrant "village square" which reflects the activities and aspiration of the community, more adequately. Perhaps the solution could come through an urban landscape/design competition?

2013-12-13 13:14

The situation regarding the parking ground is not consistent with a World Class City in Africa

2013-12-13 18:44

The recommended upgrade is much needed and a very worthwhile longterm
project. I trust that the community includes the many restaurant who benefit from this upgrade?

2013-12-14 00:33

For all Parktown North and surrounding suburbs. I live next door the Park 'n Ride. No one knows better than me what is happening there. Unless something drastic is motivated by us, the householders, this will not only be the cause in the drop in value of your properties by lowering the image of the area, it will be the nest of crime both now and in the future.

2013-12-14 07:49

We live in 11th Avenue and applaud you for your efforts. Please let us know what we can do to support you further in this initiative. Gill Crawford

2013-12-14 10:56

It is gathering point for the homeless and criminals and over the past months has shown increasing deterioration. Business in the suburb of Parktown North on these streets should also contribute as there are just worried about themselves and not the environment.
Rusty

2013-12-15 14:18

Is the bus stop still operational? Was not the origin of the parking for "park-and-ride" patrons of the bus service? If this is no longer the case, than there is hardly a need for the car park, unless it is for the use more now by patrons of the restaurants in the area, including the irritation which is the Foundry. In my view it is this establishment alone that has put pressure on the parking...so while it is in the interests of the community to clean up the area I believe that all the restaurants in the area also have an interest and should contribute to cleaning up the filth (both human and otherwise) that now contaminates the parking area. While I am happy to sign the petition, it would be useful to know what exactly is meant by "a multi-functional, community-centered Village green while still functioning as a car park". I await to hear more details with interest.

2013-12-16 09:22

thank you for such active involvement with the suburb.

2013-12-17 06:54

Remove the carpark

2013-12-17 07:46

This is not a good time of year to receive maximum support for your cause. You might want to obtain an extension of the 14 January 2014 deadline, and again circulate this petition after 15 January when most residents have returned from holiday and attend to e-mails again.

#17 Parking in Parktown North

2013-12-17 10:27

Our company is on 7th Avenue. the parking is a complete nightmare especailly at this time of year. We have people parking in front of our gate because the drunk guard from Full Stop tells them to park there. We have had a no Parking sign put up to no avail.An operational parking lot would make a world of difference. Imagane a multi story parking that would get rid of the riff raff that hangs out at the terminus - it would be fantastic. the beggar that hangs out at that robot is another issue because he only shops at woolies!!! We cannot remove the car park... whoever says that obviously does not actually have parking problems in this area. I dont think a villiage green is the answer because it will take away most of the parking and not get rid of the vagrants. The parking needs to be run like the one over the road at the nandos/ woolies center. People need to pay for parking. the other issue is that people park on the ben outside the local grill on a red line - again at rush hour it is hectic to try and get through that robot.

2013-12-19 09:05

The Parking Situation in Parktown North is terrible especially with all the restaurants that have opened.

2013-12-23 11:42

If by 'village green' you mean a municipal park and facilities of some sort, then neglect and deterioration will follow, as is the case with most Johannesburg parks. Only a regulated, paid parking scheme (as across the road) will reduce incentives for informal car guards and the associated activities.
Parktown North resident

2013-12-23 11:49

I think a paid parking is a great idea. If run by the PNRA then maybe the income can help the community. We all know the council is stretched dor funds and yet we have lots to do in our suburb. We are being pushed out of our suburb by businesses, so will support any community driven initiative

2014-01-06 16:58

Unacceptable that and infrastructure of this nature is built with so many restaurants, inadequate parking and no foresight as to the danger of such a small entrance and exit.
Anne

#22 Parking...

2014-01-15 12:30

Our suburb really needs the extra parking that the carpark provides but it is a mess and needs a clean up. Certainly turning into a high desity development is untenable from a traffic and services perspective.

2014-01-15 12:41

Area needs cleaning up urgently, it is a mess!

2014-01-15 14:05

It's totally outrageous that consideration is being given to increasing population levels in this area. The roads, the infrastructure and the policing, especially traffic control, are all in state of collapse.

#25 Car Park

2014-01-15 14:06

I hope they find a place for Cynthia and her fantastic food cart in the new car park plans. If you haven't bought her food yet, you're missing some of Joburgs finest street food.