Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in UK

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Portas Owino Ongondo right to remain in UK.

2014-05-16 15:25

This man is wonderful he supports our school helps out beyond his job description and deserves to stay here please for our lovely school let him stay he has a job and respect and accommodation he is not sponging off the state he's a worker we need to keep him!

2014-05-16 17:03

We need Portas Ongondo to stay as part of our school family. He is not just an employee of the school, he is our friend. He does an amazing job and is trusted and liked by everyone. His son is at university and needs his dad around - as do his other sons. We need to keep him in this country where he has established a life for himself so please help!

2014-05-16 17:10

Portas is a wonderful person and a delight to know. He is not a burden on anyone and works hard. He has fitted in well with the school and our local church. His family is in this country. It makes no sense to send him back to Kenya where he has no job or financial security.

2014-05-16 18:54

My daughter studies in the school and enjoys having him in the school.

2014-05-16 18:56

Mr Ong'ondo works at my school and we all enjoy having him in our school as he is very hard-working and caring.

2014-05-16 18:59

My daughter goes to the school that Portas works at and says he is very nice and caring. She hopes that he will not have to go back to Kenya.

2014-05-16 19:02

I used to go to the school which Mr Ong'ondo works at. He was very nice and always there for you. Please don't let him go back to Kenya!

2014-05-16 20:33

Sign this petition!

2014-05-16 20:44

I really hope Mr Ong'ondo will stay!!!!!!!!!!

2014-05-16 20:49

He is a part of collingham school and doesn't deserve to leave!
A

2014-05-16 22:09

He is a valued member of the school community.

#12 Portas Ongondo

2014-05-17 10:08

What a sad case. I am disappointed with UK law. I appreciate that we need to have rules in place about who can stay in the UK but it seems such a shame that Portas who arrived here legally, is financially independent, has 2 jobs and contributes so positively in our local school and community should me made to leave the country where his children have permanent residency. As I understand it (I am no expert) the law says that his children are no longer considered to be dependent? If that is the case then in my view that is simply wrong. I am now in my mid 40's and have been dependent on my parents all my life. Not financially but emotionally and practically. They have supported me with many things, especially helping with my children and what a joy and positive impact that has been for everyone. The thing that saddens me the most about Portas leaving the UK is the negative impact it is likely to have upon him and his relationship with his children and future grandchildren.
thomoj

#13 Re: Portas

2014-05-17 10:57

#1: -

Yes we too want Portas to be able to remain in the UK. He is a wonderful humble man who contributes positievely wherever he is. He is a much loved member of our church family

Jill Thompson

2014-05-17 17:56

Laws are there to govern us and protect us as well. It is a shame to hear that someone who is legally here in UK can not be given relevant papers to live according to law. The victim here is Portas and the law is not focussing on him as one. All the years he has lived and worked in UK faithfully and now if you sent him away how is he going to start his life. He came here to join his family and now that his relationship is having problems that does not mean that he can not live here.is the law encouraging broken society or building?

2014-05-17 18:13

Portas is a very committed man to his family and his work and upbringing of his children. His removal will negatively impact on his live and work. His has no other job to go to. As one of the elders from his community we are still working on reconciliation of which if he is removed from UK it be impossible to work on. He is trying his part and i do not understand why the law wants to break it by not permitting him to stay in UK.

2014-05-17 20:15

Portas has responsibilities to his children, his school, to his church, among some of us who have Kenyan background. Iam involved in attempts to reconcile him & his wife efforts which will be made even more difficult if he leaves the country. His children may be grown up but the upbringing of a childggoes beyond just attaining adult age. It's important Portas stays within closer reach of seing to his family which in afro setting remain children despite turning 18 plus

2014-05-18 06:05

Portas is an amazing guy ,very hard working,friendly ,caring and commitment to everything he does is key to him , he is working hard to support himself and I believe his place of work are so proud of his work . Please please let this guy be granted the right to stay .

2014-05-18 07:21

Mr Ongondo is a well loved member of the community who is well trusted, loved and respected by parents and children alike. After working with the school for such a long time and with family in the UK it is extremely unfair to consider sending him back to Kenya where he has no life or financial security.

2014-05-18 08:58

We would really miss Mr Ongondo. Please let him stay

2014-05-18 09:04

He helped year 5 with our Africa topic and in Year two he made us some curry from Kenya. He told us all about the dangers of mosquitoes too.
Charlotte

#21 The best superintendent ever!

2014-05-18 09:30

Please help him! How would you like it if you were being forced to move back to Kenya without your family?
Please just put down your name and email and help him! We love Mr Ong'ondo to bits! He's is the best superintendent ever!
Tell all you friends to put down their name and email for a good cause! Help our caretaker!!!!
Choose a nickname

#22 Subject

2014-05-18 09:50

Mr Ongondo is a very valued member of the school and local community. He is loved and trusted by the children and goes out of his way to help in any way he can, going well above and beyond any expectations you could have of a school superintendent. He has no life in Kenya, as all his family are here - his children and his school family. He is a wonderful role model for the children - loyal, trustworthy, hard working and kind. Surely these are the characteristics we should be encouraging our children to have and the sort of person we should be proud to welcome in this country. Please let him stay.

2014-05-18 10:23

I agree! Let him stay!

2014-05-18 18:01

Portas Owino Ongondo is known to me through Collingham Lady Elizabeth Hastings Primary School where I am a Governor & where Portus has been employed and valued greatly as Superintendant Caretaker for some years.He is so obliging ,relates well to staff. parents & pupils & everyone wishes him to continue with his employment.
Olly

#25 The Law appears to be an ass

2014-05-18 19:04

As a parent of a kid at the school where he works I wholeheartedly support this petition to assist Mr Ongondo to remain in the UK, ideally in Collingham. Until reading the details here the only way I knew anything about him was from what mythat he was nice, helped out at the school and kept chickens. For a man to make enough impact on a 4 year old kid to tell his parents about him is testament enough to the work he does and the man he must be. It seems all the more unfair that having worked hard, raised kids and gone through a relationship breakdown to then send him thousands of miles to a place has doesn't have close family. His kids will not stop needing him just because they are legally adults and equally he will need them. Please apply some common sense. Or decency.