Reinstate 1 yr Applied Ba ECCE @ Carlow IT for higher capitation

Quoted post

2016-04-14 22:11

It devalues the degrees that people like me have worked very hard for and paid a lot of money for! It dose nothing to promote professionalism which we are fighting for day after day!! 

Replies

L Ni Flannagain
The author of this petition

#9 Re:

2016-04-14 22:19:46

#8: -  

It only devalues the degree if you believe it does, I am a nurse, I qualified long before it became a degree course. I never felt any less a nurse because I gained my qualification differently and I never belittled those with degrees for having no hands on experience. We were all in the same profession supporting each other ,learning from each other and working to keep people alive and healthy. This is simply recognition of another unique situation where people are formalizing what they already know and have experience in -it is thankfully ,progression. 

#38 Re:

2016-05-01 10:53:53

How can  a degree be de-valued when someone who holds one and is against the re-instatement doesn't understand that she has just signed a petition for it to be re-instated. Looks like your "valued" degree didn't even teach you to read or understand content properly

#51 Re:

2016-09-20 15:02:08

life long learning and experiance are way more valuble than the fresh out of college degree that you have. We really can reflect on our day to day practises whilst doing this course. Also anyone who decides to do it is pretty passionate about quality childcare to even do it in the first place. I already did level 5 and 6 seperatly. So you are saying this hasnt got the same value as your degree?