Save Raigmore Maternity Beds

Quoted post

Jenny Smy-Murdoch

#127 From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

2011-06-18 17:48

First the SCBU is under threat, and now proposed cuts to maternity beds. All this in the UK's fast-growing city, one of its most prosperous, and, crucially, the hospital with the largest catchment area in Britain! I've unearthed something that just could have a bearing on what is happening: "An exciting new build project is currently underway to develop a bespoke, multi-user bio-medical research, education, and business incubation facility adjacent to Raigmore Hospital, Inverness. The development, extending to some 7,240 sq.m. (77,472 sq.ft) will comprise office and laboratory space, two lecture theatres, breakout space, a library, café and clinical skills centre." Is the unthinkable happening? Are they sacrificing patient care to business interests? Is this what David Cameron means when he talks about "protecting the NHS, whilst giving an enhanced role to the private sector"? I fear it is!

Replies

#138 Re: From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

2011-06-21 22:28:33

#127: Jenny Smy-Murdoch - From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

Erm, I think this is the Centre for Health Science where all our nursing and up until the scottish government cut places, midwifery students are educated. It's been there for a few years now.

Revealer of Truth

#166 Re: From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

2012-01-10 23:20:26

#127: Jenny Smy-Murdoch - From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

You were NOT a Raigmore - trained nurse/midwife but you are worthy of an Oscar for the best actress ever. Beware you sins will find you out.