town of hawkesbury on canada

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition town of hawkesbury on canada.

Taxpayer

2014-01-25 03:21

I have to say that I have been to council meetings and there is too much time devoted to trivial subjects such as dog parks, festivals etc... Also, lots of people at those meetings are not taxpayers or don't even live in the city. At the entrance of the meeting there should be a person validating that you are a homeowner from Hawkesbury. If you rent or are from the outside then too bad.

The City should start charing surrounding cities for services. Lots of people go live in Champlain but take all of our services and do not pay more money. Library, Arena, boat landing, etc...I agree with some of the comments that the fire department is wasting lots of our money. Comparables cities are often 50% less than us.

I've read lots of comments some I agree and some I don't but people in order to be taken seriously you have to get your facts straight. Property Evaluation are governed by the province not the cities fault. If cops donèt pay at McDo who cares its a private company doesn't hurt the city. The water meter were mandated by the province because our water filtration plant was not up to speed to accomodate new houses, buildings. In my opinions the city could cut some services like a recreation director. All of the sports organization are run by volunteers so why do we need that person? Stop doing so many festivals. Do 1 properly and scrap all the others. I could go on and on...

#202 Re: une ville qui fait pitier

2014-01-25 17:31

#6: - une ville qui fait pitier

Pour les journaux, regarde les chroniques de Richard Mahoney.

dedethom

#203 Re: We pay for their mistakes.....as usual!

2014-01-25 17:32

#8: - We pay for their mistakes.....as usual!

I'm not calling him Mr anymore. My father always told me that a Mr is a respectable person.

#204 Re: Re: Re: 4

2014-01-25 17:37

#195: - Re: Re: 4

So right...

#205 Re: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014-01-25 17:39

#200: GRATIS - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J'ai vu la même chose se produire chez Dong Kong Café... insultant en maudit !

#206 Re: I DO CARE

2014-01-25 23:35

#201: Taxpayer -

NO FREEBIES SO YOU'RE 1 OF THEM NO WONDER you get freebies and more

#207 Re:

2014-01-25 23:39

Come on if you make 65,000$ and more and can't afford a coffee then you should just drink water lol

#208 Re: No Freebies

2014-01-26 22:50

I don't agree with you they have freebies all over Tim , Bk , Miss hawk , Dong Kong, McDo and so on it's considered a freebie then it's a bribe under Police act. As for dogs park it's about time and there will be a fee to attend this park per owners of dog i'm tired of dog poop all over main street,festivals are not paid by town as for services i agree to much champlain ppls at arena ,library,pool etc. This Town should be under RCMP investigation to much stuff going around and it as been for many many years.If we all go at town council and demand election now or put town under guardianship.And last if the newspapers were more alert and give the news there would have been an investigation long time ago but they are part of it.To bad some council members are scared to speak up.

insidejob

#209 Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-01-29 00:31

#194: - Re: Re: Re:

Take your car and go check for yourself the snow is on industrial blvd not ppg land

#210 Re: Re: Re: Re: Re:

2014-01-29 02:55

#209: insidejob - Re: Re: Re: Re:  

cannot take my car for a drive, i have none, can't afford it, gotta pay my extravagant Hawkesbury taxes

2014-01-29 05:26

Just before the election an employee of one of your newspaper new about Mr. and Mrs Berthiaumes' trip to Europe payed by a wellknown business man from Hawkesbury. He was told by his boss that he couldn't write about it in the newspaper. If the newspapers wrote the truth about everything that is going on in Hawkesbury maybe you wouldn't be in so much shit.

#212 Re: YES YES

2014-01-29 14:41

#211: -

About time someone thinks like me local newspapers are part of the clik why do you think it's free worth nothing

Anti-Scrooge

#213 Et le Maire a Dit

2014-01-29 22:35

« À court terme, nous avons des décisions difficiles à prendre. Et il va falloir les prendre et je n'ai pas peur de les prendre. »
— René Berthiaume, maire de Hawkesbury a Radio-Canada
Come on gang faut qu'il quitte et maintenant des elections s.v.p

#214 Re: Et le Maire a Dit

2014-01-30 00:26

#213: Anti-Scrooge - Et le Maire a Dit 

ca c'est parce que le maire berthiaume ne craint rien. Y le sait que Hawkesbury c'est des suiveux pis des peureux. Il se sent intouchable

#215 Re: Re: No Freebies

2014-01-30 12:40

#208: - Re: No Freebies

I agree that freebies are illegal but people on this petition are confusing property taxes (what the petition is about) and freebies from private companies.  If you want to be taken seriously don't mix things up. And you really think that the people that will be using the dog park are the same people that let their dogs crap on the sidewalk.  Come on ....

