Keep john Quinlan working for the beechwood playscheme

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Keep john Quinlan working for the beechwood playscheme.

#76 john quinlan

2014-03-22 11:29

my husband, Dave Richards had worked with John for many years until retirement and we agree with everything that has been written about him. It's absolutely ridiculous to take him away when he knows everything and everyone on the estate. It's another bad move by the council. as far as I'm concerned its the thin edge of the wedge, moving John is just the next step towards closure.
We don't live on the estate now but we know from experience how close knit everyone is so come on Beechwood stand up and be counted don't go down without a fight. June Richards

#77 john quinlan

2014-03-22 12:00

I have known John for many years, and have worked with him until I retired, and would just like to say what a brilliant playworker he is. He is working in his spiritual home on Beechwood, where he has the respect of the community and the kids, past and present. It would be a great shame to move him. So lets have a rethink and listen to what the community are saying for once.
Dave Richards

2014-03-22 12:36

It's disgraceful what wirral council are doing to the children of this borough. That Julie Hassle one was on Granada reports last night trying to defend wirral councils actions by closing that school for all those poor children with disabilities. All the play centres are closing they took woodchurch and two have closed on the town centre what are my grandchildren supposed to do. The play centres are good for the children they help them develop learn things go on trips and holidays and the council are taking all that off them! It's wrong. That Julie Hassle one was saying last night about a consultation or somethin before they shut that disabilities school although we all no it will still get closed. Well what i want to know is did the council or that Julie hassle consult with any parents or residents from the estate before they decided it was a good idea to take john from the little centre. We're is are consultation then wirral council your nothing but crooks saving your own necks and to hell with all the kiddies on the street hang your head in shame the lot of you

2014-03-22 18:00

A pillar of the community an absolute legend to many on the ford/beechwood estate an not just the children he's been the soul of the beechwood social for many years hats off to you john your an absolute credit to yourself an your family

2014-03-23 13:09

Wirral council are a joke they need to listen to the parents and children who use these play schemes why change things that work well for all concerned and how do they expect to cut workers hours in half losing half their wages who makes up the shortfall these workers have dedicated their lifes for children to go to a safe and happy place to play after school hope John wins this fight with the council .

2014-03-23 16:50

Keep john Quinlan at the beechwood play centre

2014-03-23 16:53

Keep john Quinlan at beechwood playcentre

2014-03-24 20:39

John was always there when was a kid, and has given so much to the community. He's a good man and a hard worker. Wirral council you should be ashamed of yourself if you let him go!

2014-03-24 20:45

Just keep this great person at this play centre as I have grown up around this great ambasorter , he is an amazin man an all the kids on the beechwood would loose a very nice man if not friend in my shoes. He is labelled as as a father figuer throught out the estate ! Losin this great guy would be like losin a family memeber ! So please for the kids an future kids of the estate please keep his role open! Manny thanks m.blake

2014-03-24 20:53

Just keep this great person at this play centre as I have grown up around this great ambasorter , he is an amazin man an all the kids on the beechwood would loose a very nice man if not friend in my shoes. He is labelled as as a father figuer throught out the estate ! Losin this great guy would be like losin a family memeber ! So please for the kids an future kids of the estate please keep his role open! Manny thanks m.blake

2014-03-24 21:02

A big tragedy to all parties if john is removed from the estate. Never has any estate had such a worthy embassador. Needs recognition not removing. Please keep John.

2014-03-24 22:04

Making john leave the centre would be like pushing god off his throne!!! You just don't do it!!!...enough said!!...:)
John is a true asset to the nurturing and growth of the young minds of the beechwood, it would be a huge loss to young and old if he did not remain in his role:)

2014-03-25 07:11

Children respond better to people they know and respect

2014-03-25 08:03

disgraceful decision...dont know john personally but know of him..to take him away from the beechwood considering he is a main community member is just very silly position..
give the man his job back..he has deserved it
good luck john x

2014-03-25 11:05

all my children attended the beechwood centre,and our all grown up with their children now attending.John Quinlin is a gentleman and perfect role model for any child.He supports them and helps them make the right choices in life.The centre ls his life,not just for the wage,but all the children are his extended family.I think the beechwood centre go hand in hand together.Please dont lose a person who has good old fashioned values,as they are hard to find these days.

2014-03-25 19:10

This decision is absolutely disgusting! Wirral council at it's finest!! I read on someone's post earlier think it might if been Ian's that there's a meeting with Mr Chan & Lynsey someone (can't remember her 2nd name) guys if you get no where with the organ grinders then it's Julia Hassal and Graeme Burgess you need to speak to and you need A LOT of publicity before their two PA's will attempt to schedule you in their diarys lol!! Listen, keep fighting the good fight! We all know john is the sticking glue to the centre, pads got a higher job hasn't he so there be times he's called away etc can you honestly say are kids will be ok with no John there to keep the peace. We all no kids off the estate can get rowdy etc. with no big john an pad doing his other job who knows what the f@&k will happen! No disrespect to the other workers like but we all no johns the fella to have in your corner when there's trouble like. Every kid, mam dad, cat dog & pigeon respect that fella! About time the council did too ay!

2014-03-25 19:54

I know thia means alot to John and his family and the whole community in fact.

He's got a lot of support, this just proves what he means to everyone.

2014-03-25 20:10

I have alot of great memories from the play centre and other kids should get the same chance John has ran that place amazingly for years and I for one think it should be saved keeps the kids of the streets

2014-03-25 20:49

Keep signing people!!

2014-03-25 21:54

It's vital that John is kept on this estate as he will not be fully appreciated at another venue.

2014-03-25 22:24

He's part of the fabric of the little centre. Be a really sad day if John had to move or leave. Keep John there for the kids off our estate.

2014-03-25 22:37

Done xxxx

2014-03-25 22:48

Keep the man working here thanks

2014-03-26 22:17

Please re-instate John,he is the best you will ever get

2014-04-01 11:35

John quinlan has worked with the children of the beechwood estate for well over 20 years , he is also a f riend to all who come across him especially the children off the estate, I personally have the utmost respect and trust with john. I think thst the removal of john would have a massive effect on the community as a whole because of the trust the parents have with john and thats taking nothing away from the other people who work in the beechwood centre. John quinlan is a pillar of the community and I fear that his removal will only jeopardise the trust that the community has within the centre.