Petition to Allow Wausau West Master Singers to Sing

Quoted post

2013-10-06 13:15

I am a Wausau West alumi and I was shocked to hear this new policy. While I agree we need to be respectful of the beliefs of others these new standards are not the way to do it. Much of music throughout history was written with one religious belief or another in mind. Beautiful songs that teach us about who we are as humans, how we view the world, and about diverse cultures around the world. When I was in choir at West we sang traditional song but also songs in diverse languages representing various cultures and faiths. It enriched my love for music and cultures around the world. It taught me to respect and value the beliefs of others as I sang their songs and their words. Don't take that opportunity away from this group of students or any that will follow them.

Replies

#116 Re:

2013-10-08 21:56:12

#36: -

Well said, I appreciate your elequence it is a gift, I have the gift of boldness and issued a simple yet hopefully effective threat of retaliation by requesting the resignation of those involved.

For the sake of political correctedness it seems our basic rights are being stripped from our culture and herritage (and they wonder why there is so much crime......... repression is not the way.