Save Raigmore Maternity Beds

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Save Raigmore Maternity Beds.

#151 Guest

2011-07-05 01:42

SAVE IT!

2011-07-05 01:52

Please keep ward 9 will be needing a bed in November. x
clach 27

2011-07-05 01:53

please keep ward 9 will be needing a bed in november. x

2011-07-05 11:20

It is just another case of money coming before lives!!!!!! Get rid of some of the managers! That will save money

2011-07-05 16:42

I'ts scary enough to think that im going to be a first time mum in less than 6 weeks!! never mind being thrown in the deep end and out in 6 hours...far to risky!!!!

2011-07-06 00:58

It is disgusting that this is even being thought of,the maternity wards at Raigmore serve a huge population and cutting beds is just ridiculous. I had both of my children there and the staff were wonderful, I received excellent care both times. Maybe the executives should take a cut in their salaries!
New mum

2011-07-06 22:04

I would not have coped without the support of the midwives staying in raigmore for a few days after a section delivery, an infected wound and a tiny baby requiring alot of attention. I felt the staff were stretched and exhausted as it is. Do not worsen this situation for staff providing a vital service. I say give them more staff not less!!!

2011-07-07 11:15

Both my children were born at Raigmore. It was a very busy maternity wing and the staff, who never seemed to get a break, were fantastic. There should be more beds available - not less.
Choose a nickname

#159 Re:

2011-07-07 12:07

Choose a nickname

#160 Re:

2011-07-07 12:07

2011-07-09 13:42

I am expecting my first baby and it worries me of what they are doing, they are risking the lives of so many people and babies. Apprecitate there are cuts to be made, but these should be done in other ways, ie. folk in suits,pen-pushers,daily meetings and expenses that are being claimed for.

2011-07-10 20:20

well it will be a sad day. i jst gave birth 2 my twins there 5 month ago . brill midwifes .deliverd my 2 healthy babys .

2011-07-10 20:21

hi it will be a sad day ,i jst gave birt 5 month ago 2 my twins . deliverd by sum luvly midwifes, a gr8t team :)

2011-07-11 04:40

Come on mr boss man, justify closing down one of THE most important wards in the hospital?? Not only does it reassure and comfort families having babies, but also brings families closer together through the birth of a child! Absolute Shame on you!! You may be lucky enough to be able afford 'private hospitals' but open your eyes 90% of us cant!!! It's a disgrace that u think that this is acceptable!! I just wonder how you can all sleep at night?!! Ur DISGRACEFUL!!!

2011-07-15 23:04

I have just returned from staying for ten days in Ward 10 - due to pre-eclampsia. While
I was there, I came across many ladies from all walks of life, age and with a number of
children - in those days there. We are all in agreement - how can the Government be so
selfish in doing what they OI'e planning? Childbirth, before and after. is one of the most
emotional roller coasters a mother and father will go through. No matter if it is your
first, second or fifth. While you are in hospital, you get to chat to Mums about what we
are all going through. Things that you might not dream of sharing. but knowing that your
fellow bed mates have been through the before and after helps you to let your emotions
out. If you have been on your own at home, this could be the only opportunity to discuss
these things as well, with the other Mums, the Maternity Staff, the Labour suite staff,
the Tea Ladies. These people give you the utmost support, cere and attention. They
answer questions that come to your head at 4.00a.m. after delivery and it is THEN you
need those questions answered NOT 24 hours later. Otherwise it will linger in your mind
and you start to worry and having the support of a Midwife in the very early days is so
important, because if you don't, believe me, Post Natal Depression will be on the increase
and a lot more money will be needed in other areass to deal with that.
I agree if a Mum feels O.K to go home within these eight hours, that is fine. But if she is
not, please give her the little extra time to deal with the emotions - talk to Midwives and
Mums - PLEASE.
As we live in the Highlands, Raigmore Hospital covers a huge area. We have our local
hospital, which im sure most women would love to have their baby in, but again, due
to lack of funding. these hospitals do not have the facilities fa help in cases of the worse
scenario so we need to go to raigmore. Local midwives cover a huge area too and they are worked to their limits they are not always avaiable exacly when you need them as they have other ladies to attend to over a vast area.
So, our only choice for first time pregnancies and pregnancies with complications is to go
to Raigmore hospital. For me it is 72 miles, for those in Skye and further afield it is a
lot more, so we need time MORE THAN 6 HOURS IN HOSPITAL IF WE NEED IT.
Another concern is on arriving home. As the MidWifery service in my locality is going
through the same budget issues the Midwifery staff are stretched to full capacity.
This means that the level of care and access to a Midwife is limited, which could be
critical if intensive support was requrred

Revealer of Truth

#166 Re: From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

2012-01-10 23:20

#127: Jenny Smy-Murdoch - From an ex-Raigmore-trained nurse/midwife

You were NOT a Raigmore - trained nurse/midwife but you are worthy of an Oscar for the best actress ever. Beware you sins will find you out.

gem

2012-11-23 23:27

The shortage of maternity beds in the NE is an absolute disgrace. Mothers are being sent willynilly to Dundee and Glasgow because there isn't even enough beds in Aberdeen. This is a health and safety matter as well as common humanity!