Save our Teacher Mrs Mckenzie-Reid from losing her job at Ernulf

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save our Teacher Mrs Mckenzie-Reid from losing her job at Ernulf.

2014-02-13 09:41

I am extremely saddened to hear that there is even any thought that Mrs Mckenzie-Reid may lose her job. Mrs Mckenzie-Reid does not deserve to lose her job, she did more for my son in helping him to regain his confidence in learning than all the other teachers that my son had teach him in his primary and secondary school years. Do not lose this wonderful teacher.

2014-02-15 12:26

Mrs McKenzie Reed has helped my daughter who has a mild learning disability, without the help and support of this lady, I don't know how my daughter would have coped through school. I would just like to say that if she is under qualified, surely this means she has an understanding with the pupils she teaches, whereas teachers who have been to university and got their qualifications and haven't struggled with the learning aspect, surely won't understand why some children struggle and will then get fustrated with the children. Mrs McKenzie Reed is a patient and understanding lady to these children and i think is an asset to the school. Without her I think the teachers who will struggle as they won't have the time to spend on the individual pupils that need the extra help and support.

2014-02-16 20:36

Mrs Mckenzie-Reid use to teatch me and without her and the vocational class, I would never of made it through school. Thankyou to Mrs Mckenzie-Reid and the other staff members I recived the help and support I needed.

2014-02-16 22:24

Mrs Mckenzie-Reid tought my daughter and without her help and support she would of really struggled

2014-03-17 20:26

the school NEED this lady
the one bellows little sister !

2014-03-30 15:19

my sisters at this school and mrs McKenzie-reaid has helped her loads and she has been doing alot better with help from mrs McKenzie-read putting all these student back into main stream with be a bad idea.

Elika Evans!

2014-03-30 15:25

look iv been in youth award for nearly 8months now and since I have been in there I have been doing so much better. with out miss McKenzie-reaid I would have been out of this school by now, getting rid of her is the biggest mistake the school have made, so many kids will end up leaving or getting kicked out. this school is going to get such a bad name. they should be getting rid of teachers who don't do there job properly or haven't been there as long. I think there stupid for what they are doing!

2014-03-30 15:42

this teacher has done so much for me, with out her I would be long gone out of this school, there making a massive mistake! all they are thinking about is saving money! they should be getting rid of the teachers who cant handle us students and not doing there job properly! they should not be getting rid the only teacher who can handle children with special needs or any other problems for that matter. ernulf are making the biggest mistake ever doing this!!!

2014-03-30 15:53

if she goes a lot off these students will be taken out off this school !!!!

2014-03-30 15:59

Miss Mckenzie-Reed has helped me and many other people within Ernulf Academy, we would be lost without her, the only teacher who helps anyone, she accepts everyone for who they are. She helps not only people with educational need but any other needs. The school will fall apart without her!

2014-03-30 16:07

They shouldn't get rid of her because she has helped and supported so many people in this school and if we didn't have her, I wouldn't cope and would most likely not be here today. She's an amazing person and the school wouldn't be the same without her! She understands and accepts peoples flaws and helps them with there problems! Please don't get rid of her!
Brooke hockey!!!!!

2014-03-30 22:18

Miss has been there 27 years!! And she has helped so many of us when it is needed she gives us great support!! You can not put some of them children back into main stream or send them to bar groves they need miss Mckenzie reed!!! She has helped me get my level one and two English and maths because I can not get a c+ !! You are making a huge mistake getting rid of her!! She runs round and sorts everyone problems out and never has time to get self she comes back into school at 5 and does coffee bar till 8 she does so much for this school!! And you don't even see it!! She should be getting a good medal for everything she has done not the sack!!!

2014-03-30 23:02

All Children have equal rights to an education suited to their needs. Why disadvantage the disadvantaged? If savings need to be made to the school budget, removing the teacher who so wonderfully supports the most vulnerable students, is not the place for them to be found.

2014-03-31 21:45

The school are making a big mistake if you get rid of her. You will cause havoc and outbreak around the school with out of hand children. You will not be able to control them the way mrs has for 27 years! She understands them, supports them and makes them feel much better about themselves. Why would you get rid of a teacher who puts hope and faith into her students to do well and make success with there lives? Why would you ruin her career and what she's built all over these years? Why would you ruin a child's hope in rehabilitating themselves, they learn to improve and to show everyone how well they've done ! They don't just how everyone else but they prove to themselves how well they have accomplished there goals and ail to reach higher! What else can you ask from a student who needs help? They learn respect, loyalty, understanding and most of all determination to succeed! Also why would you deprive them of learning how to control there anger and there problems? I'm sorry but mrs does all theses things to help and to encourage those who need help and she doesn't disregard there feelings like all the other teachers and push them aside and treat them differently! She sits down for hours on no end teaching those to read and write, the most basic things but they wouldn't of done this with any other teacher, why? Because teachers aim to look in the best in people and of they are a handful they push to one side! Also she helps those with autism, those who have dyslexia, ADHD, learning difficiulties, and those who are even disabled and unable to access the full attention in class when you are finding it difficult. I'm sorry but you are making a big mistake! Please think because not only are you disappointing and upsetting those who have relied and got attached too but the school will go downhill and get a bad reputation!

2021-06-01 08:39

Unfortunately, sometimes we can face such unfair situations

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2021-06-03 10:49

2021-06-03 10:51

I really respect you for your initiative and desire to help a person. At the very least, I would like to thank you and support you and your teacher for this. Also, just in case, I would like to share more info regarding the job search, in case it is not possible to keep her current position. There are many vacancies on the internet. The main thing is to know where to look.