Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

keep august 15th!!!!!

#70 The "Majority" cheated?

2011-02-19 17:00

There are concerns that many people used work/home/other computers to vote several times... I for one do not believe the vote was nearly a majority as one thinks.

At Christmas now you can travel out past New Years without having to rush home on the most expensive travel dates to get back.

But.

I've heard of several friends and family that only voted for Aug 1 because of the Christmas break start time but favored the the August 15th start.

The September break was useless and if you are involved with football or band you aren't getting that week off anyhow.

Too bad they can't shorten the Thanksgiving break and add it to a February break or even move spring break to march to split up the last part of the year better.

Replies

#77 Re: The "Majority" cheated?

2011-02-19 17:13:57

#70: keep august 15th!!!!! - The "Majority" cheated? I've heard of teachers "running to the computer labs" to log onto as many computers as possible in order to cast as many votes as possible. I, for one, felt "forced" to vote for the Aug. 1st start date, since there was no other option to have the week off before Christmas. I do not appreciate being considered in "the high percentage of voters who support the balanced calendar." I do NOT support the balanced calendar...nor do many of my friends..but the board of education did not allow us another suitable option. There is no reason why it is necessary to go right up until the 23rd of December. I believe this was a total manipulative strategy for some of the board members to get exactly what they wanted.

#100 Re: The "Majority" cheated?

2011-02-19 18:08:29

#117 Re: The "Majority" cheated?

2011-02-19 19:25:04

#70: keep august 15th!!!!! - The "Majority" cheated?

Does it not bother you that they raised this issue inspite of so many other more important issues? - budget, superintendent?

Does it not bother you that they disregarded the majority?

#280 Re: The "Majority" cheated?

2011-02-22 05:30:13

If the majority cheated, so did the minority, so the percentages are still accurate.  Also, you can't take from semester 1 (Thanksgiving) to give to semester 2 (Feb. break).  It's bad enough that Christmas is ruined, now you want to ruin Thanksgiving too?

Smyrna mom

#602 Re: The "Majority" cheated?

2011-03-02 22:48:37

The "Majority" cheated?  Really!!  Ha!   The only cheaters I see are the "CCSB 4".  Have any of them bothered to go into schools and ask teachers, faculty, students and parents what they want?  That would eliminate any doubt that the "Majority" cheated.  Mr. Stultz admitted that he has not been inside ANY schools in his district since he was elected.  What kind of representation is that?!?!  He was asked the night before the Board Meeting to go into the schools and do his own informal survey, which he would not agree to do.  I believe he's afraid of the truth.  His term in office will indeed be short.