Resignation of council members, Dan Struthers & Betty Braegelman

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Resignation of council members, Dan Struthers & Betty Braegelman.

2014-11-06 18:23

What they did was completely unethical! They can not be trusted after what they did!

2014-11-06 19:26

It's understandable that there will be disagreements between council and the police dept.  But the manner in which the council went about handling the issues (or should i say personnal opinions) was appalling.  That text message sent to another officer by a city employee is completely unethical.  Derrick is clearly being railroaded by the council. In reference to the "whistleblower" policy...The Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989, Pub.L. 101-12 as amended, is a United States federal law that protects federal whistleblowers who work for the government and report agency misconduct.  This in no way shape or form has anything to do with a citizen walking in and making a complaint.  If they don't want to leave their name it is NOT a formal complaint than (much less federal to fall under this act).  Good for Derrick for refusing to bow to the nepotism and small town politics.  It's nice to see the citizens of the community supporting him.

2014-11-06 19:56

Tessa should be added to this also!!

2014-11-06 20:05

Please support our officer, Derrick Bjork. He is an excellent officer and an admirable citizen. Don't let this bullying continue!

#5 Re:

2014-11-06 20:08

#2: -  

Excellent comment!  For all we know, there were never any complaints and they are responsible for the entire fiasco! They should be ashamed of themselves!

#6 Re:

2014-11-06 20:16

#4: -  

Isn't it ironic that they just had an anti bullying assembly at the school last week? As adults we are supposed to be setting a GOOD example for our children. I can not believe adults act this way! Derrick has our support completely!

2014-11-06 20:34

The whole council needs replacing. Sending vulgar text messages to other city employees. They drag a good officers name through the dirt. Its a shame that people in this position have this kind of hostility towards someone who's doing their job above and beyond what they are supposed to do.
Shelby Boone

2014-11-06 21:35

Please also remove Tessa. She obviously on fit for this position.  She needs to go. I'm looking to buy a home and you can bet 1000 dollars I won't be buying a home in your town. Your council is ridiculous. Maybe time for a brand new council.

2014-11-06 21:38

this needs to be done and even more,
city council has no ethics, etiquette, and
a little short on common sense. why the
author of the email about the chief of police,
in Belgrade was not addressed by the council is
a statement within itself, about the lack of
backing that he is not getting. please sign this
and follow the information on more action.
thank you PATRICK COMMERFORD

2014-11-06 22:32

I grew up in the area and know many of the petitioners. They are hard working, wonderful people. And, I support their action in this case of corrupted officials.

2014-11-07 02:02

100% agree

2014-11-07 02:25

Tessa definitely should be added to this list!

2014-11-07 02:27

I support officer derrick 100%

2014-11-07 02:29

What about Tessa, she needs to be out as well!

2014-11-07 02:40

I also believe that Tessa should be on this petition. and I support Derrick Bjork. He is an amazing Man and Belgrade should count their blessings to have him as their Chief of Police. Be safe Derrick!

2014-11-07 02:50

The city council needs to be restructured. ... starting with new members
Ashamed Belgrade resident

2014-11-07 11:27

Add Tesa her name should be first on the list. Gotta love small town politics and family members getting family members city jobs. I live in town always nice to see Derrick out on patrol does a great job no problem calling either officer with questions. Not writing tickets for making U turns on Washburn REALLY those council members have never done that?? "We should have never hired him" is a complete joke. I can only imagine what else was said or what is said about everyone else in town that doesn't " fit in" with the little clique.

2014-11-07 13:06

demand termination of the city clerk. NOW

2014-11-07 15:10

What a disfunctional city council. 

2014-11-07 16:56

Don't need negative people in council.

#21 shRe:

2014-11-07 17:07

#18: -  

pc

#22 Re:

2014-11-07 17:09

#18: -  

should have been done already 

Kayla Anderson- Belgrade

2014-11-07 17:48

After reading the front page of the paper an overwhelming wave of embarrassment mixed with sadness and a dash of disgust flooded my being. I'm disgusted with myself for so blindly trusting the city council to serve our beloved community in a manner that upholds their integrity and it's citizens common values. I'm saddened the evil that is power, greed, and corruption has reared its vicious head and affected those who have been trusted to lead and serve with the community's best interest at heart.
With power comes great responsibility. The responsibility to consistently act in a professional manner, no matter whether you're "on break" or at work. The responsibility of adhering to an ethical decision process, and being responsible for an awareness of the effect your actions and opinions have on those around you. The responsibility to be an advocate for your colleagues and a leader in stomping out social injustices such as gossip and bias. I can't help but feel it is not the Chief of police who is skirting his responsibilities, but instead the council and its' members. I will continue praying the members of city council will find their moral compasses once again and lead with integrity, honor, and self-reflection.  Until then, Officer Bjork has my full support.

2014-11-07 19:29

Such a sad excuse for elected and trusted city officials whose only interest should be to promote,better, instill a safe city, build jobs, further education for what is in the best interest for the community only. The reason why there is not an opening for the city clerks position is beyond me! I would never want to move my family in your town for what I have seen. I hope these council members realize what a mockery they have made and should be embarrassed. I have contacted WCCO, maybe their news reporting can shed more light! I sure hope they at least fire the city clerk before cameras roll in! 

Upset in Belgrade

#25 Where is the hate from?

2014-11-07 19:54

The thing is that Tessa got her resentment and hatred from somewhere. So what has Betty or the  other officer been saying to her? Tessa obviously hates on Chief Bjork, but her excuse didn't make any sense. She said she is so angry with him for not requesting new ordinances. That doesn't make any sense she would have so much hate over that. So what has Betty been saying that is getting everyone so upset is what I'd like to know.