Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition Historic Terrace Theatre Hy-Vee Boycott.

2016-08-20 16:30

We want a Robbinsdale community with its own vibrant personality.  Why would we ever want to demolish "the most iconic building in Robbinsdale?"  Big modern chain grocery stores are the same everywhere and we already have several within close driving distance (no need for more!).  What about a smaller organic and locally produced grocery store? This would be so welcome and would complement the excellent local restaurants and food establishments already in downtown Robbinsdale.  Lets develope more of what is already working so well in Robbinsdale.

That site accross from the lake is so grand and great!  Can you imagine the Terrace Theatre with a bit more space around it, restored closely in the direction of its original lobby and outside appearance?!! Think: Mad Men comes to Robbinsdale.  An elegant venue for events, maybe arts events, maybe even weddings.

2016-08-23 19:39

I grew up in Golden Valley and this was my 'go-to' theater. I now live in a historical home and realize that such structures only become historical when they are saved, cared for, and their story is shared.

2016-09-06 01:38

I grew up in Robbinsdale and I went to the Terrace Theater many
times in the 60s,70s and 80s. I would hate to see it torn down for
a Shopping mall!

2016-09-21 06:48

I signed because I loved going to the Terrace back in the 90's. My older sister took me there several times and I loved it. Plus was just blocks from our grandparents home. I am all in for saving historic buildings and monuments. The Terrace is definitely unique and one of a kind. I am very sad to see history gone with a wrecking ball. It could be saved, the owners made a poor decision to let it get this far. Shame on them. Save The Terrace!

2016-10-04 12:46

Until the scofflaw tactics of the developer (knocking down a wall with a backhoe as a judge was verbally ordering them to stop/was signing the document onsite) my family were regular customers of the HyVee in New Hope. Once that incident occurred, we vowed to never step foot in HyVee again. No matter how you view this matter, HyVee is the catalyst behind the destruction of The Terrace theater.

2016-10-04 23:35

I will never step foot.in a Hy.Vee given your company's complete disregard for history and preserving architectural wonders of our built enviroment you.had an.opportunity to work with preservationists and make a great. redevelopment but instead you decided to do things the wrong way.and now you are gonna pay dearly for your.mistake I hope your company gets hurt really bad from this boycott because you are a piece of shit for your handling of the Terrace issue!

2016-10-05 03:20

I signed this petition because I believe in it. I am heartbroken by the fact that this historic theater has been demolished and the owner, the city government, and Hyvee need to feel our pain. Email me in 10 years and tell me how your business is doing.