#216 Re: Re:

2014-01-30 12:41

#207: - Re:

As nothing to do with property taxes being so high.  If you want to be taken seriously you need to stick to facts which are high property taxes.

#217 Re: Re: Re:

2014-01-30 14:55

#216: - Re: Re:  

unfortunately, everything going down has to do with our high property taxes. Wastes, corruption, free hand-outs. This town is corrupted and nobody is doing anything about it. Local newspapers are "bought" and silent. Local businessmen rules this town. If you ain't in the "clik", you ain't nothing!! People are closing their eyes to it. It has always been and always will be this way. It's a "chicken-shit" town. Town council are just puppets acting out the "click's" agenda. You do as you are told or you get out. But despite all of this, it seems that Thibodeau and Portelance are on the right track to exposing all this "bullshit". If only the "right people" would make it possible to have this town investigated. I am sure that we would uncover some other stuff that we don't know about yet. Who is the "nice" guy that rented a boat for Mr. Berthiaume all summer because his was in the shop and wouldn't have been able to live his "big shot" lifestyle. Mr. Berthiaume would have looked pretty silly with all of his "buddies" with boats if he wouldn't have one when the "festival de la rive" was on. After all, he pushed so hard to have that event that costs alot of money and for which we still do not have the numbers on the return of this investment. Nor do we have the numbers on his $15000 "give-away" to a non-popular fishing show that mentionned the town for less than 2 minutes. Mr. Berthiaume spends the town's money right and left without any worries for the simple fact that he has never ran "in the red" all his life.  Born in a very wealthy family, he hasn't seen "hard times". Obviously, when you are born with a silver spoon up your ***!

#218 reply to comment #215

2014-01-31 04:36

Excuse me let's stick to Berthiaume, Fraser and Beaulne the 3 stooges!! Why are you refering to dog park??? If you want to start on this subject about dog craps what about cats that comes in backyard and leaves their craps and make our animals sick?? This is not the dogs fault it is irresponsible owners. Leave the dogs and animals out of this. Stick to the taxes. All animals are innocent in this. So stick to the story.
new citizen

#219 employees

2014-02-01 02:25

Hi all I bought a house here not long ago and I see all those comments about how many employees the public works have but I have a question does anyone really know how many they have I was just wondering before I make any comments

#220 Re: employees

2014-02-01 11:22

#219: new citizen - employees 

nobody knows how many there are but one thing is for sure, we have too many. They cost us a fortune with salary, benefits and pension plans. We are not aware of salary, another lack of transparency. But we do see how they have "never-ending" breaks. No "shift" work so we end up paying time and a half and double time during winters with snow removal. And i guess the town doesn't believe in lay-offs. When times are tough, we should be able to let go a few of the un-needed workers. My sympathies to you for buying a house here, you are now "condemned" to ownership of a broken-down, dictatored regime in a town with no future. Just like all the rest of us. Please do make your comments, i'm sure they will be usefull.

#221 Investigation

2014-02-01 11:37

La ville devrait etre sous investigation car on le sais tous qu'il y a des choses croches qui se passent a Hawkesbury mais personne ne fait rien. Quelles sont les etapes requises pour pouvoir voir une telle chose se produire? Nous en avons assez de voir Berthiaume et ses acolytes se foutter de nous et de faire ce que bon LEURS semblent. Une commission "Charbonneau" comme au Quebec nous permetterais de découvrir pleins de "ptites vites" qu'on se fait passer en dessous du nez depuis tres tres longtemps. Quelqu'un va t-il s'avancer pour commencer cette croisiere qui pourrait nous mener a un meilleur service par cette ville dont nous meritons et payons pour?

#222 Re: Re: employees

2014-02-01 16:42

#220: - Re: employees

Aactually one of my friends works there and says they are 9 people that work for the public works and they get double time only on Christmas and new years day and for the overtime they do all together combined it is less than half of the overtime 1 firefighter makes in a year

2014-02-02 08:06

stop overspending
live within your limits
Revolt

2014-02-02 08:09

stop overspending
live within your limits

2014-02-02 14:48

That's what I say to my wife