NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition NMMU PETITION: Unlawful Protests violating our Right to Education.

2016-09-28 05:26

When you pay for a service it needs to be delivered.
Disruptive behaviour can't justify the closing of the classes
Protesters should not be allowed on the premises

2016-09-28 05:26

Negotiate fine....but do it off air!

2016-09-28 05:27

As a 27 year old who left the working world to study it is incredibly difficult to keep faith in the system, as I am self funded I do not earn enough as a waiter part time while I dtudy full time, I am the missing middle yet am evidently excluded based on premeditated assumptions because of my race!

Since when do the wants of the few outway the desires and needs of the many!

2016-09-28 05:29

Law abiding students who WANT to progress in life is fully entitled to study without interference and are willing to pay for a good education. Those that refuse to study and cause chaos should be sent back to their bush dwellings as they clearly do not want to progress in life.

2016-09-28 05:30

I am paying good money for a service I am not receiving. My children are highly frustrated as they are falling behind with their studies.

2016-09-28 05:31

My daughter is on her 3rd year and next year will be her final year she wants to attend class but the certain group that are with holding them to attend class and this must stop why dont they leave the students who want to attend class so they can continue their education thanks Terry Price for taking this on to help our kids

2016-09-28 05:32

Irresponsible actions by small group of undissiplined students

2016-09-28 05:34

This is for our children... our future...our land South Africa!!!

2016-09-28 05:38

Please, can you find out if the speaker talking in the second group on Monday ( opposite Feather Market theatre) is actually a student, how he has done this year to date. He gets the small group all heated up , police watch but when asked no one knows who he is . Very strange .
Dolla

2016-09-28 05:39

Students should not be prohibited from studying, or write exams due to people who have no respect for others- nor themselves.  This has to stop!!

2016-09-28 05:41

My parents worked hard to allow me to go to university and know their money is thrown in the water because we can't get what we paid for. We paid for it , we have a right to have it ! I want to finish this year , I've worked my ass of on my studies. Let's finish this year and stop the people taking our rights away from us.

2016-09-28 05:44

My son is presently a student at MMNU and strike actions by some students are denying him of his right to further education in a safe environment.
If these disruptive actions are allowed to continue it might lead to him not being able to complete this year. This would lead not just a financial loss to us as his parents; this would also impact his live as he would always be a year behind in his life progress. The dissatisfaction of a few cannot lead to the dissatisfaction of all.
y

2016-09-28 05:50

it is no longer about "fees" now, those who continue to burn varsities and preventing others from the classes should be checked if they have made the DP to write at the end. its wasting our childrens time who work tirelessly so they can finish and start their lives. This is now out of control and we as parents need to intervene.

2016-09-28 05:52

Because I believe that the only purpose for being at university is to work hard to obtain a degree. Students should not be wasting time by avoiding studies and preventing others from doing so!!!

2016-09-28 05:55

I am a strong advocate for the fact that poor people do not need charity or rich people's money but the opportunity to equally work and become rich!.Where is this opportunity?,through education,adequate resources,satisfactory communications with diverse people. We now live in a society were quality education is for rich,were rich people play with the rich and poor people with the poor soO much that the gap will never be narrowed,least we dare even think of it being completely closed!,and a person's birth,say,in a poor environment determines their destiny...However,I am currently in second year at NMMU studying LLB,it is difficult to understand to the T this current situation,however,from the communication from management and colleagues that attended meetings it is clear that,firstly, change does not come over night,secondly,our university-NMMU has heard our cry and is diligent in equally advocating for better access to education,,what does this mean?that we are definetly on the same team!,,so is it not nothing short of hypocrisy if one is now depriving all children of education due to unattainable demands,or attainable demands but within a ridiculous period of time. Sisters and Brothers standing for what we believe is admirable but in it all let's take a step back and realize the monies that have already been invested in this semester alone,the hard work invested in this semester alone,the grave impacts that a week of the university shutdown has done in this semester alone.It is time to go back to school.It is time to give the University and management a chance. Is it not fair we write our tests and exams.Is it nat fair we at least wait for 2017. IT IS FAIR. .Lets not have our main goal,the reason behind all these protests-ACCESIBLE EDUCATION TO A.L.L, drowned by the bickering between us students who are meant to stand as one,acts of irrationality that are causing division more than unity,Always Remember Divided we fall but UNITED we stand. Lets Unite in re-opening Universities and setting a reasonable deadline for our reasonable demands to be met-that is,2017.

2016-09-28 05:59

Because a few students are making it impossible for everyone else to enter the school premises,and that ain't right. I get the concerns,but I do not condone violence

2016-09-28 06:00

I am struggling to pay the fees for my child and the child is working extremely hard to complete the course and other people are not at all worried about their future and that of our country as they are the workforce if tomorrow and if they at this stage of their live already do the things they are involved with what discipline will they have in future.I believe that nothing come's for FREE in this world you have to work and earn it and obvious lay out capital to get it.Give the students that want to study the opportunity to do that if you don't want to go and stay at home and become a nothing in live if that is what you want.Nothing is for free pay and play your part in a better South Africa.

2016-09-28 06:00

The students who are serious about their education are being affected by the unlawful conduct by those who are not

2016-09-28 06:03

Although I agree with the reason behind the protest I do believe that the violence should be stopped. One cannot commit a violent act and then merely claim it was in protest, in order to avoid the criminal justice system.

2016-09-28 06:05

My son is currently studying at NMMU George in his final year and has not been able to attend class and which could be detrimental to his results or delay his studies which have been paid for already.

We pay a lot of money to have education and not to have it for this extended period of time is really stressful as I really want to finish my first year in the first year

Affects those that want to study and are prepared to work for what they want.

2016-09-28 06:09

As a single mother I have worked very hard to get my daughter through her 2nd year of BCom Law, only to have to possibly write off a year of our lives. Unacceptable and unforgivable. PLEASE HELP

2016-09-28 06:10

Totally and fully in agreement with the sentiment portrayed

2016-09-28 06:19

Thank you so much for this opportunity to have our say. We, too, have rights. And my child needs to get on with his degree. We don't have the resources to waste a year. A few are holding the rest to ransom. Who do they think they are. They must get removed.