KEEP MS JO SHUTER AT KING SOLOMON

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP MS JO SHUTER AT KING SOLOMON.

2014-05-08 10:09

I will be gutted if she has to leave the education of my kids is paramount Jo Shuter is best head I've ever seen the improvements so far are unbelievable

2014-05-08 10:16

For the short time that Ms Shuter has been Headteacher at King Solomon High School, I have only seen major improvements filtering through the student, the teachers. This woman is hungry for change.

Ms Shuter is a highly respected headteacher both my children speak very highly of her and do not want her to leave!

Mrs Green

2014-05-08 10:38

only met children who really like her and have reaped the positives from the changes

2014-05-08 10:54

Not only did Ms Shuter give me hope, she gave my son the opportunities that he deserved and under her leadership he has thrived. I will be deeply saddened if she is not given the opportunity to continue the wonderful work that she has started with such passion and enthusiasm.

2014-05-08 13:04

Mrs Shuter is an amazing Headteacher and has implemented so many good ideas in a relatively short time. There are not enough Headteachers and to get rid of a Headteacher with an amazing track record with great leadership qualities is absolutely ludicrous. My children speak extremely highly of her.  I believe any crime however small should receive a form of punishment but not at the expense of so many children.

2014-05-08 13:17

Jo Shuter has such incredible vision, and the motivation and drive to make the changes that the school so desperately needs in light of the negative legacy left behind by the previous headteacher. In the short time that she has been there, OFSTED noted the positive changes, as did the parents and most importantly the pupils. If she is not reinstated, this will be an enormous loss to KS and I defy any replacement to even begin to match the quality and calibre that Jo Shuter has brought - and would continue to bring - to the role. Punishment for her crime, yes, but to this degree and at the expense of our kids' education, definitely not!
Mitch

#7 She has done well for the school

2014-05-08 13:33

To get suspend or get rid of somebody who has done good for the school is crazy. People on the board need to look at themselves and what they do when sitting in their ivory towers. Ms Schuter my have done other things not associated with KS, but that should not impact on the future of the school and the pupils. Everything she has done is for the greater good for KS and not for idiots who sit on the board of guvnors to decide when they have no idea themselves. You have to be careful what you wish for otherwise it all comes tumbling down. Positive things have happened at KS since she was installed. If she is left to the running of the school and nothing else then fine. Let sombody deal with finances etc and she will turn the school around and improve the legacy of the school and its OFSTED report which its predecessor runied

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-05-08 13:49

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-05-08 13:49

2014-05-08 14:28

She's great. Let her stay

2014-05-08 15:39

look at the bigger picture, she was starting to turn the school around. She does not have to be involved in any finances, education is the most important issue.
Concerned Parent

2014-05-08 16:36

Whilst I don't doubt she has done a lot of good work in the school and she is well liked amongst us parents and students, she was appointed whist under investigation, at which point she had not admitted to any of the allegations and was therefore inncocent until proven otherwise. Now that she had admitted to some of the allegations, surely their hands are tied. However much the governors believe in Ms Shuter, she has confessed, and by law, they have to act on that. Had a member of staff (teaching or otherwise) admitted to any criminal offences, they too would be suspended.

2014-05-08 16:54

Mrs Shuter may have done wrong in the past, but at the end of the day everyone makes mistakes and should be given another chance. WE NEED MRS SHUTER AT K.S!!
Rochelle

2014-05-08 16:54

I cannot condone what has been done but it is in the past and Ms Shuter has been truthful about it. She has implemented sterling change so far and she has the  ability and knowledge needed to take our school all the way to the top

This post has been removed by the author of this petition (Show details)

2014-05-08 17:08

2014-05-08 17:14

#17 Re: She has done well for the school

2014-05-08 17:22

#7: Mitch - She has done well for the school

it was not the Governing body - it was a decision of the Council of Teachers

2014-05-08 18:18

I have a child leaving KS this year and another starting in two years time..l will certainly be thinking twice about sending my youngest son to KS if Ms Shuter isn't there

2014-05-08 19:55

It is very difficult to appoint a head these days, let alone one with a proven track record. Jo Shuter has made an impact in a short space of time. She understands our children and is the appropriate person to lead the school during this period of transition.
JM

#20 Is it just me ?

2014-05-08 20:12

yes i agree she has done wonders for the school and made some welcome changes BUT she is unprofessional in her friendly manner says way too much to wrong people ie pupils about firing/getting rid of teachers not enjoying celebrations such as purim! and other jewish holidays (i was under the impression KSHS is still a orthodox Jewish school?!) and generally dis respecting members of staff to pupils (our children)

Is this really a way we want a headteacher to behave ??  or is it just me ?

2014-05-08 20:38

2014-05-08 20:39

Harvey Lexton

2014-05-08 21:14

Jo Shuter has improved this school in the two and a bit terms she has been employed there. What she allegedly did at her previous school has nothing to do with her work at KSHS. If the teaching council allows her to carry on teaching there is no valid reason why she should not return.
Parents should think of their children's academic future.

2014-05-08 21:30

We have yet to hear Jo Shuters side, as i understand it there is a gagging order. You don’t have to agree with everything she says or does but no one else can offer her commitment, passion and ability to drive the school forward! Our son has been so impressed by her. She gives him time and understanding. . Pragmatically the best option we have for the future of KS is Jo Shuter

2014-05-08 21:59

There is one thing I am yet to understand, if it was YOU (you who signed this petition) that she would have stolen from thousands of pounds, would you still want her to head the school of your child? Just because she stole from another school (and she admited to that, this is no rumor) does not make it ok for her to head a Jewish Orthodox School. It's sending out the wrong message.