KEEP MS JO SHUTER AT KING SOLOMON

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition KEEP MS JO SHUTER AT KING SOLOMON.

2014-05-13 13:53

Appealing is a waste of time. U commit the crime u do the time!

2014-05-13 14:02

What a great day for KS. Now we can get back to the school it deserves to be. A Jewish community at the heart of it. For those so called Jewish parents that aren't bothered can move on to another school and celebrate Xmas!

2014-05-13 14:06

It's all gone very quiet all of a sudden. You lot not so cocky now!!! Ha ha ha you lost and we won. Justice will prevail!

#129 The right outcome but no cause for celebration

2014-05-13 14:50

Ms Shuter's behaviour was unacceptable and it is right that she be barred from teaching. Those arguing for her retention at KSHS have clearly not read the report into her behaviour and they should. But those, like me, who feel she should go should not see this as a great day. Ms Shuter was a talented and capable head teacher in many ways. At her best she turned schools around and inspired teachers and students. That her own behaviour has resulted in her leaving the profession is a tragedy but one of her making.

#130 Re: Re:

2014-05-13 15:24

#107: - Re:

The school dealt with bullies when Mr Lewis was in charge?  Where did you get that information from?  Speak to parents, one of whom i know personally, and ask them how the school addressed bullying. In a few words - they didn't.   Parents have removed their children from the school during the previous headship, due to zero action.

#131 Re:

2014-05-13 15:34

#128: -

That is a very sad and pathetic comment. My son, who is 15, is without doubt far more mature than you  'Ha ha, you lost and we won'!! How old are you?  It's primary school talk.

#133 Re:

2014-05-13 15:42

#123: -

Many more parents wanted  Jo Shuter to stay. For evidence, just look at the respective petitions. No need to say more.

2014-05-13 15:42

Nah nah nah nah nah nah you lost and we won. Is that more mature for you? Ha ha ha. Don't care what you think and how playground talk it is YOU LOST. Now get back in hole!

#135 TA TA SHUTER

2014-05-13 15:44

FORMER Quintin Kynaston headteacher has been banned from unsupervised teaching for life after a misconduct hearing into the abuse of school funds found her guilty of “unacceptable professional conduct”.

Jo Shuter, who resigned from the academy school in Marlborough Hill, Swiss Cottage, last year, faced at panel in Coventry last month.

She was handed a “prohibition order” that bans her from teaching children unsupervised, with no chance for a review.

In a written decision, published today (Tuesday), the National College for Teaching and Learning wrote: “In reaching this conclusion the panel has taken into account the significant length of time over which the proved facts took place, the amounts of money involved and the breadth of areas involved in these breaches.”

The panel took the decision to ban Ms Shuter to maintain “public confidence in the profession,” adding: “This is particularly so in Ms Shuter’s case, in light of her high national profile as an influential figure in the education world and public recognition as head teacher of the year and her receipt of a CBE. This high profile increases the risk of public confidence in the profession being undermined.”

The financial irregularities, which Ms Shuter had agreed to before the hearing, were laid out in the report. At the hearing, Ms Shuter agreed that these abuses amounted to “unacceptable professional conduct and/or conduct that may bring the profession into disrepute.”

Abuses to the school's expenses systems that were considered by the panel included:

• Mobile phone bills for herself, son and daughter

• Taxis to restaurants including Ivy and Wolseley

• Delivery of £1,500 worth of furniture to her home

• Hotel stay for senior staff of over £8,000

• A 50th birthday party, totalling £7,000

• Used her personal assistant, paid for by the school, to organise her private consultancy work and organising bookings of her Turkish holiday villa

The panel acknowledged that Ms Shuter had been a “force for good in many respects” including the positive effect she had when she took over the failing Pimlico School in 2008. She said that running the school alongside QK had led her to “conflate personal use and school use of taxis.” But it added: “Ms Shuter was only headteacher of Pimlico School until August 2008, whilst the misuse of school funds for personal taxi journeys continued until at least August 2012."

It added: “The Panel notes that Ms Shuter admits that £5,855.67 of taxi expenditure incurred by Ms Shuter over the period 1 January 2011 to 31 August 2012 was definitively identified as not being related to school business.”

Deciding not to allow Ms Shuter to appeal for the decision to be reviewed in the future, the panel wrote: “Despite approximately two more years having passed since these events came to light, Ms Shuter does not, in the Panel’s view, show genuine insight into the severity and impact of her behaviours.”

The prohibition order has been agreed by Education Secretary Michael Gove. Ms Shuter may appeal the decision in the High Court within the next 28 days.

2014-05-13 15:48

Deciding not to allow Ms Shuter to appeal for the decision to be reviewed in the future, the panel wrote: “Despite approximately two more years having passed since these events came to light, Ms Shuter does not, in the Panel’s view, show genuine insight into the severity and impact of her behaviours.”

INCREDIBLE, SHE AS MANY OF THE PARENTS THAT WANTED HER TO STAY ON COULD NOT TAKE IN THE SEVERITY OF WHAT SHE HAS DONE. NOW IF THE NCTL HAS BANNED HER SHOWS AND SAYS A LOT ON HER CHARACTER, GIVING FEEBLE EXCUSES FOR HER EXPENSES, AND THINKING SHE COULD CARRY ON AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED!

2014-05-13 15:51

It just goes to show that sometimes you should believe what you read in the papers!

2014-05-13 15:56

Jo Shuter tried to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and you lot fell for it. What she did was serious and you guys just didn't get that. A petition to save her? You should all be ashamed of yourselves wanting a thief amongst our kids!

#139 Re:

2014-05-13 15:56

#127: -

Get back to the school it deserves to be?  And what is that? It has never been the school it 'deserves to be', due to inadequate Heads, from Mr Falk onwards.  With Ms Shuter, the school could have got there. Shame it has come to this, also sad that comments such as yours imply that the Jewish parents who supported Ms Shuter should move to another school.  Division within the religion. Far from a positive attitude.

#140 Shameful

2014-05-13 16:03

I took my son out of KS last year - and, boy, am I glad I did! The parents who started this petition - you are VERY misguided. The parents who are making immature comments about having won - even though you were right about Shuter, you are making yourselves look stupid. The only losers here are your children. Quite frankly it would take a miracle to turn the school around......

2014-05-13 16:10

Well you lot said we should take our kids out of KS if we don't like Ms Shuter so you're only getting a taste of your medicine. And as for the immature comments yes you're right I am being a bit immature but it feels good! You would have all acted the same way if the tables were turned.

2014-05-13 16:14

How will the kids suffer? We do have good teachers at the school. Shuter is not the be all and end all. C'mon get a grip!

2014-05-13 16:15

Ok ok rant and immaturity is out of my system now. What's next?

2014-05-13 16:22

There is still another chance of her coming back if people email regulation.division@education.gsi.gov.uk

#145 Re:

2014-05-13 16:25

2014-05-13 16:29

Karma!

2014-05-13 16:41

The governing body at KS has some serious questions to answer about their decision to appoint Ms Shuter. They knew this was hanging over her and must have read the investigation report that led to this outcome. At best this is amateteurish, at worst it is negligence. Either way the children and parents of KS deserve better.

2014-05-13 16:54

we dont want her back!

#149 Re: Re: Re:

2014-05-13 17:01

#130: - Re: Re:

MR Lewis expelled a child that had a past record in primary school and went to KS for secondary school, he bullied the hell out of my kid, and I put my foot down and had long talks with him, Ms Carmel Brown, Rabbi Bruce and Ms Shutz, in the end the boy was asked to go.

#150 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-05-13 17:02

#149: - Re: Re: Re:

your point is?