Petition for the August 1st Calendar

Quoted post

#576 Bartlett's quote

2011-03-02 14:15

"Constituents should choose to educate themselves before they continue the gossip. It is scary because this is how people like Hitler come to power. They believe the untruths. I think it’s really sad when the administrators perpetuate the lies. It is very discouraging as a proponent of public education to see the lack of respect from people that interface with our children on a daily basis.”
This is exactly why we need to show up en masse at her town hall meeting tomorrow night ( Osborne HS - 6:00). How can you be school board chair(and a teacher) and hate teachers and administrators?
Mrs. Bartlett - we are educated constituents. We are also angry, motivated, organized, financed and ready to fight this battle. So maybe you should be scared (of losing the absolute power that you presently hold).

Replies

#596 Re: Bartlett's quote

2011-03-02 20:02:36

#576: - Bartlett's quote 

How many days has Bartlett been out of her classroom? Over 35 I have been told.  I guess that is why she doesn't feel that teachers need a break. Well...most teachers don't take days off  from teaching  to  work another job. Sounds like she does.

She doesn't work in Cobb County. I am sure that she took advantage of the Fall and WInter Break to go herself and her children to dentists and dr. appoints. Bartlett needs to be held accountable for her  actions and comments. She is not a true representative of hard working parents and teachers. Is she on some kind of power trip?  Does this new board really care about the teachers and students, or a few people who want longer summers? What is the point of longer summers. Studies has found that students do better with more frequent breaks not longer ones. Lets keep this petition going and get it to the proper authorities to shake this board up and out!