Request to cancel the PSAC and TB vote (PA, SV and EB groups)

/ #307 Timing of the voting orchestrated

2011-01-29 08:07

I have many thoughts on this.......I find it a strange coincidence that many of the locals voting dates coincided with the reps conference that was held the first part of November. Did PSAC want us/as many of the reps as possible out of their hair so they could baffle the members. When I found out that PSAC had chosen a voting date that coincided with my absence to attend the reps conference, I asked to reschedule our voting date. This would have allowed our local's executive to bring back much valued info from the conference regarding the offer so that our members could make an informed vote. Guess what?.....I was told "no, sorry..." I could almost envision their hairy eyeball look when they responded. Their lame excuse had something to do with the keynote speakers schedule. What a sham. So our members cast a vote based on little info or rather misleading information. How come there wasn't an advance poll process put in place...what would those who fought so hard for the severance pay provision think of the bargaining team's recommendation to accept let alone the corrupt way in which the voting was handled.

Thank you for starting this petition. I hope something comes of it.