town of hawkesbury on canada

Quoted post

Taxpayer

2014-01-25 03:21

I have to say that I have been to council meetings and there is too much time devoted to trivial subjects such as dog parks, festivals etc... Also, lots of people at those meetings are not taxpayers or don't even live in the city. At the entrance of the meeting there should be a person validating that you are a homeowner from Hawkesbury. If you rent or are from the outside then too bad.

The City should start charing surrounding cities for services. Lots of people go live in Champlain but take all of our services and do not pay more money. Library, Arena, boat landing, etc...I agree with some of the comments that the fire department is wasting lots of our money. Comparables cities are often 50% less than us.

I've read lots of comments some I agree and some I don't but people in order to be taken seriously you have to get your facts straight. Property Evaluation are governed by the province not the cities fault. If cops donèt pay at McDo who cares its a private company doesn't hurt the city. The water meter were mandated by the province because our water filtration plant was not up to speed to accomodate new houses, buildings. In my opinions the city could cut some services like a recreation director. All of the sports organization are run by volunteers so why do we need that person? Stop doing so many festivals. Do 1 properly and scrap all the others. I could go on and on...

Replies

#206 Re: I DO CARE

2014-01-25 23:35:27

#201: Taxpayer -

NO FREEBIES SO YOU'RE 1 OF THEM NO WONDER you get freebies and more

#207 Re:

2014-01-25 23:39:03

Come on if you make 65,000$ and more and can't afford a coffee then you should just drink water lol

#208 Re: No Freebies

2014-01-26 22:50:09

I don't agree with you they have freebies all over Tim , Bk , Miss hawk , Dong Kong, McDo and so on it's considered a freebie then it's a bribe under Police act. As for dogs park it's about time and there will be a fee to attend this park per owners of dog i'm tired of dog poop all over main street,festivals are not paid by town as for services i agree to much champlain ppls at arena ,library,pool etc. This Town should be under RCMP investigation to much stuff going around and it as been for many many years.If we all go at town council and demand election now or put town under guardianship.And last if the newspapers were more alert and give the news there would have been an investigation long time ago but they are part of it.To bad some council members are scared to speak up.

#238 Re:

2014-03-27 03:02:54

Thank you for understanding the situation and explaining so clearly what is happening at the Council Table and how we the people have a government not for the people AT ALL.

#252 Re:

2014-05-12 15:24:26

Thank you for being very honest about how things really are in our Town.