please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition please don't put down OZ sumartan tiger hamilton zoo nz.

2015-09-21 01:57

You can't blame a tiger for being a tiger. He is a wild animal no matter that you put him in a cage. I don't want to blame the victim, but there has to be more care taken around a wild animal.

2015-09-21 01:58

Because. It's disgusting. Will always be a risk when imprisoning these amazing creatures. Leave him alone.

2015-09-21 02:01

I don't believe it is fair

2015-09-21 02:01

It is a tragedy that a life was lost. Oz is a wild animal, what purpose would ending his life serve , he does not understand. Putting Oz to sleep would just be another tragedy.

2015-09-21 02:02

Because animals that are wild will be unpredictable and I bet a zillion dollars the zoo keeper who passed would never wanted Oz put down.

2015-09-21 02:03

Spare this animal, he is among the very few left of his kind

2015-09-21 02:05

Humans choose to keep the tigers in such an environment, even if in a breeding program, it is still the humans who have created the situation, you can't blame the tiger, of course complete and utter sympathy to the keeper and her family, it is a very sad situation, I too would think it wouldn't be what she wanted.

The tiger should not suffer for whatever event occurred that provided the opportunity for him to gain access to the zookeeper. He did something that is natural for a wild animal.

It was not the tiger's fault that it killed the zoo keeper. The keeper should have known better than to be in the enclosure. Euthenasing the tiger would be heartless killing.

It is an absolutely tragic loss of Sam, not to be discounted AT all though this is a magnificent beast with a wild nature, we know that, we cage that! and should be respected. By killing Oz does not deter other Tigers from attacking nor does punishing Oz for being what we know.

2015-09-21 02:06

It isn't fair on the animal. It's their natural instinct to kill, we can't blame the tiger

2015-09-21 02:07

Because we HAVE SO FEW TIGERS LEFT. THERE ARE ONLY APPROXIMATELY 500 LEFT IN MALAYSIA! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS...EVERY ANIMAL THAT IS BECOMING SO RARE LIKE THIS...WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR TOTALLY ELIMINATING AND ALMOST EXTINCT PRECIOUS, BEAUTIFUL ANIMAL. REMEMBER, EACH AND EVERY TIGER HAS A UNIQUE STRIPE PATTERN THAT IS NEVER REPEATED IN NATURE..JUST LIKE HUMAN FINGER PRINTS. WHAT A TRAGEDY TO ALLOW SUCH ANOTHER ACT OF BARBARITY AS THIS! I AM HEARTBROKEN.

2015-09-21 02:08

You cannot euthanize a wild animal for doing what comes natural to that animal...this was a tragic accident.

I suspect it would be disrespectful to Samantha's passion and all the good work she has contributed towards preventing the extinction of the Sumatra Tiger

Firstly, my condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the woman who has died in this tragedy. But as to putting the Tiger down because of the attack I am vehemently opposed. Although I imagine it will be some time before public are fully aware of the circumstances that led to this tragedy the fact remains that there are many wild animals in this zoo, and many others that could potentially kill a person. These are wild animals. Some people are opposed to keeping zoos or having animals in captivity altogether, but it must also be acknowledged that many animals that have become endangered living in their natural habitat, and that some very successful breeding programs occur in our zoos. I have visited Hamilton zoo on several occasions. The enclosures are spacious, beautifully designed and planted to replicate the animals natural environment, and staffed by caring, animal loving people who are passionate about conservation. I am sure the casualty was no different. Let's not exacerbate this tragedy by punishing this beautiful animal for doing something that is instinctive to it's species for survival. Rather, let the investigation take place and let us learn what went wrong and how we can prevent this from happening again.

#516 Re:

2015-09-21 02:09

#6: -  

If it was a dog that mauled a child the dog would of been put down 

Same thing! !!

2015-09-21 02:10

A very tragic accident, sympathies to all those affected. Without downplaying the loss, the Tiger was doing what Tigers do. There would have been no malice involved, just nature. It is wildly counter intuitive to euthanse an endangered species, which is in captivity by our hand, for doing what is natural for it to do. It is a tragic accident and should be left at that. To take the animals life in retaliation is totally senseless.

2015-09-21 02:10

So first you put a wild animal in a cage against where nature intended it to be. Then you want to kill it for doing something it was born to do - hunt, which is a privilege cruelly revoked from this innocent animal purely for the entertainment of humans.. What the actual F.

2015-09-21 02:11

This is a caged 'wild' animal. You cannot under any circumstances even think of putting it down, when it just did what its natural instinct is. Im sure the lady that died, knew and understood this. Its a horrid thing to have happened to her, and my condolences to the family, but putting this endangered creature down is definitely not the way to go. More stringent methods in looking after them and going into their enclosures, is what should be revisited here.

2015-09-21 02:12

It would be a tragedy if a Oz is killed for doing what a wild animal does especially through human error.

2015-09-21 02:12

I'm so sick of letting people with power & money destroy people/animals for acting/being what they can't control what is their nature to be. Why do those who act to protect themselves & react when under threat or r cornered & maimed get persecuted for raging at those who have hurt/threatened them?? The injustice & unfairness sux!!!!

2015-09-21 02:14

Because I do not believe that the tiger should be put down.

2015-09-21 02:14

I signed this petition as this isn't the tigers fault.It's tragic what happened,but these animals aren't meant to be in captivity and I think,because of this,these things are bound to happen.Very sad for everyone,but the tiger should live.

2015-09-21 02:15

Because he is a wild animal in confined conditions and it is our / people's responsibility to keep those working with animals like this safe.

Another life lost would be an even bigger tragedy....

2015-09-21 02:15

No, no, no not the tiger!!!