STOP TRASHING OUR BUFFALO CITY METRO

Contact the author of the petition

This discussion topic has been automatically created of petition STOP TRASHING OUR BUFFALO CITY METRO.

2014-02-12 14:54

suggest removal

2014-02-12 15:00

I currently live in USA, BUT, I lived in EL for many years and still have children ,family and friends,that are living in this beautiful city of East London. How sad it is for me and every one else when we see what is happening. Come on , please get it together.

2014-02-12 15:07

We live in a county of entitlement with nothing being offered in return.Excuse me for believing that hard work deserves a reward and that no work deserves no pay.

2014-02-12 15:23

TO ADD TO THE SHAMBLES IN THE CITY - Traffic to the West bank in the mornings is CHAOTIC.

NO TRAFIC STUDY WAS DONE BY A QUALIFIED TRAFFIC ENGINEER AND I BELIEVE THE LOCATION OF A NEW SET OF LIGHTS 50 METRES AWAY FORM THE EXISTING SET IS A IS ILLEGAL.

2014-02-12 15:36

I am so grateful we are trying to do something. These people trashing our beautiful city actually do not even deserve to be part of it. Away with them!! Let us showcase our city with all the people coming to town this weekend!! These people have no shame. They are not part of the solution they are part of the problem. Away!

2014-02-12 15:36

I am so embarrassed by the untidiness and filth and brokenness of our city when family, friends and tourists pass through.
Ouboet

2014-02-12 15:49

As an ex-East Londoner I had reason to visit this past week and was absolutely disgusted at what I saw, huge mounds of rotting refuse especially within the CBD area, non existant household refuse removal, untidy verges, etc. and the list could go on and on. Visitors, local and foreign,would be just as disgusted as I was to find a once beautiful city going to the dogs and through this the city must be loosing millions of rands in revenue and this all to poor management for which the City Manager and Mayor should take all the credit (sarcasm) and responsibility.

2014-02-12 16:11

I believe that Samwu should be held responsible for this as they could have done this peacefully and by their advice now property is damaged and our refuse rots on the streets! I cannot understand a 14th cheque theory! Maybe by making the refuse collection open to a SME to take care of we would see better results!

2014-02-12 17:00

Sonele bubuxelegu, worse abantu baphosa inkunkuma endleleni which is a health hazard, bayatshisa iproperties. As tax payers we will have to go back and fix these, even though the money is suppose to be directed to other needs.

This post has been removed by its writer (Show details)

2014-02-12 17:02

#161 Outsource

2014-02-12 17:03

I've heard that private companies were brought in but were threatened, hence still no refuse collection.

2014-02-12 17:25

The strikers have no self respect, are ill-disciplined, don't care, are not proud of our city. The City Council are a useless lot of money hungry scavangers.

2014-02-12 17:30

Slum City is the appropriate description for our once beautiful city....thanks to our City Council and its workers.

2014-02-12 17:33

I like, I believe all law abiding citizens, pay my rates every month without fail. It is therefore sad that I am asked to pay twice for broken promises and for lack of care by our city bosses.
Vision needed

#165 Patronage politics generates disatisfaction

2014-02-12 18:00

The municipal dispute is seen as a reflection of the severe frustration of municipal workers towards their management resulting from patronage politics, as well presented in the Dispatch yesterday by Mcebisi Ndletyana. When managers continue to get big increases while workers perceive themselves to be poorly paid, then they are likely to refuse to see reason regarding moderation in their action. Add to that the possible exploitation of the workers by politicians who are defrauding BCM and we have a recipe for long time conflict. Managers and politicians, clean up your act!
Gatvol

2014-02-12 18:45

This whole debacle is an outrage - yet only to be expected unfortunately. It is blatantly clear that those in charge at City Hall are incompetent to say the least - as long as they are receiving their fat salaries - paid by the very residents who do not receive service delivery - they actually don't care about the city or its residents. The whole lot should be fired and competent, honest, experienced people appointed in their positions.
You get who you vote for

2014-02-12 18:49

You get who you vote for - and the very people who are now on strike and who are party to the disgusting state of our city - are the ones who continually vote these incompetent idiots back into power. Therefore I don't feel sorry for them - I am only sorry for the honest, upstanding citizens who pay their way each month and who are receiving NOTHING in return. Think before you vote in the upcoming elections.........!!!!!

2014-02-12 18:59

Our city is becoming so degraded. The litter in general is just overwhelming, no matter where one goes!

2014-02-12 19:51

Wish we could privatise the municipal services and make those who litter day to day clean up or be fined. The constant littering and posters stuck on lamp posts erc is appalling.

2014-02-12 20:11

We pay rates and taxes and demand that this strike is resolved sooner than later

2014-02-12 20:17

We will get sick because of this rubbish thrown in the streets. It is very unhealthy and hazardous

2014-02-12 21:08

It hurts to see the city, where I lived and served and brought my children up for so many years, and which I love, going to the dogs......

2014-02-12 21:39

This is disgusting and needs to be stopped.

2014-02-13 02:04

We should petition to all the people of South Africa to change. To take responsibility for the job we are employed to do, for the service we should be delivering. The members of the unions, the employees of government, municipalities are all living among us being hypocritical.
people need to change.

2014-02-13 03:43

What I fail to grasp is why these hooligans have not been arrested?? In London 2 years back zero tolerance was the name of the game. In SA we are falling deeper and deeper into the abyss of lawlessness.